Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Vega Ioane, 2022 3* OL, Graham (Graham-Kapowsin), WA (respect his decision)

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,445
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Huff (and Jen) needs to go
  • Options
    chuck said:

It's the only thing Deboner has done so far that really leaves me scratching my head.

Was keeping Junior Adams any different than retaining Huff based on what we saw from the WR's the past couple years?

Or bringing along six assistants from Fresno State?

Or hiring a guy who hasn't coached on the West Coast in a decade to be the program's "in" with the Polynesian community?

DeBoer's track record indicates he's probably a pretty good coach, but I don't get the sense he has a good feel for what it takes to thread the needle to be truly successful at UW.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

It's the only thing Deboner has done so far that really leaves me scratching my head.

Was keeping Junior Adams any different than retaining Huff based on what we saw from the WR's the past couple years?

Or hiring a guy who hasn't coached on the West Coast in a decade to be the program's "in" with the Polynesian community?

DeBoer's track record indicates he's probably a pretty good coach, but I don't get the sense he has a good feel for what it takes to thread the needle to be truly successful at UW.

On the job training doesn't train itself

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

chuck said:

Sounds like we should LIPO
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Adams is gone. The new guy got what he wanted but wasn't offered. I'll give a passing grade on that.

Also no issues with his other hires. It's obvious the checkbook was never open as far as we were led to believe, so he opted for guys he knew he could work with.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022
    Let’s be honest, even if uw got the kid. He would still be a soft piece of shit under Huff. Dude can’t coach
  • Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 465
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

There is some noise out there suggesting Vega was planning on signing with UW up until his in-home meeting with DeBoer.

Thats....concerning

Yikes
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He won't be there more than 2 years.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

As pathetic as it sounds, we will get at least two of those guys when they transfer. They will probably transfer because they suck, but still.

Agbo and Nabou are gonna get recruited over by next year. Vega less so because Franklin isn't as ruthless as Sark and Jimbo.
  • Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022

As pathetic as it sounds, we will get at least two of those guys when they transfer. They will probably transfer because they suck, but still.

Agbo and Nabou are gonna get recruited over by next year. Vega less so because Franklin isn't as ruthless as Sark and Jimbo.
    What part of 5-7, 7-6, 7-6, 7-6, 8-4, 9-4, 3-2, 5-7, fired by USC and fired by the Falcons indicates Sark is ruthless?
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615

Just thought of it now: My policy as the coach would be in-state guys don't get to transfer back. Fuck 'em, let 'em go to Oregon State or Fresneck or join the other Ford at Idaho (St.?). You leave chasing clout, fuck off when you come crawling back. You aren't who I'd want, anyway.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

What part of 5-7, 7-6, 7-6, 7-6, 8-4, 9-4, 3-2, 5-7, fired by USC and fired by the Falcons indicates Sark is ruthless?
    Ruthlessly mediocre