Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cfb is completely out of control right now

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Time to deal with it. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see most top players transfer at least once in their college career. What big time player doesn’t want to test the unrestricted free agent market that is the portal? See how much you can get and take it.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

They need to cap it at one transfer in your career without sitting. Second transfer you sit a year.

Also we are on a fast track to contracts and salary caps like the nfl

How do you put a cap on endorsement deals? Seems impossible but what do I know.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Players have always transferred

Generally only within a league did they have to sit out

Eason transferred to UW but had to sit out a year

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2022

I don't mind NIL or the portal

UW can either embrace it or whine about other teams kicking their ass

My issue with college ball is the playoffs but that isn't going away either

It’s over. Players transferring to rival schools is the capper. If someone doesn’t why that is a problem, then they don’t understand college football. And when people don’t understand college football, college football is dead.
    I don’t fully disagree but that will also make the rivalries even more heated.

There is some merit to the changes killing the game, but I also think it could end up being not a big deal.
    STFU. Rivalries are made on the field, and if you really insist with this bullshit, Kenny Wheaton's son going to OSU out of highschool made it more heated. Coach Pete, who never ever recruited a guy already committed somewhere, flipping Budda Baker to UW made it more heated(maybe this was the wrong class, doesn't matter, point stands, fuck you).

The entire point now is that nobody cares because it's so free wheeling. Noboby_fucking_cares, not the coaches, not the players. Oregon's new ST coach from Penn State said the Ducks were his dream job. Dude's born and raised in Washington. FYFMFE. You stupid fucking doogs laud a freedom bowl from 1990 and shit on the one from the year before. THAT'S A RIVALRY. UW is the only program in the pac-12 to block an in conference transfer in the last 5 years. Tims change.

edit: oh, didn't see who I was replying to. One of haie's semi literate personalities. Sorry everyone for the vomit.

If a backup DL from Oregon had transferred to UW in 1990, Springfield would have burned.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    it’s Wild West right now but within 5 years it will be reigned in somehow
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

They need to cap it at one transfer in your career without sitting. Second transfer you sit a year.

That…that is the rule already
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Time to deal with it. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see most top players transfer at least once in their college career. What big time player doesn’t want to test the unrestricted free agent market that is the portal? See how much you can get and take it.

And time to realize the things that set college football apart from anything else is gone.

They can fuck off. I'm sure I'll be missed.
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    ntxduck said:

That…that is the rule already
    Also should have added: need to sit a year if transfer within conference
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

It’s over. Players transferring to rival schools is the capper. If someone doesn’t why that is a problem, then they don’t understand college football. And when people don’t understand college football, college football is dead.

There is some merit to the changes killing the game, but I also think it could end up being not a big deal.

So either way it will be interesting?

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2022

And time to realize the things that set college football apart from anything else is gone.

They can fuck off. I'm sure I'll be missed.
    I agree with you.

The players have ruined every professional league except for the NFL (they are coming close)

The only reason it hasn’t caved completely is because they have enough money to fight.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Haha, pretty much. I’m pretty sure I’ll still enjoy college football.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    edited January 2022

Tequilla said:

Haha, pretty much. I’m pretty sure I’ll still enjoy college football.
    The game itself is fun but the insanity of it all and the fanbases are whats really fun. I just want all my sports to be WWE which college football is pretty damn close to. Entertainment >>>
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

it’s Wild West right now but within 5 years it will be reigned in somehow

Or it won't. Did you ever think of that???