Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Best Future NFL Player

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club

Too early to know for sure, but fuck me running if Sneaky Pete hasn't put some serious talent on this team, and if I heard correctly 66 of them are sophomores or younger? That's some twilight zone shit going on in here.
  • ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    King
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

If his knees hold up Ross, but Gaines or Vea will be best, though you left them off. Gaines is absolute beastmode

It really is abundance. There are ten pros in the two deeps rather easily and who knows what kind of talent is buried/will be developed behind them.

Best roster in a long ass time but best player development since DJ (ILTCHDJ).

DoogItUp.gif
    Qualls, Vea, Gaines, Victor, Bierria, Budda, Jones, King all make an NFL roster. That's 8 on defense alone not even counting the depth.

Offense is a little trickier, but I'd assume at least a few of Ross, Gaskin, Coleman, Browning, Adams, McGary, Eldrenkamp, Daniels, and Pettis will be in NFL camps and end up making a roster.

Could possibly look back on this team having 20+ NFL players when you factor in FR and SO.
  • picalogestabopicalogestabo Member Posts: 651
    The punter for Idaho will have a longer career then anyone on the list.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,086 Standard Supporter
    Gaines. Kid played well for being dinged up by those Zona criminals.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    Ross
    It's hard to gauge position groups that are aided by scheme, game plan, etc., but John Ross looks like a star in the making.

The separation he gets is ridiculous. He completely abuses everyone across from him and is for sure a first rounder.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club
    The Field
    Psalm and JoJo probably earned undrafted free agent contracts last Friday.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    King
    Doogles said:

It's hard to gauge position groups that are aided by scheme, game plan, etc., but John Ross looks like a star in the making.

The separation he gets is ridiculous. He completely abuses everyone across from him and is for sure a first rounder.

Agree with all this except that last line. I think he's more likely a mid round pick (think Tyler Lockett with more speed but less crisp routes), but baring injury he'll have a very good pro career.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    King
    Sledog said:

Gaines. Kid played well for being dinged up by those Zona criminals.

Shocking.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Ross
    Doogles said:

Desean Jackson type of difference maker.
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    The Field
    Virta

You're pole is also missing the guy who has received national recognition for outstanding defensive play this year already.
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,023 Swaye's Wigwam
    The Field
    JFC

Retards
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,023 Swaye's Wigwam
    The Field

I would vote Ross. Qualls 2nd.

Lol
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited January 2022
    Ross

I would vote Ross. Qualls 2nd.

Lol
    By the end of the year, I would have said Budda or Ross. I loved King too. Fuck, I loved a lot of these guys. Budda gave up the TD against Stanford (when I posted this) and had his worst play as a Husky in the game before against Arizona, so I wasn’t on the train yet.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,946
    Budda
    Budda and it's not close. Mark my words.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Haha, did you come to this conclusion after the first 2 pro-bowls or after 3 ?
  • GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956

@creepycoug the Seer, I always say.
    King

I'm going with Vea. He's fucking massive and he's only a sophomore.

This was a great call.
    King
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

If his knees hold up Ross, but Gaines or Vea will be best, though you left them off. Gaines is absolute beastmode

It really is abundance. There are ten pros in the two deeps rather easily and who knows what kind of talent is buried/will be developed behind them.

DoogItUp.gif
    Ross, Pettis, Gaines, Vea, Dissly, King, Jones, Budda, Gaskin, McGary, Rapp, and my guy Nick Harris have all had far more than a cup of coffee (which is what I would say Azeem, Bierria and Miller had - not sure Miller was even second string at that point though with Gardenhire and Joyner ahead of him). Basically all of them except Ross and Pettis have been three year starters at worst.

Definitely a strong list.

Am I missing anybody else from those two deeps? Murphy was redshirting. Was Sample the second team TE? I guess BBK was second team and has had more of a career than the two starting MLBs though still not a starter. Coleman and Browning were/are PS guys.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    Ross
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

DoogItUp.gif
    Ross, Pettis, Gaines, Vea, Dissly, King, Jones, Budda, Gaskin, McGary, Rapp, and my guy Nick Harris have all had far more than a cup of coffee (which is what I would say Azeem, Bierria and Miller had - not sure Miller was even second string at that point though with Gardenhire and Joyner ahead of him). Basically all of them except Ross and Pettis have been three year starters at worst.

Definitely a strong list.

Am I missing anybody else from those two deeps? Murphy was redshirting. Was Sample the second team TE? I guess BBK was second team and has had more of a career than the two starting MLBs though still not a starter. Coleman and Browning were/are PS guys.
    Zeke Turner has been on the Cardinals for 3 seasons, was hurt this year but is still signed and active. He was special teams MVP in 2016 and backup safety with pick in p12 championship.

Darrell Daniels as backup TE is still in the league and active