Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hall of Sham

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Baseball is for losers

No Bonds No Clemons

Fuck off

Nothing wrong with enhancing performance

Comments

• Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Baseball Hall of Fame is an illegitimate joke until they change the voting process.

I’ve been to the HOF many times including two inductions. I am done until there are major changes.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,974
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

The Baseball Hall of Fame is an illegitimate joke until they change the voting process.

I’ve been to the HOF many times including two inductions. I am done until there are major changes.

I've been there once. It was enjoyable, but once is enough.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,486
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    75% of the league was juicing at the time Bonds and Clemens were playing. Probably a mostly level playing field, or maybe they just got the best stuff from Balco.

Bud Selig turned a blind eye and let players juice as the HR Wars that followed pulled the league out of the mess it created for itself as a result of the 1994 strike. This is the thank you those players get. Hell, they still can't get the Pete Rose thing right 40 years later. MLB writers are sanctimonious dipshit nerds.

Frankly, baseball was far more interesting when all the players were on steroids. 90's baseball was must watch every night for me. I haven't given a shit since the Mariners cheaped out on adding trade-line talent in 2001 and blew their shot at the World Series.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I've been there once. It was enjoyable, but once is enough.
    I have a ton of family in the area, so I end up in Cooperstown at least once a year. The last time I visited the HOF was 2019 when they had the Edgar Martinez exhibit.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,249
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I’ve been once, when we went to a wedding in Vermont, and my wife found that we were only an hour or so away. We went in early October, no crowds, and she let me take time to see it all…great trip
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Let's not forget about the amphetamines that were used in the 70s and 80s. For fuck sake, just let them all in. Pete Rose and Joe Jackson should also be included. When Scott Rolen is getting consideration, your system is fucked.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,249
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    When they banned greenies, Red Bull stock must have shot through the roof…
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There are more than enough guys in the HOF now who used substances that it still surprises me when anyone cares about the big names doing it. I mean, does anyone really think that Edgar was perfectly clean? When they first moved to Safeco I saw him stop and give a long, puzzled look when some of his good drives were caught on the warning track. I was watching a game a year or two later and he nearly hit one clear out of the facility to left field. He had his highest HR total that year.

I guess the truth is that they don't really care at all, but rather just don't like certain guys. Retarded that people who care that little about the history of the game, the importance of Rose passing Ty Cobb, McGuire and Sosa chasing 61 and then 70, and Bonds nearly hitting every single strike thrown to him into SF Bay for a season get to be the ones who decide. It's bizarre.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When it comes to substance abuse and baseball, my favorite story is that of Rube Waddell. I'm not a baseball fan (sorry, @Fishpo31), but it's definitely the sport with some of the best player stories. I don't know, maybe this is slightly off-topic, but this is a baseball thread, and I highly recommend this story of a guy who would definitely be posting here if he were born a shy century later:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0zI3Ed0kTQ

This guy was a contemporary of Cy Young but was a better pitcher. The fact that it's called the Cy Young award and you've (maybe) never heard of Rube Waddell should be a good enough hook to get you interested in listening.