Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Complaint Mob Justice...

13»

Comments

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,047
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

eh, pretending that there were a bunch of sub forums worth visiting that are now no longer is more than a bit disingenuous.

Pretending? I used to go to the basketball forum all the time. The basketball progrum is taking a nosedive that would make Ty blush, so you'd think it would be a hive of halfbrain activity. It's a hive of somethin' alright...

Same happened for me with the Quook board. Used to be a bunch of cool negaquooks talking shit and not taking it seriously. Then fucking @DJDuck and then @trublue moved in, decided Stalin's hosting ScoopDuck 2.0 just for them, and fucking wrecked the place. I have to be REALLY bored to visit there now.
    You're reinventing history. Suggesting that the basketball bored is dead because of his spam is asinine. You don't have to like it/him, but stop lying.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    USMChawk said:

Storytime with Stalin.

There's a good and sincere guy who starts showing up at a bar on Tuesday nights for Karaoke. He sings a bunch of songs and people like it. He brings down the house each time he sings Bow Down to Washington slightly out of key.

But then the guy starts showing up to the bar every night and hogging the karaoke machine, singing for 6-7 hours every evening.

Regulars start complaining to the owner that if they hear Don't Stop Believin' one more time they're going to shoot themselves in the head.

This is the situation in a nutshell.

How to promote freedom of speech while keeping the regular bar patrons happy?

I guess I'll point to myself as a good example. I post links every day. If the board are on fire with activity, I'll just post a couple of links and then stay out of the way, while commenting in active threads and having fun.

If it's a slow news day, I'll post 8-10 links on various boards, mostly UW football but also music, movies, finances and a self-indulgent Korean prank video to boot. This helps keep things moving and interesting. If I was bombarding the boards with 30 links a day, I don't think Hardcore Husky would still be in existence after nine years.

Those are my thoughts on the matter.

I completely understand and respect what you are implying up to a point.

I am not taking away anyone else's freedom of speech but instead am having limitations placed on my own freedom of speech in this instance as if I was posting on Dawgman which from my understanding this site is suppose to be the anti-Dawgman site.

My posts don't infringe on anyone else's right to post on this site nor am I trying to hog the site by posting in various sub forums. All of my threads contain relevant particulars to whichever sub forum I am posting in. I am not posting BS threads. More than just brining my opinion I am trying to bring relevant up to date content to this site.

For example, hardly anyone posts in the basketball forum since KobeStopper ceased to post in that forum. So I tried to fill a void yet some people tend to pop up in there complaining in my threads and/or making threads about me not basketball. Which I don't complain about because that is seemingly their right and is allowed on this site.

What I have learned in life is that some people are going to complain just to complain no matter what especially when they have an agreed upon agenda behind that complaining.

You have created something special that allows for diverse opinions, expressions and goes against the usually Husky forum boards grain.

I enjoy posting on this site and enjoy bringing content to this site as it is a very unique site in the world of Husky forum boards. I hope to continue to enjoy the experience of posting on this wonderful site.
    You sound like a drippy cunt.
    Chinned for the gif alone
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Mad_Son said:

Did it ever occur to you that it might not be everyone else who is wrong?

No one has time or interest to read/watch six pieces of content on any obscure topic. No one cares what a bunch of idiots have put on the internet. The results need to be curated to add value - not just be everything available. We all know how to use Google here.

Most of the stuff you post just clogs up threads and the boards.

With varying degrees of success, I try to convey to my children and people who are in my reporting line the importance of starting every thought process with that sentence.
  • Options
    ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    USMChawk said:

Storytime with Stalin.

There's a good and sincere guy who starts showing up at a bar on Tuesday nights for Karaoke. He sings a bunch of songs and people like it. He brings down the house each time he sings Bow Down to Washington slightly out of key.

But then the guy starts showing up to the bar every night and hogging the karaoke machine, singing for 6-7 hours every evening.

Regulars start complaining to the owner that if they hear Don't Stop Believin' one more time they're going to shoot themselves in the head.

I guess I'll point to myself as a good example. I post links every day. If the board are on fire with activity, I'll just post a couple of links and then stay out of the way, while commenting in active threads and having fun.

If it's a slow news day, I'll post 8-10 links on various boards, mostly UW football but also music, movies, finances and a self-indulgent Korean prank video to boot. This helps keep things moving and interesting. If I was bombarding the boards with 30 links a day, I don't think Hardcore Husky would still be in existence after nine years.

I am not taking away anyone else's freedom of speech but instead am having limitations placed on my own freedom of speech in this instance as if I was posting on Dawgman which from my understanding this site is suppose to be the anti-Dawgman site.

My posts don't infringe on anyone else's right to post on this site nor am I trying to hog the site by posting in various sub forums. All of my threads contain relevant particulars to whichever sub forum I am posting in. I am not posting BS threads. More than just brining my opinion I am trying to bring relevant up to date content to this site.

For example, hardly anyone posts in the basketball forum since KobeStopper ceased to post in that forum. So I tried to fill a void yet some people tend to pop up in there complaining in my threads and/or making threads about me not basketball. Which I don't complain about because that is seemingly their right and is allowed on this site.

What I have learned in life is that some people are going to complain just to complain no matter what especially when they have an agreed upon agenda behind that complaining.

You have created something special that allows for diverse opinions, expressions and goes against the usually Husky forum boards grain.

I enjoy posting on this site and enjoy bringing content to this site as it is a very unique site in the world of Husky forum boards. I hope to continue to enjoy the experience of posting on this wonderful site.
    So you fit right in?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Mad_Son said:

No one has time or interest to read/watch six pieces of content on any obscure topic. No one cares what a bunch of idiots have put on the internet. The results need to be curated to add value - not just be everything available. We all know how to use Google here.

With varying degrees of success, I try to convey to my children and people who are in my reporting line the importance of starting every thought process with that sentence.
    The irony is that one person is missing.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "But remember we are all for the most part UW Husky fans, supporters, alumni and the like of UW football/athletics."

some of us are none of those things
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Storytime with Stalin.

Kill yourself.

No, don't. I'm just kidding.

But for some reason that felt appropriate for a split second.

This place is in my bones sometimes.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dtd said:

Mad_Son said:

The irony is that one person is missing.
    Hardly. Falling on my sword is one of the few things I'm actually good at.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,308
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

USMChawk said:

Storytime with Stalin.

So you fit right in?
    Isn't fitting into a drippy cunt a good thing? Were you complimenting him? I'm so confused.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Many of you came to this site complaining about censorship at Dawgman and on other Husky forum boards yet when I post some people tend to insistently complain about me and my post in the same type of censorship manner- why is that? I have people in threads telling me how to post and that I am only allowed one post on the main board- if that. All I am trying to do is bring relevant content to this forum board for any interested people. I take all the snide-bitter remarks, GIFs and the like in stride as that is the personality of this forum- no censorship. But when I may reply in kind to some of the snide-bitter posts/GIFS with my own similar response those that called me out tend to get all butt hurt. It seems to me that there is a concerted effort to try and get me banned from the board. If that is the case I will not post in the Hardcore Husky Board forum anymore as an extended olive branch. I am not here to cause waves just express myself like other posters do while bringing relevant information to each sub forum that I post in. But remember we are all for the most part UW Husky fans, supporters, alumni and the like of UW football/athletics. If I may seemingly get a little overzealous in my posting that is where it is coming from- being a DAWG4LIFE! There is no malicious intent in my posting it all manifests from DAWGLOVE!

Have a Merry X-Mas and a Happy New Year...and learn to laugh at yourself sometimes.

is this for real?