Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Ohio State vs. Utah Rose Bowl Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,517
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

Have to admit I felt a little badly for Ute, even though the most obnoxious fan of another program in my great social circle is one of those housewives who likes to put on that she knows a lot about football and talks trash and is basically like krisvashon stupid. She's a Ute.

They fucking came to play and wanted it and I can respect that. And for the most part they played very well. They just had no answer for Stroud and Njigba, and OSU was bound to make a defensive play eventually. Like someone up the thread said, this is an example of stars. You have a team missing more than a handful of its key players and that's still thinking about the Michigan loss (see Stroud's post-game for evidence), you have Ute looking to cap a historic season for Ute, they're playing big, punch Buck in the mouth from the beginning, and still they lose.

It's one thing to just lose, but it's another to know you gave the other guy your best haymaker, and he got up and knocked you out.

Utah's best running back died a year ago. That kid was pretty unstoppable. Utah wins with Ty Jordan. So it goes both ways.
    And the dude that would have most Likely would have started at one corner was also dead.

In short. TOsu jv squad that didn’t want to be there is better than the pac12 champ. Utah was even pretty dominant down the stretch in conference. This conference sucks and the tOsu defensive coaching staff sucks really bad.
    tOSU is a terrible matchup for Utah in every scenario because they recruit to throwing the ball, and Utah gives up the intermediate pass on defense. They start a guy from UW (a secondary team) that ran him off. Imagine that guy now playing man.

Oregon had enough talent in the secondary to slow them down. They still got pretty lucky, start of the year.

70 yards rushing but 6-1 td/int tells you all you need to know about that.
    Oregon played bend but don’t break and got stops on 4th down (iirc osu had 3-4 drives into Oregon territory they went for it and didn’t get it); Utah didn’t. Oregon definitely benefited from playing stroud early on when he didn’t quite have his reads down yet. He was unstoppable yesterday
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    Swaye's Wigwam

Have to admit I felt a little badly for Ute, even though the most obnoxious fan of another program in my great social circle is one of those housewives who likes to put on that she knows a lot about football and talks trash and is basically like krisvashon stupid. She's a Ute.

They fucking came to play and wanted it and I can respect that. And for the most part they played very well. They just had no answer for Stroud and Njigba, and OSU was bound to make a defensive play eventually. Like someone up the thread said, this is an example of stars. You have a team missing more than a handful of its key players and that's still thinking about the Michigan loss (see Stroud's post-game for evidence), you have Ute looking to cap a historic season for Ute, they're playing big, punch Buck in the mouth from the beginning, and still they lose.

It's one thing to just lose, but it's another to know you gave the other guy your best haymaker, and he got up and knocked you out.

Utah's best running back died a year ago. That kid was pretty unstoppable. Utah wins with Ty Jordan. So it goes both ways.
    Lolz. Pressing. The problem wasn’t the running game.

Imagine the Rose Bowl game, and then imagine instead of Utah it was Oregon and everything else is the same. Now let’s go through the “ but but but” shit and tell me how that goes over with you.

Fuck it. I showed some compassion; I now take it back. Utah played over their heads and when it mattered Buck bent Ute over. And the expected outcome came to fruition as expected.

Fuck off Ute and your minions. The program is dead and has no future. Games like that are program killers. Go back to the shitty conference from whence you came.

Losing by 1 score in the RB to AN Ohio state team is not a program killer. Now back to drama club with you
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Imagine the Rose Bowl game, and then imagine instead of Utah it was Oregon and everything else is the same. Now let’s go through the “ but but but” shit and tell me how that goes over with you.

Fuck it. I showed some compassion; I now take it back. Utah played over their heads and when it mattered Buck bent Ute over. And the expected outcome came to fruition as expected.

Fuck off Ute and your minions. The program is dead and has no future. Games like that are program killers. Go back to the shitty conference from whence you came.

Losing by 1 score in the RB to AN Ohio state team is not a program killer. Now back to drama club with you
    😂

They scored -4 the first time, then skulled by Hebert or whoever the second time, then they benefited from a historically bad Pac this year, just to get to the rose.

They know they're aren't getting these kinds of opportunities every year and Whittingham is close to retiring.

They care. That much is true. They won't get walked all over in the South but this could be their only rose bowl ever.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Canadawg said:

😂

They scored -4 the first time, then skulled by Hebert or whoever the second time, then they benefited from a historically bad Pac this year, just to get to the rose.

They know they're aren't getting these kinds of opportunities every year and Whittingham is close to retiring.

They care. That much is true. They won't get walked all over in the South but this could be their only rose bowl ever.
    True, things lined up nicely and SC will be better but Utahs trajectory as a program is arguably the best in the nation over the past dozen years or so. Probably will hire from within with a non-Lake as well.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,454
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2022

This isn't directed at me, I agree with everything you say except for the last line. If you think that these kind of games are program killers for Utah you haven't been paying attention. 2018 conference championship game, same type of game as this Rose Bowl, laid the foundation to win the conference on the third try. Son, it's called the Utah way.

Not shocked we lost this RB. It stings because it was an opportunity to actually get one. We needed an uninterested, missing 4 NFL players type of OSU to steal one from them. OSU at full strength with something to play for would have blown us off the field.

Yes @MikeDamone that's US. Us, we, I enjoy being part of something. Put a little skin in the game and live life instead of watching it go by, leaving you bitter and empty.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Canadawg said:

Jesus Fucking Christ.
  • Options
    89ute said:

This isn't directed at me, I agree with everything you say except for the last line. If you think that these kind of games are program killers for Utah you haven't been paying attention. 2018 conference championship game, same type of game as this Rose Bowl, laid the foundation to win the conference on the third try. Son, it's called the Utah way.

Not shocked we lost this RB. It stings because it was an opportunity to actually get one. We needed an uninterested, missing 4 NFL players type of OSU to steal one from them. OSU at full strength with something to play for would have blown us off the field.

Yes @MikeDamone that's US. Us, we, I enjoy being part of something. Put a little skin in the game and live life instead of watching it go by, leaving you bitter and empty.
    It was not meant as a serious comment.
  • Options
    Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

😂

True, things lined up nicely and SC will be better but Utahs trajectory as a program is arguably the best in the nation over the past dozen years or so. Probably will hire from within with a non-Lake as well.

I realize that Ute beating Oregon twice made temporary fan boys out of some of the local doogery, but try and control yourself.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

89ute said:

We'll be back, fuck off.

The poaster who mentioned stars, I very much agree. However, I doubt any program in the nation has a 4 star on their four deep. We were out of corners when our #3 guy went down late in the championship game.

We had one of our RBs (Bernard) playing corner the entire game and still took a few RB reps. The kid learned the position in four weeks. Smith-Njigma 347 yards, nuff said about that.

So go fuck yourself with your 4 stars. There is no such thing as a 4 star on a 4 deep roster anywhere in the nation.

And double go fuck yourself because I still thought we would win. OSU did not want to be there and neither did their fans, we did.

We didn't win, they did fair and square even though we had an edge. We did not overcome the Bernard match up against Smith-Nigma.

Has nothing to do with times out, go for two or on sides kick.

It was a good game, they won. We go home and get better like we do every fucking year.

Ehh these are the kinds of games teams don't come back from. Lloyd is gone next year, Whittingham maybe has one more season left.

Barely missing out on winning the South and then a new staff and rebuild seems like the more likely outcome.
    Exactly. This was their shot. Lost a few pac 12 championship games, finally got there,then shit the bed. Wittingham is long in the tooth. This was the pinnacle. It’s a few season decline to 5-7. Simple fact.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

One thing we know is the current Oregon team can beat the current tOSU team.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

haie said:

89ute said:

We'll be back, fuck off.

The poaster who mentioned stars, I very much agree. However, I doubt any program in the nation has a 4 star on their four deep. We were out of corners when our #3 guy went down late in the championship game.

We had one of our RBs (Bernard) playing corner the entire game and still took a few RB reps. The kid learned the position in four weeks. Smith-Njigma 347 yards, nuff said about that.

So go fuck yourself with your 4 stars. There is no such thing as a 4 star on a 4 deep roster anywhere in the nation.

And double go fuck yourself because I still thought we would win. OSU did not want to be there and neither did their fans, we did.

We didn't win, they did fair and square even though we had an edge. We did not overcome the Bernard match up against Smith-Nigma.

It was a good game, they won. We go home and get better like we do every fucking year.

Ehh these are the kinds of games teams don't come back from. Lloyd is gone next year, Whittingham maybe has one more season left.

Barely missing out on winning the South and then a new staff and rebuild seems like the more likely outcome.
    Exactly. This was their shot. Lost a few pac 12 championship games, finally got there,then shit the bed. Wittingham is long in the tooth. This was the pinnacle. It’s a few season decline to 5-7. Simple fact.
    They’re likely the favorite to win the conference next year. It’s not doom and gloom unless you’re a huge pussy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

And the dude that would have most Likely would have started at one corner was also dead.

In short. TOsu jv squad that didn’t want to be there is better than the pac12 champ. Utah was even pretty dominant down the stretch in conference. This conference sucks and the tOsu defensive coaching staff sucks really bad.
    I mean, duh, tOSU has a better roster but keep in mind they lost at home to Oregon with all their wrs, who got blown out twice in a row by Utah. It’s a bunch of teams that are not that great.

TOSU played like who they are.
    Utah lost to BYU, SDSU, and OSU. Let that sink in.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2022
    89ute said:

@89ute JFC. Uoog defined. I’ve been to 6 rose bowls and I don’t even know how many other bowls games. Been to every pac 12 stadium multiple times (including rice-Eccles watching covey damn near end up in a wheel chair) and many other places. Note Dame, Nebraska, Oklahoma,Miami,LSU…etc

So go fuck yourself with your “put a little skin in the game and live life”. Each shit and a bag a dicks Johnny come lately.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2022

haie said:

89ute said:

We'll be back, fuck off.

They’re likely the favorite to win the conference next year. It’s not doom and gloom unless you’re a huge pussy.
    They will be on a slide. Being the favorite to win the pac 12 preseason next year is the tallest midget in the circus. Do they play San Diego state again? To think they are building to something bigger is idiotic fan speak
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

😂

I realize that Ute beating Oregon twice made temporary fan boys out of some of the local doogery, but try and control yourself.

Cold hard facts. That's called smooth sustained growth. You might be unfamiliar with that.
  • Options

I mean, duh, tOSU has a better roster but keep in mind they lost at home to Oregon with all their wrs, who got blown out twice in a row by Utah. It’s a bunch of teams that are not that great.

Their resume is 100% twice thunder fucking an Oregon team that was falling apart at the seems. Meat's head was already in South Beach, the players had likely found out about it and were like, fuck it then, and he and his staff refused to put a non-retard QB on the field.

If we're going to talk about dead running backs, we can play these games all day long. Let's see if Ute can defend the pass next season. If they can't, they're going to get Lincoln Riley'd in the ass; moreover, I predict both Oregon and Washington will be better teams next year.

They gave it their absolute best shot and lost to a team that was still thinking about Michigan for the first 1/2 and playing without several starters and contributors on both sides of the ball. And Buck shit away two TDs in the red zone and were marching before 1/2 time only to blow the clock.

For those of you newly minted Ute fans, again, I challenge you to pretend that was Oregon against Buck yesterday and proceed accordingly with your analysis.

Let the 2022 shit talk begin.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Their resume is 100% twice thunder fucking an Oregon team that was falling apart at the seems. Meat's head was already in South Beach, the players had likely found out about it and were like, fuck it then, and he and his staff refused to put a non-retard QB on the field.

If we're going to talk about dead running backs, we can play these games all day long. Let's see if Ute can defend the pass next season. If they can't, they're going to get Lincoln Riley'd in the ass; moreover, I predict both Oregon and Washington will be better teams next year.

They gave it their absolute best shot and lost to a team that was still thinking about Michigan for the first 1/2 and playing without several starters and contributors on both sides of the ball. And Buck shit away two TDs in the red zone and were marching before 1/2 time only to blow the clock.

For those of you newly minted Ute fans, again, I challenge you to pretend that was Oregon against Buck yesterday and proceed accordingly with your analysis.

Let the 2022 shit talk begin.
    So. They lost to Oregon fucking State
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can never remember what team creep is a fan of. Hard to understand the angle of this meltdown without that info
  • Options
    Canadawg said:

I can never remember what team creep is a fan of. Hard to understand the angle of this meltdown without that info

That's the difference between you and me. I call them like I see them. You call them like a doog. If Oregon had played that exactly game yesterday I could pretty much write your posts for you.

Fuck off you little weirdo.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

😂

Cold hard facts. That's called smooth sustained growth. You might be unfamiliar with that.
    So, if ...

8, 5, 5, 9, 10, 9, 7, 9, 11 and 10 win seasons in the Pac 12 with bowl victories in the Sun, two Vegas, a Foster Farms and a Heart of Dallas Bowl and losses in the Holiday, Alamo and Rose bowls translates to:

"Utahs trajectory as a program is arguably the best in the nation over the past dozen years or so"

for you, then please stay on your side of the stadium.

What it says to me, especially given the history of the division in which they play, is stable program with stable good but not great coaching. A HC who either doesn't have what it takes to play big OR is at a place where he's doing the most that can be done with what's there. Either way, "best trajectory in the nation" is not what comes to mind.

Maybe you got carried away with your drafting or English isn't your first language. Either way, your "cold hard facts" fell flat.

That's not a meltdown my struggling Canadian friend. That's me being me. Take or leave it. IDGAF.