Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,049 Standard Supporter
    Cool I guess. Jimmy gets another notch in his belt.
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,355
    Verone McKinley and Kayvon Thib named 1st team AP All American. Seems like a reach to me.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    A lot of fucking good that did this year.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,539 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2021

Verone McKinley and Kayvon Thib named 1st team AP All American. Seems like a reach to me.

You're a stupid fucking doog who doesn't know shit about shit, but yeah...interceptions are overrated. McKinley had 2 more than any other player in the country, so that's that.

edit: said without being facetious.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,792
    edited December 2021
    ReignMan said:

What a waste of talent, they played defense like they had walk ons at the corners.

Except the cougs wrecked the secondary
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,539 Standard Supporter
    ReignMan said:

What a waste of talent, they played defense like they had walk ons at the corners.

UW's defense was still good. Your? down year is 80th percentile for Oregon.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,418 Swaye's Wigwam
    Did anyone else think Gordan was an overall better CB this year? I'm a big fan of duffman but KG was all over the place making plays. I feel like he will have a very good NFL career
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,543 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Did anyone else think Gordan was an overall better CB this year? I'm a big fan of duffman but KG was all over the place making plays. I feel like he will have a very good NFL career

The first team that actually threw at McDuffie--in his career, really--was the Cougs. Hard to put a body of work on film when everyone's afraid to throw the ball your way.

Boy did that Coug receiver abuse him, though. That was the most shocking aspect of that game for me.
  • ReignManReignMan Member Posts: 217
    dtd said:

ReignMan said:

UW's defense was still good. Your? down year is 80th percentile for Oregon.
    They played with 10 guys and one ASSSSSSSa.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,418 Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

The first team that actually threw at McDuffie--in his career, really--was the Cougs. Hard to put a body of work on film when everyone's afraid to throw the ball your way.

Boy did that Coug receiver abuse him, though. That was the most shocking aspect of that game for me.
    As a lock down corner for sure. KG seemed to make alot of plays around the line though. Will be interesting to see if he sticks at corner
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,543 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

As a lock down corner for sure. KG seemed to make alot of plays around the line though. Will be interesting to see if he sticks at corner
    There is nobody on the team who missed fewer tackles per attempt than McDuff. That guy came in as a true freshman as the most sound tackler on the team. There is zero weakness in his game. His size might move him into a nickel role at the next level, and he'd be Budda levels of good at it.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

There is nobody on the team who missed fewer tackles per attempt than McDuff. That guy came in as a true freshman as the most sound tackler on the team. There is zero weakness in his game. His size might move him into a nickel role at the next level, and he'd be Budda levels of good at it.
    Bingo. Just a complete player.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

Which one?

The unanimous first team All-American or the consensus one?

I might even be inclined to agree on McKinley, it was a bad year for safeties. He led the country in interceptions and had one against Ohio State; since the rest of the county didn’t see any of our other games they assumed he must be very good so he was a Thorpe Award finalist and All-American.
  • PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    edited December 2021
    the guy from arkansas was the best safety this year. They also had who many consider the best overall receiver, burks. I like Jameson Williams more though