Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

3 years ago today

HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,350 Swaye's Wigwam
Received my Rose Bowl tickets

Geezus…..helluva job Jimmy

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    Whittingham didn't give up after scoring -4 against us.

Our guy threw a fit and quit because he didn't want to fire Apple Cup legend Bob Gregory.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,453 Swaye's Wigwam

Still have it up in my childhood bedroom. Man fuck this shit. Deboer better take us back by year 2. Too much talent on the roster if he can keep it and replace portal outs with equal or better portal ins.

Maybe he'll even win the Rose Bowl. Hell, maybe he'll just appreciate being there.
    Fuck man it was easily a top 10 experience of my life in a loss. I need to go back. S/O to my guy @UW_Doog_Bot
    The parts I remember were really good but I was basically blacked out for the first half plungering so there's that.

Would go back 10/10.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,768 Founders Club
    edited December 2021

I went to the 93 Rose Bowl because the probation writing was on the wall and wanted to enjoy one more for a while

Went to the 2001 Rose Bowl and thought there would be plenty more

Went to the 2018 Rose Bowl and left with a burning hatred of the entire Petermen program that was about to crater to 8-5 then give us Jimmy and now the MWC all star coaching staff

Good times were had by all

91, 92, 93, & 2001 for me. Thought about making the trip to 2019, but very glad I didn't.

93 RB sucked with Tyrone Wheatley prison-raping our? defense which had dropped off significantly with the departure of Emptermann & co.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,155
    edited December 2021

Still have it up in my childhood bedroom. Man fuck this shit. Deboer better take us back by year 2. Too much talent on the roster if he can keep it and replace portal outs with equal or better portal ins.

Maybe he'll even win the Rose Bowl. Hell, maybe he'll just appreciate being there.
    Fuck man it was easily a top 10 experience of my life in a loss. I need to go back. S/O to my guy @UW_Doog_Bot
    The parts I remember were really good but I was basically blacked out for the first half plungering so there's that.

Would go back 10/10.
    #MeToo. 1982. Hit the parade route the nite before in the rain. Never slept until after kick off.

At least we ? won.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,104 Swaye's Wigwam
    3 years ago today I also got my Rose Bowl tickets.

4 years ago today I received my Fiesta Bowl tickets.

I was on a nice undefeated bowl trip streak until Peterman fucked it up.
    82 Rose, 89 Freedom (LOL Emmitt,) 91 and 92 Rose. (Skipped 93. Hell, we go every year, I can take one off) 01 Rose. Then big wait until 18 Fiesta and 19 Rose. Screw you Pete.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,697 Founders Club

I went to the 93 Rose Bowl because the probation writing was on the wall and wanted to enjoy one more for a while

Went to the 2001 Rose Bowl and thought there would be plenty more

Went to the 2018 Rose Bowl and left with a burning hatred of the entire Petermen program that was about to crater to 8-5 then give us Jimmy and now the MWC all star coaching staff

Good times were had by all

91, 92, 93, & 2001 for me. Thought about making the trip to 2019, but very glad I didn't.

93 RB sucked with Tyrone Wheatley prison-raping our? defense which had dropped off significantly with the departure of Emptermann & co.
    80,81,92 93,01 18 and the Orange Bowl

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,845

Would go back 10/10.
    My experience as well.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,551 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

Received my Rose Bowl tickets

Geezus…..helluva job Jimmy Jen

• TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 827 Founders Club
    edited December 2021
    LawDawg1 said:

1.) Don James
    2.) Jim Owens
    3.) Gil Dobie
    4.) Slick Rick

IDGAF, downvote me into hell. You're just mad because it's true.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,788
    TXDawg said:

LawDawg1 said:

1.) Don James
    2.) Jim Owens
    3.) Gil Dobie
    4.) Slick Rick

IDGAF, downvote me into hell. You're just mad because it's true.
    I was showing side by side pics of a coach that cared about the Rose Bowl vs one that didn’t vs the guy in the back snickering because he knew he was in way over his head, got paid, and would never sniff the Rose Bowl.