Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

15 Former Huskies Prepare for NFL Playoffs, Most for Pac-12 Program

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    That is one thing Pete had right. Dude was sending kids to the league
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

To get paid real money. Not this chicken shit NIL money for the “exploited” kids kids.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

Too bad he couldn't win any meaningful games with them on the roster.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Enjoy this while we can. It might be the last happy Husky thing for a while. I think it's safe to say Pete's OKG system was flawed but much better than chasing star rankings.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    Swaye's Wigwam

Enjoy this while we can. It might be the last happy Husky thing for a while. I think it's safe to say Pete's OKG system was flawed but much better than chasing star rankings.

I trust Boner. I don't know why. I think they will crank out a bunch of NFL guys and win at a pretty good clip.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm more than 50% confident Deboner and co will do well. I still do have fears thought that the damage done by Lake and co did and UW's NIL struggles in modern cab will be too much to dig out to get more than above average at times like a lot of Pac-12 programs in recent history. For all the many faults of the Sark regime, they left the program in a solid place with a lot of talent.

I'm impressed with how guys who came out of the Petersen years have really maximized their NFL potential. You take even guys like Browning, who yes, are just on practice squads, but who have been able to gets as much out of their career as what was reasonably possible. Same goes for guys like Dwayne Washington, Myles Bryant, Josiah Bronson, Ezekiel Turner, Darrell Daniels, and Coleman Shelton and even Gaskin. Feels like Ross and Pettis are really the only guys who haven't at the very least fulfilled a minimum of what they should have been. Too bad the whole thing was racist.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yes sending players to the league is big but that only affects <10% of the players. Bama is winning because they have depth not just because the have NFL players.

When you can pull in high potential but not necessarily all NFL caliber recruits at the middle and bottom of your class that's when you get teams like '16. NIL still affects those players that don't have strong aspirations of getting drafted when they are 17.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

Like I said, one right thing. He recruited and developed NFL player. But his offense became to antiquated by the time he got to UW. For some reason he was unwilling to adjust, unlike Saban
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Yes sending players to the league is big but that only affects <10% of the players. Bama is winning because they have depth not just because the have NFL players.

When you can pull in high potential but not necessarily all NFL caliber recruits at the middle and bottom of your class that's when you get teams like '16. <i class="Italic">NIL still affects those players that don't have strong aspirations of getting drafted when they are 17.

Exactly how many high potential 17 year olds do you think exist who realize they aren’t getting drafted?
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 992
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

FireCohen said:

Putting 70 on Oregon in Eugene was meaningful to a lot of fans.

Also winning the Pac12 championship game twice.

Would have been nice to win a NY6 game but I'm not going to act like he won nothing meaningful.

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

When you can pull in high potential but not necessarily all NFL caliber recruits at the middle and bottom of your class that's when you get teams like '16. <i class="Italic">NIL still affects those players that don't have strong aspirations of getting drafted when they are 17.

Exactly how many high potential 17 year olds do you think exist who realize they aren’t getting drafted?
    The ones that can do basic math.

There's about 2700 recruits in every class for D1.
    There are only 224 players drafted each year.

Unless you are a top 100 player coming out of HS the odds are not great and to say that 17 year olds are just assuming they are making the league and have no interest in the schooling or NIL doesn't make sense