Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ESPN Interview: Sark now Sounding like a Politician

2»

Comments

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Passion said:

He "couldn't be more proud of our staff..." Really? Including the defensive coaches that YOU HIRED and then fired for sinking us to the bottom of the national rankings? How about the coaches that can't recruit a decent class of offensive linemen?

I'm so sick about hearing "0-12." That team was not an 0-12 team. They underachieved because willingham deflated them. Jake Locker, Chris Polk, Jermaine Kearse, Devin Aguilar, Kavario Middleton (a good year Sark's first season), Senio Kelemete, Alameda Ta'Amu, Daniel Te'O Nesheim, Donald Butler, Mason Foster, Victor Aiyewa, Desmond Trufant, Nick Folk, and the safety I can't remember. That is NOT an 0-12 team. It's an underachieving team.

This was only funny the first 23 times...

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The comments don't bug me that much. A couple of them are just Doogish, but what bugs me are the lack of goals and the lack of accountability. He needs to say, "I was happy with this, but we need to do better. We need better offensive line play. We need better discipline and fewer dumb mistakes. We need to beat Oregon, win the North, and to make a Rose Bowl."

I seriously wonder if he has an idea of the expectations, of the 26 straight winning seasons. I know he remembers getting his ass kicked as the BYU quarterback in 96.

Did the kick ass presser not fill you with enough cum? Fuck...no one gives a fuck what he says but retards. It's been 4 fucking years and beyond time to produce.
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    I try to be a bit dignified most of the time, but this is too much.

Long story short, Cream Puff is a piece of shit.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I don't know what else we're suppose to expect from our head football coach-in-training as he struggles to find his learning curve. Like his four(4) predecessors at UW, Steve Sarkisian is obviously not Don James, who regardless of ticket sales or new stadium construction could with grace and stoic humor blow-off stupid questions from the media while staying honest to himself, his program, players, and fans rather that feed us spin and fluffy hyperbole like a politician. DJ's intellect seemed to occupy different ground when confronted by inane questions in a forum designed for horn blowing and that is why the Dawgfather was always(IMO) hated by the Seattle print, radio, and TV media....... and as we know, there can be little love lost there.

Successful football coaches are not always good copy for sound & sight traps such as ESPN largely because they don't have to be........ which often is a significant part of what makes them great. As we've seen for ions from the other side of the Cascades, unsuccessful coaches of loser programs usually must have the gift of gab and the ability to lie convincingly in order to keep their jobs long enough to build something. Regardless of the fluffy talk and hyperbole, usually known in political circles as propaganda, 2013 is the season for Sark to prove that he can become successful as we define football success at UW. I think many of us already know that he is not the coach we wanted for resurrecting Husky Football after 0-12. The only question remaining for me is whether or not Sark can ever become the coach we need and that can only be decided on the gridiron.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    By the way, remove Tricky Dick's upper torso with dual victory wings held high in the air from that photo and Sark begins to look like Gilby,........ younger and trimmer of course.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Tailgater said:

By the way, remove Tricky Dick's upper torso with dual victory wings held high in the air from that photo and Sark begins to look like Gilby,........ younger and trimmer of course.

Harv!!! True???

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Tailgater said:

No doubt, I thought the same thing! BTW, listening to that interview was just plain painful. Sark is in way over his head, and by the tone of his voice and his choice of words, it sure sounded like he knows it.