Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HuskyFanPodcast: Fall Camp Analysis

2»

Comments

• Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Just a couple of thoughts. No way Washington would be our biggest loss. That honor goes to Peters and it is not even close. The delta between Peters and the guys outside of Kelly on the depth chart is huge. While I do think DW is going to be really good, we could survive with guys like Coleman, Callier, etc.

People are not going to like this but replacing ASJ is going to be huge. Yes he was a lazy POS who really under achieved last year, but he was key in the running game. Last year I posted a video of Sankey's big runs and on almost every one ASJ took his guy out of the play. He was never a road grader, but he was very sticky on his blocks. Not sure we have seen that from any other guy on the depth chart. And it is usually the TE that seals the last guy on the edge for big runs. So even though he was a Dbag, he will be missed in the run game.

Darrell Daniels will be the breakout player on offense this year
    I would love to see this guy get chance at S or OLB. Dude knows how to lay the lumber.

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Good point @IrishDawg22‌. That is something I've mentioned before. ASJ's blocking was overlooked in terms of the run game performance. It's hard to quantify that loss right now but hopefully it isn't something massive.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

If we are going to start bashing twelves,

I'm IN like string.

Like string, if you see a 12 on frat row, make sure to knock 'em in their noodle to check if they bleed purple.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited August 2014

Just a couple of thoughts. No way Washington would be our biggest loss. That honor goes to Peters and it is not even close. The delta between Peters and the guys outside of Kelly on the depth chart is huge. While I do think DW is going to be really good, we could survive with guys like Coleman, Callier, etc.

People are not going to like this but replacing ASJ is going to be huge. Yes he was a lazy POS who really under achieved last year, but he was key in the running game. Last year I posted a video of Sankey's big runs and on almost every one ASJ took his guy out of the play. He was never a road grader, but he was very sticky on his blocks. Not sure we have seen that from any other guy on the depth chart. And it is usually the TE that seals the last guy on the edge for big runs. So even though he was a Dbag, he will be missed in the run game.

For all his faults ASJ did noticeably improve his run blocking last year.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Gladstone said:

For all his faults ASJ did noticeably improve his run blocking last year.
    He was built like an offensive guard, I'm glad he blocked like one.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Good stuff guys, but still needs some intro music to pump things up (recommend some Geto Boys)

I share a lot of the same concerns, but think people will be pleasantly surprised by QB/offense after 4 scrimmages, heading into the Stanford game

Secondary is a little scary as we move into the meat of the schedule, but hopefully the young-uns step up
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nice work, best show to date and more useful info in a half hour than Jude's written all year.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    section8 said:

Nice work, best show to date and more useful info in a half hour than Jude's written all year.

Agree
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,609
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Solid call on the Geto Boys.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Always moar

I met Bushwick at the grocery store one time. Pretty sure that cover is real and right after his girl shot him in the face.