Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Best Future NFL Player

13»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    King
    Doogles said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

If his knees hold up Ross, but Gaines or Vea will be best, though you left them off. Gaines is absolute beastmode

It really is abundance. There are ten pros in the two deeps rather easily and who knows what kind of talent is buried/will be developed behind them.

Best roster in a long ass time but best player development since DJ (ILTCHDJ).

DoogItUp.gif
    Ross, Pettis, Gaines, Vea, Dissly, King, Jones, Budda, Gaskin, McGary, Rapp, and my guy Nick Harris have all had far more than a cup of coffee (which is what I would say Azeem, Bierria and Miller had - not sure Miller was even second string at that point though with Gardenhire and Joyner ahead of him). Basically all of them except Ross and Pettis have been three year starters at worst.

Definitely a strong list.

Am I missing anybody else from those two deeps? Murphy was redshirting. Was Sample the second team TE? I guess BBK was second team and has had more of a career than the two starting MLBs though still not a starter. Coleman and Browning were/are PS guys.
    Zeke Turner has been on the Cardinals for 3 seasons, was hurt this year but is still signed and active. He was special teams MVP in 2016 and backup safety with pick in p12 championship.

Darrell Daniels as backup TE is still in the league and active
    Good calls. The Cards have been good to that roster (and vice versa).
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,250 Swaye's Wigwam
    I know NFL success doesn’t necessarily equate college success but is it too doogish to say these teams should have been in the CFP 2016-18 and at least won the Pac-12 in 2019? Don’t think they could have ever won the whole thing but still.

Also, It may have simply been not having the right QB. Think if they had a Budda, Vita, Ross, Gaines, etc at QB
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam
    Budda

I know NFL success doesn’t necessarily equate college success but is it too doogish to say these teams should have been in the CFP 2016-18 and at least won the Pac-12 in 2019? Don’t think they could have ever won the whole thing but still.

Also, It may have simply been not having the right QB. Think if they had a Budda, Vita, Ross, Gaines, etc at QB

What is the right answer for $500, dead Alex?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Qualls
    Iº chose.... poorly.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,947
    Budda
    FireCohen said:

Budda and it's not close. Mark my words.

Haha, did you come to this conclusion after the first 2 pro-bowls or after 3 ?
    Before any. Read the post!
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Budda

Those teams were stacked.

The 2016 team was absolutely a national championship level team with a good QB and a bit of luck.

RB: Gaskin
    WR: Ross and Pettis
    TE: Darrell Daniels, Sample, Dissly
    OL: Adams, McGary, Harris, Shelton

DL: Gaines, Qualls, Vea
    LB: BBK, Azeem, Bierria
    DB: Budda, Rapp, McIntosh, Turner, Sidney Jones, Miller, Joyner, King (JFC)

There was legitimate NFL talent at almost every position...

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Ross
    Doogles said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

If his knees hold up Ross, but Gaines or Vea will be best, though you left them off. Gaines is absolute beastmode

It really is abundance. There are ten pros in the two deeps rather easily and who knows what kind of talent is buried/will be developed behind them.

Best roster in a long ass time but best player development since DJ (ILTCHDJ).

DoogItUp.gif
    Ross, Pettis, Gaines, Vea, Dissly, King, Jones, Budda, Gaskin, McGary, Rapp, and my guy Nick Harris have all had far more than a cup of coffee (which is what I would say Azeem, Bierria and Miller had - not sure Miller was even second string at that point though with Gardenhire and Joyner ahead of him). Basically all of them except Ross and Pettis have been three year starters at worst.

Definitely a strong list.

Am I missing anybody else from those two deeps? Murphy was redshirting. Was Sample the second team TE? I guess BBK was second team and has had more of a career than the two starting MLBs though still not a starter. Coleman and Browning were/are PS guys.
    Zeke Turner has been on the Cardinals for 3 seasons, was hurt this year but is still signed and active. He was special teams MVP in 2016 and backup safety with pick in p12 championship.

Darrell Daniels as backup TE is still in the league and active
    This. All 3 TE’s are still in the league and they split time. Dissly and Sample mostly played together. Adams was a future pro before getting hurt too.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Ross

Wrong QB, but it would be remiss to not mention our offensive scheme was subpar.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,947
    edited January 2022
    Budda

Doogles said:

It's hard to gauge position groups that are aided by scheme, game plan, etc., but John Ross looks like a star in the making.

The separation he gets is ridiculous. He completely abuses everyone across from him and is for sure a first rounder.

Desean Jackson type of difference maker.
    Boy that turned out to be an overstatement.