Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Did UW dodge a bullet?

TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
Swaye's Wigwam
I’m trying to be impressed with Matt Campbell, but I can’t get there.

Comments

• Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TheHB said:

And I'm trying to comprehend the doogists' logic in celebrating a definitive moment of clarity that we dodged a bullet as if a meh performance in the fucking cheez-it Bowel is the north goddamn star or you simply needed 2 more quarters to properly finish your analysis.

I've said it before and I've meant it every time but the lunacy of the doog never ceases to amaze me.

Mixed bag though tonight. Celebration for the dodging of proverbial bullet meets the melancholy of learning that protocols are being decreased from 10 days to a still ridiculous 5. Such high levels of mental enslavement.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    In a matter of a month I completely soured on him
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

And I'm trying to comprehend the doogists' logic in celebrating a definitive moment of clarity that we dodged a bullet as if a meh performance in the fucking cheez-it Bowel is the north goddamn star or you simply needed 2 more quarters to properly finish your analysis.

I've said it before and I've meant it every time but the lunacy of the doog never ceases to amaze me.

Mixed bag though tonight. Celebration for the dodging of proverbial bullet meets the melancholy of learning that protocols are being decreased from 10 days to a still ridiculous 5. Such high levels of mental enslavement.
    I admit I haven’t watched every game in Campbell’s illustrious career, but I’ve watched several games this year and all I see is mediocrity. Tonight’s performance was just another brick in the wall.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

I admit I haven’t watched every game in Campbell’s illustrious career, but I’ve watched several games this year and all I see is mediocrity. Tonight’s performance was just another brick in the wall.
    I haven't either but I've also accepted that these games are worthless. Why would a couple quarters with who knows which teams have how many dudes sitting out, if they give a shit or not, while also knowing the blue bloods have a reasonable excuse for playing flat. You consider the season a failure since you're not in the cfp

Kind of like I can guarantee doogs are in rare form right now pretending as if Oregon getting plungered at halftime means fuckall. If the zeros win, it sets up well for the offseason natty, best summer ever, Janet Reno. And if they lose? It wasn't the new coaching staff, plus new staff installed crazy new Xs n Os that give schematic advantage. Plus coffee cups nfts hookers blow meth profit. Then toast to another top10 class while doogs blame biggins hating UW and underrating their croots. Then debate why our? #37 ranked croots should really be like 31 or 32 because..... fucking covid and shit. plus conditioning you for the new Epsilon++ Rewards Program starting around Thanksgiving to be rolled out by Quanza.

Tl;dr: #zeroesgetit #weareafatlezboschool
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

I haven't either but I've also accepted that these games are worthless. Why would a couple quarters with who knows which teams have how many dudes sitting out, if they give a shit or not, while also knowing the blue bloods have a reasonable excuse for playing flat. You consider the season a failure since you're not in the cfp

Kind of like I can guarantee doogs are in rare form right now pretending as if Oregon getting plungered at halftime means fuckall. If the zeros win, it sets up well for the offseason natty, best summer ever, Janet Reno. And if they lose? It wasn't the new coaching staff, plus new staff installed crazy new Xs n Os that give schematic advantage. Plus coffee cups nfts hookers blow meth profit. Then toast to another top10 class while doogs blame biggins hating UW and underrating their croots. Then debate why our? #37 ranked croots should really be like 31 or 32 because..... fucking covid and shit. plus conditioning you for the new Epsilon++ Rewards Program starting around Thanksgiving to be rolled out by Quanza.

Tl;dr: #zeroesgetit #weareafatlezboschool
    This is Exactly what the narrative was on Doogman for both Campbell (Kalen is now by far the better coach of the two) and the Duck game 2night.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,533
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Look Campbell not taking $7 mil a year to coach in Seattle cooled me on him more than anything. Does kind of remind me of Petersen staying in Boise but he was also winning 10+ a year there and knowing he could win a conference every year and sometimes get to a big time bowl, not going 7-6 in the Big 12.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    He's the one who made all you shit for brains forget ISU is historically one of the worst programs in the history of the sport(110th all time in winning %). He has 1 losing record in conference and overall in his entire career, his first at Iowa State. They've had winning records 5 straight years after going 3-9, 2-10, 3-9, 6-7, 6-7, 5-7 the previous six years before he got there, in Ames fucking Iowa. They hadn't had back to back winning seasons since 04/05. Meanwhile there are still retards who think Wilcocks would have been a solid hire, a loser in the middle of one of the single richest recruiting beds in the entire nation, but you? dodged a bullet with this guy? STFU.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,520
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Campbell is mediocre. I was one of few beating that drum during the coaching search. .500 coach with a team that returned all its starters, etc.

For those dismissing this game because it's meaningless and the players don't care, that doesn't absolve a coach from making shitty decisions during the game. And they wouldn't have been in a shitty bowl game if the guy was a big time coach.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Campbell is mediocre. I was one of few beating that drum during the coaching search. .500 coach with a team that returned all its starters, etc.

For those dismissing this game because it's meaningless and the players don't care, that doesn't absolve a coach from making shitty decisions during the game. And they wouldn't have been in a shitty bowl game if the guy was a big time coach.

And because COVID.

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I wanted Campbell too because it would have been a splashy hire but he was far from a sure thing. At this point he's CP lite. His teams play hard, defense is solid, and the offense is inconsistent and boring as fuck. If we hired him we would have gotten a ton of free pub but with DeBoer we're now an afterthought until we start winning again.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He wasn’t interested in UW and UW got MWC guy.

A Win/Win?