Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

So I tune into the softy show the other day

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited July 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
He poses the question about year 5? Sark? Yadd a yadda. Brings up all the doog talking points of course. So then he gets to the callers. The first 2 said we're gonna play in the Ross Bowl this year, then the next one talks about how they don't get the top guys and how mediocrity should be the expectation. Then the final callers said rebuilding a program takes 7 years minimum and people need to be patient.
I knew our fanbase was awful but not this wow

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

He poses the question about year 5? Sark? Yadd a yadda. Brings up all the doog talking points of course. So then he gets to the callers. The first 2 said we're gonna play in the Ross Bowl this year, then the next one talks about how they don't get the top guys and how mediocrity should be the expectation. Then the final callers said rebuilding a program takes 7 years minimum and people need to be patient.

Playing in the Ross Bowl is special.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dhdawg said:

Playing in the Ross Bowl is special.

Officially, is it the Ross Bowl, or the Ross Dress for Less Bowl?
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    dhdawg said:

Serves ya right for listening to Softy.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    You deserve 0-12 for listening to Softy just as much as he and all those other callers deserve 0-12.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I know our fans are fucktarded but I always suspected that KJR plants these callers.

They do a good job of screening them because on topics like that you rarely if ever get a caller who comes on and says "I think another 7-6 is unacceptable and Sark should have been canned after the Apple Cup".
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I know our fans are fucktarded but I always suspected that KJR plants these callers.

They do a good job of screening them because on topics like that you rarely if ever get a caller who comes on and says "I think another 7-6 is unacceptable and Sark should have been canned after the Apple Cup".

Of course. They're the flagship station. Jerk-offs like Baird long ago sold out.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2013
    dhdawg said:

Well, considering we have ONE decent interior DL (Shelton), we've whiffed on OL recruiting the past few years, and it usually takes a couple years before high school OLs are physically prepared for D-I football, that would put us in year 8 for Sark in terms of fielding decent offensive and defensive lines (assuming he starts recruiting AND developing players at those positions).

I argued with a friend back in Seattle yesterday who said, "One of the reasons I am optimistic about Sark is because he is a good recruiter."

My response: "Which positions does he recruit well?"

His answer: "All of them."

My victory statement: "Read this: hardcorehusky.com/news/an-analysis-of-washingtons-offensive-line "
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Passion said:

dhdawg said:

Well, considering we have ONE decent interior DL (Shelton), we've whiffed on OL recruiting the past few years, and it usually takes a couple years before high school OLs are physically prepared for D-I football, that would put us in year 8 for Sark in terms of fielding decent offensive and defensive lines (assuming he starts recruiting AND developing players at those positions).

I argued with a friend back in Seattle yesterday who said, "One of the reasons I am optimistic about Sark is because he is a good recruiter."

My victory statement: "Read this: hardcorehusky.com/news/an-analysis-of-washingtons-offensive-line "
    FREE PUB!!
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited August 2013
    <
    Passion said:

dhdawg said:

Now hold on, it could take longer, you have to take into account us being young in other positions in year 8. I'd say we have a window of years 8-10.