Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ESPN Interview: Sark now Sounding like a Politician

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited July 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageESPN Interview: Sark now Sounding like a Politician

Washington head coach Steve Sarkisian is sounding more and more like a politician these days. Long gone is the Sark who once said "I've never been congratulated so much for losing a game," after a loss to LSU in 2009. The Husky head man is now Doogin' it up .

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You act like Todd Turner never taught us that progress isn't measured on the scoreboard
  • Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

You act like Todd Turner never taught us that progress isn't measured on the scoreboard

Screw TT.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think fuck would have worked better there
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    If he's going to claim WSU and BSU as victories he needs to take a long look at the Stanford and Oregon State games where it took huge mistakes by our opponents for us to squeak out wins
  • Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

I think fuck would have worked better there

I didn't want to scare off any of the non-"regulars". . .

Fuck.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Not enough Tebow in this article IMHO.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Needed more scintillating soccer talk too.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I didn't see a lot of causation there either
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited July 2013

I didn't see a lot of causation there either

"Man we accomplished a lot with all the injuries causation we suffered. Sometimes the record doesn't show how much you accomplished but I was proud of what we did last year in the face of all that causation."
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013
    I don't really understand how we blew the Boise game. Is it because Coons missed a FG from 40+? That will sometimes happen to college kickers. Boise outplayed us for a good portion of that game, and had two less turnovers than we did.

Regarding the article, politician is a nice way to describe Sark. Bullshit over all your faults, highlight your few good qualities, and when that doesn't work use 0-12. LRR, this has been going on for awhile. The guy is a bullshit artist.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Obligatory 9=7 comment here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    It bugs me that Doogs are more upset with Oregon not getting penalties than they are at their head coach sounding just like Ty Willingham heading into the 2008 season.

Sark pulled out every excuse with 0-12, bragging up wins over good teams at home, then bringing up fake wins as well. Saying results don't matter(bet Turner shed a tear) either.

Yet I see no outraged over this besides here.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:
    Eastbound and Down

The greatest television show ever.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:
    Eastbound and Down

The greatest television show ever.

Disagree. It is a very good show, but not the greatest. Season 3 was not as strong as the first two.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The comments don't bug me that much. A couple of them are just Doogish, but what bugs me are the lack of goals and the lack of accountability. He needs to say, "I was happy with this, but we need to do better. We need better offensive line play. We need better discipline and fewer dumb mistakes. We need to beat Oregon, win the North, and to make a Rose Bowl."

I seriously wonder if he has an idea of the expectations, of the 26 straight winning seasons. I know he remembers getting his ass kicked as the BYU quarterback in 96.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

The comments don't bug me that much. A couple of them are just Doogish, but what bugs me are the lack of goals and the lack of accountability. He needs to say, "I was happy with this, but we need to do better. We need better offensive line play. We need better discipline and fewer dumb mistakes. We need to beat Oregon, win the North, and to make a Rose Bowl."

I seriously wonder if he has an idea of the expectations, of the 26 straight winning seasons. I know he remembers getting his ass kicked as the BYU quarterback in 96.

He knows the expectations. 7-6 or get the fuck out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Doogman had a thread about these comments and the tone was much different than ours.

You had "the quote was taken out of context, what he really meant was we had the talent to be 9-4 and was owning up to blowing those games".

Kim suggesting us negadawgs overreact to everything to fit our agenda.

Had some idiots in there comparing Sark to Saban at Michigan State when PeterNorthDawg said Sark is an average coach.

Saw some posts of "this year I hope we can win 8 games but next year we better win at least 10". So they are already changing the expectations.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Doogman had a thread about these comments and the tone was much different than ours.

You had "the quote was taken out of context, what he really meant was we had the talent to be 9-4 and was owning up to blowing those games".

Kim suggesting us negadawgs overreact to everything to fit our agenda.

Had some idiots in there comparing Sark to Saban at Michigan State when PeterNorthDawg said Sark is an average coach.

Saw some posts of "this year I hope we can win 8 games but next year we better win at least 10". So they are already changing the expectations.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

In closing, fuck Woodward.