Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is Paul Wulff our new recruiting coordinator?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Has everyone given up on Smalls? I'm getting there but still interested to see the first quarter of this season to see if anything clicks. Definitely unimpressed so far
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,548
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

Has everyone given up on Smalls? I'm getting there but still interested to see the first quarter of this season to see if anything clicks. Definitely unimpressed so far

He’s a pussy.

Waltzes with tackles and can’t drop for shit.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2022

The TSIO guys would just say that all of our busts simply mean we need to recruit more highly touted guys to cover the busts. They would never simply admit that there were plenty of signs that Sirmon and Smalls were tremendously overrated. Questioning either was met with a smug attitude about their traits and why they were special.

I always thought they judged coaches based on closing or not closing their first offers, not necessarily whether kids were “highly touted.”
    That’s fair. That does prove whether a coach can close or not. They were/are all about highly touted guys and led the leveling up doog parade. They also thought their 5 min of Hudl watching was worth more than people actually going and seeing guys play.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

thechatch said:

Smalls is a JAG.

And if you’ve got a roster full of 3* you aren’t winning shit unless you have a generational innovator as the HC.

Chip still landed half a dozen 5* guys in his 4 years at Oregon and he otherwise stacked roster with 4s and maybe some high 3s here and there…even though he hates recruiting like @haie hates childhood memories of his uncle touching him.

Boner needs to hire some head hunters on the trail or this is gonna go from real bad to real worse very quickly.

I said the same thing with Lake, but winning helps a lot. If we score some fucking points and are laying hits and getting turnovers on defense, recruits will notice.

We had the worst offense in the PAC 12 and our D was charmin soft. If we win 8-10 games the next two years, everything will work out. The PAC 12 sucks too so it really shouldn’t be that hard.
    This is the most optimistic post that resonates with me that I've read in a long time.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

thechatch said:

Smalls is a JAG.

And if you’ve got a roster full of 3* you aren’t winning shit unless you have a generational innovator as the HC.

Chip still landed half a dozen 5* guys in his 4 years at Oregon and he otherwise stacked roster with 4s and maybe some high 3s here and there…even though he hates recruiting like @haie hates childhood memories of his uncle touching him.

Boner needs to hire some head hunters on the trail or this is gonna go from real bad to real worse very quickly.

I said the same thing with Lake, but winning helps a lot. If we score some fucking points and are laying hits and getting turnovers on defense, recruits will notice.

We had the worst offense in the PAC 12 and our D was charmin soft. If we win 8-10 games in each of the next two years, everything will work out. The PAC 12 sucks too so it really shouldn’t be that hard.
    FIXED THAT FOR YOU ROADIE