Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon got better today. A lot better.

13»

Comments

• Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I would bet that the oregon 247 board is full of morons like the dawgpound. Every comment has to be positive and they talk stupid shit about how great everything is going to be. All based on absolutely fucking nothing. I would rather hang with you assholes. At least you keep it real.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

dOgmaster said:

Dont know what that original poster is drinking but Lanning has no HC experience, and both of our schools have seen how that can go to shit. Such a crapshoot. The OC is questionable. And they hired Tosh as the DC. Could be great, but I am not happy about it today. I feel like we went from the poster board fabled ‘bama west to Georgia St. west. We suck until we don’t!

It will be interesting. Recruiting should be no problem. This staff would be an absolute abortion in the SEC or Big 10 where coaching matters but may work in the Charmin soft pac 12. Tosh has been a DC one other time and had his playcalling duties taken away. The OC from FSU apparently didn't call plays either. Klemm, when he was at UCLA, may have been the worst o line coach in the country. Martin has bounced from team to team in the pac 12 and hasn't really had much prolonged success anywhere. I know nothing about the guy from Baylor and it doesn't seem anyone else does either. If they get Junior Adams, it's another guy who hasn't been very successful as a coach.

On the duck 247 bored, everyone is celebrating Lanning hiring the coaching dream team, and it might turn out to be that, but I wouldn't crown they ass just yet
    They’re all crap until proven otherwise. Just like DeB’s MWC staff.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Can you give us 5 reasons why they got better?

I could give you infinite reasons they got much better... w6qtdqqqtqq
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

dOgmaster said:

Dont know what that original poster is drinking but Lanning has no HC experience, and both of our schools have seen how that can go to shit. Such a crapshoot. The OC is questionable. And they hired Tosh as the DC. Could be great, but I am not happy about it today. I feel like we went from the poster board fabled ‘bama west to Georgia St. west. We suck until we don’t!

It will be interesting. Recruiting should be no problem. This staff would be an absolute abortion in the SEC or Big 10 where coaching matters but may work in the Charmin soft pac 12. Tosh has been a DC one other time and had his playcalling duties taken away. The OC from FSU apparently didn't call plays either. Klemm, when he was at UCLA, may have been the worst o line coach in the country. Martin has bounced from team to team in the pac 12 and hasn't really had much prolonged success anywhere. I know nothing about the guy from Baylor and it doesn't seem anyone else does either. If they get Junior Adams, it's another guy who hasn't been very successful as a coach.

On the duck 247 bored, everyone is celebrating Lanning hiring the coaching dream team, and it might turn out to be that, but I wouldn't crown they ass just yet
    Oregon is taking on the feel of a Sark staff...just kind of thrown together with a big nod to recruiting over on field performamce. Klemm for sure and Martin (debatable at best) are already crap. Tosh is a meh DL coach and has fuckall on his resume as a DC. The reality of his recruiting at UW never came close to matching his hype. After Shaq he was no better than Malloe or Choate. He'll probably do better at UO though.

I'd prefer UO not take Adams right now as he's one of the only proven recruiters at UW, but his overall grade is a a C or incomplete at best. He's easily replaceable. It's a head scratcher to me that Lanning would be interested.

I'm not shit talking, at least not intentionally but when I try to imagine myself as a quook right now I can't see myself being impressed by Lanning's offseason natty run so far.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021
    I love any thread related to the Sark post Kim wrote. It’s such a good reminder how much of a fraudulent dick suck Kim is.
  • Options
    chuck said:

46XiJCAB said:

dOgmaster said:

Oregon is taking on the feel of a Sark staff...just kind of thrown together with a big nod to recruiting over on field performamce. Klemm for sure and Martin (debatable at best) are already crap. Tosh is a meh DL coach and has fuckall on his resume as a DC. The reality of his recruiting at UW never came close to matching his hype. After Shaq he was no better than Malloe or Choate. He'll probably do better at UO though.

I'd prefer UO not take Adams right now as he's one of the only proven recruiters at UW, but his overall grade is a a C or incomplete at best. He's easily replaceable. It's a head scratcher to me that Lanning would be interested.

I'm not shit talking, at least not intentionally but when I try to imagine myself as a quook right now I can't see myself being impressed by Lanning's offseason natty run so far.
    Solid analysis Chuck!
  • Options
    Meat and staff were great at recruiting, but not sure about player development and a pretty bad game day coach. He talked a lot if shit about toughness, but I never saw that show up on games. So if this patchwork staff of nobody’s can recruit at a similar level and do one of the other two things at a reasonable level it would be an improvement. Thats a big IF.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

46XiJCAB said:

dOgmaster said:

It’s not surprising that being able to recruit is priority one for a guy coming from the Smart>Saban school of recruiting. I’ve seen enough bad coaching the last 3 years.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I do love the idea of the following exchange happening:

Klemm: Hey coach, just wanted to let you know that after the season, I'm gonna be taking a job as a college line coach.

Tomlin: Why wait til the end of the season, Adrian?
  • Options
    JesseisabeastJesseisabeast Member Posts: 60
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I’m a fucking duck fan and I’ve seen several people refer to these hires as “grand slams” and every time I throw up in my mouth a little…..
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m a fucking duck fan and I’ve seen several people refer to these hires as “grand slams” and every time I throw up in my mouth a little…..

47 posts since 2014? You should PM Chillydawg, 46XiJCAB, trublue or djduck and figure out a plan to up your volume.

And then leave!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Can you give us 5 reasons why they got better?

I could give you infinite reasons they got much better... w6qtdqqqtqq

Top 5 of all gifs