Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A complete failure

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,214
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I'm actually concerned that this IS the plan. Tim to collect their gains from covid and move "forward" with the next step.
    Roswell

JFK 1960 wins Illinois

JFK assassinated

Gulf of Tonkin

MLK assassinated

RFK assassinated

OSHA, EPA and the massive expansion of government under the conservative Nixon

Iran

Afghanistan

Iraq1

Iraq2

Covid

The 2020 election

Mandates

Can't wait for what's next
    I had never heard or read about the Gulf of Tonkin incidents before now. I really wish I had paid more attention in my HS history class when we studied the Vietnam war. Can you or somone who has a lot of knowledge about that war explain to me what our concerns were regarding communism taking over in Vietnam?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,256
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RoadTrip said:

I'm actually concerned that this IS the plan. Tim to collect their gains from covid and move "forward" with the next step.
    Roswell

JFK 1960 wins Illinois

JFK assassinated

Gulf of Tonkin

MLK assassinated

RFK assassinated

Iran

Afghanistan

Iraq1

Iraq2

Covid

The 2020 election

Mandates

I had never heard or read about the Gulf of Tonkin incidents before now. I really wish I had paid more attention in my HS history class when we studied the Vietnam war. Can you or somone who has a lot of knowledge about that war explain to me what our concerns were regarding communism taking over in Vietnam?
    The Domino Theory

If we were weak anywhere the Red Menace would strike

There was truth in that, see the Carter years, but it was used to justify everything

No one in charge really thought the US could win in Vietnam but they were afraid to lose so they played for a tie
  • Options
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Roswell

JFK 1960 wins Illinois

JFK assassinated

Gulf of Tonkin

MLK assassinated

RFK assassinated

Iran

Afghanistan

Iraq1

Iraq2

Covid

The 2020 election

Mandates

The Domino Theory

There was truth in that, see the Carter years, but it was used to justify everything

No one in charge really thought the US could win in Vietnam but they were afraid to lose so they played for a tie
    200,000 US soldiers, another 250k S. Vietnamese and 2,000,000 N. Vietnamese died for that tie.

After the war, was Vietnam still divided by the North and South? Communism is the state government there today correct?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021
    RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

Roswell

JFK 1960 wins Illinois

JFK assassinated

Gulf of Tonkin

MLK assassinated

RFK assassinated

Iran

Afghanistan

Iraq1

Iraq2

Covid

The 2020 election

Mandates

The Domino Theory

200,000 US soldiers, another 250k S. Vietnamese and 2,000,000 N. Vietnamese died for that tie.

After the war, was Vietnam still divided by the North and South? Communism is the state government there today correct?
    @roadtrip 200,000 US soldiers didn’t die. If you’re going to put up stats, at least be accurate.

Also, it wasn’t a tie. Korea was a tie. Vietnam was an L. Like Afghanistan was an L.

Race didn’t say it ended in a tie. He said the US played for a tie. But that didn’t work out.
  • Options
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

Roswell

JFK 1960 wins Illinois

JFK assassinated

Gulf of Tonkin

MLK assassinated

RFK assassinated

Iran

Afghanistan

Iraq1

Iraq2

Covid

The 2020 election

Mandates

The Domino Theory

200,000 US soldiers didn’t die. If you’re going to put up stats, at least be accurate.

Also, it wasn’t a tie. Korea was a tie. Vietnam was an L. Like Afghanistan was an L.

Race didn’t say it ended in a tie. He said the US played for a tie. But that didn’t work out.
    I had always thought it was 75K. It doesn't surprise me Google's first result Wikipedia is a lie. What is the real #? Also, you're correct in what Race wrote and your point about losing because we played for a tie. The reason I'm asking is my youngest son has been asking a lot of questions about that war and I don't have most of the answers.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2021
    58,220 U.S. troops were casualties in the undeclared Vietnam War, which encompassed North and South Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.

https://www.archives.gov/research/military/vietnam-war/casualty-statistics

An untold number died once they returned to civilian life (drug addiction, PTSD, some died from the effects of being exposed to Agent Orange).

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,879
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    RoadTrip said:

Roswell

JFK 1960 wins Illinois

JFK assassinated

Gulf of Tonkin

MLK assassinated

RFK assassinated

Iran

Afghanistan

Iraq1

Iraq2

Covid

The 2020 election

Mandates

Different times. Khrushchev said he would bury us and the American left believed him. There was a belief in real Americans which back then included most democrats that we could fight the commies over there or just let them take over the world and then either give up or fight them here. We stopped the chicoms from taking over South Korea by fighting a half assed war with pretend boundaries that we couldn't cross. Two things were different from Vietnam. The South Koreans didn't want to be North Koreans and were actually engaged in defending their country and there was no equivalent Viet Cong movement. The other was the election of Eisenhower in 1952. He scared the sh*t out of the chicoms and their feeling was that the war wasn't going to be half assed and they were scared of getting nuked. So, the war quickly ended with a truce and a divided Korea.

The US military establishment wanted to get into Vietnam and so we did. I'm not sure if Kennedy would have put up with a major US presence in Vietnam with more half assed warfare. But his successor Johnson and his advisors for some reason thought that a half million US soldiers in Vietnam and a half assed war would bring the North to the bargaining table for a real truce. That never happened because the commies felt that the US would never seriously try to win the war and played the long game. The hard American left wanted the commies to win and at best the South Vietnamese were ambivalent about defending themselves (like the Afghans against the Taliban). Eventually the American public decided that if we didn't want to win the war, they wanted out. Same with our half assed war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

By 1980, Reagan realized that the Soviet Union was basically a house of cards and with some strong American confidence in freedom, liberty and capitalism that we could break them. And we did. The Red Scare that prevailed in the 1950s and 1960s was replaced with a view that communism belonged in the trash heap of history. The fifth column is now back in the US and we are as weak as we were under Carter with the same fear of the direction of history.
  • Options
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Roswell

JFK 1960 wins Illinois

JFK assassinated

Gulf of Tonkin

MLK assassinated

RFK assassinated

Iran

Afghanistan

Iraq1

Iraq2

Covid

The 2020 election

Mandates

Different times. Khrushchev said he would bury us and the American left believed him. There was a belief in real Americans which back then included most democrats that we could fight the commies over there or just let them take over the world and then either give up or fight them here. We stopped the chicoms from taking over South Korea by fighting a half assed war with pretend boundaries that we couldn't cross. Two things were different from Vietnam. The South Koreans didn't want to be North Koreans and were actually engaged in defending their country and there was no equivalent Viet Cong movement. The other was the election of Eisenhower in 1952. He scared the sh*t out of the chicoms and their feeling was that the war wasn't going to be half assed and they were scared of getting nuked. So, the war quickly ended with a truce and a divided Korea.

The US military establishment wanted to get into Vietnam and so we did. I'm not sure if Kennedy would have put up with a major US presence in Vietnam with more half assed warfare. But his successor Johnson and his advisors for some reason thought that a half million US soldiers in Vietnam and a half assed war would bring the North to the bargaining table for a real truce. That never happened because the commies felt that the US would never seriously try to win the war and played the long game. The hard American left wanted the commies to win and at best the South Vietnamese were ambivalent about defending themselves (like the Afghans against the Taliban). Eventually the American public decided that if we didn't want to win the war, they wanted out. Same with our half assed war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

By 1980, Reagan realized that the Soviet Union was basically a house of cards and with some strong American confidence in freedom, liberty and capitalism that we could break them. And we did. The Red Scare that prevailed in the 1950s and 1960s was replaced with a view that communism belonged in the trash heap of history. The fifth column is now back in the US and we are as weak as we were under Carter with the same fear of the direction of history.
    Thank you
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

Roswell

JFK 1960 wins Illinois

JFK assassinated

Gulf of Tonkin

MLK assassinated

RFK assassinated

Iran

Afghanistan

Iraq1

Iraq2

Covid

The 2020 election

Mandates

The Domino Theory

200,000 US soldiers didn’t die. If you’re going to put up stats, at least be accurate.

I had always thought it was 75K. It doesn't surprise me Google's first result Wikipedia is a lie. What is the real #? Also, you're correct in what Race wrote and your point about losing because we played for a tie. The reason I'm asking is my youngest son has been asking a lot of questions about that war and I don't have most of the answers.
    Without looking it up i think it’s just shy of 50,000. 200,000 sounds like the number of causalities.

Start by telling your son it was a absolute fuck up and if we learned anything is that the government is corrupt and will use whatever is at their disposal to enrich themselves and their friends. Even kills thousands of Americans and hundreds of thousands of foreigners. Then give him an assignment to compare and contrast the Vietnam war and the COVID pandemic.

If anyone wonders how some of were right about covid in March of 2020, it’s because we remember Vietnam and everything since. The pattern was not going to divert. It never does.
  • Options
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

Roswell

JFK 1960 wins Illinois

JFK assassinated

Gulf of Tonkin

MLK assassinated

RFK assassinated

Iran

Afghanistan

Iraq1

Iraq2

Covid

The 2020 election

Mandates

The Domino Theory

Without looking it up i think it’s just shy of 50,000. 200,000 sounds like the number of causalities.

Start by telling your son it was a absolute fuck up and if we learned anything is that the government is corrupt and will use whatever is at their disposal to enrich themselves and their friends. Even kills thousands of Americans and hundreds of thousands of foreigners. Then give him an assignment to compare and contrast the Vietnam war and the COVID pandemic.

If anyone wonders how some of were right about covid in March of 2020, it’s because we remember Vietnam and everything since. The pattern was not going to divert. It never does.
    Love the assignment and he's the kind of kid who will be interested.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,810
    RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

Roswell

JFK 1960 wins Illinois

JFK assassinated

Gulf of Tonkin

MLK assassinated

RFK assassinated

Iran

Afghanistan

Iraq1

Iraq2

Covid

The 2020 election

Mandates

The Domino Theory

Vietnam is more capitalistic than the United States.

And the Vietnamese love the US more than the leftist fucks in this den of iniquity.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

Roswell

JFK 1960 wins Illinois

JFK assassinated

Gulf of Tonkin

MLK assassinated

RFK assassinated

Iran

Afghanistan

Iraq1

Iraq2

Covid

The 2020 election

Mandates

The Domino Theory

And the Vietnamese love the US more than the leftist fucks in this den of iniquity.

Like any nation that tries to bring about TKS’ communist utopia, they just can’t seem to get the right guys in there and will end up either in perpetual misery and brutal dictatorship, or embrace some version capitalism. The question is how many will have to die implementing TKS’s vision before they pull their heads of out their asses and understand human nature.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,879
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

Roswell

JFK 1960 wins Illinois

JFK assassinated

Gulf of Tonkin

MLK assassinated

RFK assassinated

Iran

Afghanistan

Iraq1

Iraq2

Covid

The 2020 election

Mandates

The Domino Theory

Like any nation that tries to bring about TKS’ communist utopia, they just can’t seem to get the right guys in there and will end up either in perpetual misery and brutal dictatorship, or embrace some version capitalism. The question is how many will have to die implementing TKS’s vision before they pull their heads of out their asses and understand human nature.
    Well, Bill Ayers actual domestic terrorist who was trying to overthrow the US government was a mentor to barry and wrote barry's autobiography thought that 25 million dead Americans would be the over/under.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

Roswell

JFK 1960 wins Illinois

JFK assassinated

Gulf of Tonkin

MLK assassinated

RFK assassinated

Iran

Afghanistan

Iraq1

Iraq2

Covid

The 2020 election

Mandates

The Domino Theory

That's because they didn't try to do Communism the "right" way.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

RoadTrip said:

Roswell

JFK 1960 wins Illinois

JFK assassinated

Gulf of Tonkin

MLK assassinated

RFK assassinated

Iran

Afghanistan

Iraq1

Iraq2

Covid

The 2020 election

Mandates

The Domino Theory

Didn’t learn any lessons from the French.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,539
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    the only one missing between JFK election and assassination is the Bay of Pigs and Coober - which led to the assassination*

*one of many conspiracy theories on that subject
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,758
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021
    pawz said:

46XiJCAB said:

Did not the inventor of the PCR say it was not reliable for Covid testing?

Not sure. For sure though, that particular Nobel Laureate said Anthony Fauci doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Found it. Said Nobel Laureate and inventor of the PCR test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPJnBSh_gXQ