Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

McDuffie named AP All-American

2»

Comments

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,418 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Did anyone else think Gordan was an overall better CB this year? I'm a big fan of duffman but KG was all over the place making plays. I feel like he will have a very good NFL career

The first team that actually threw at McDuffie--in his career, really--was the Cougs. Hard to put a body of work on film when everyone's afraid to throw the ball your way.

Boy did that Coug receiver abuse him, though. That was the most shocking aspect of that game for me.
    As a lock down corner for sure. KG seemed to make alot of plays around the line though. Will be interesting to see if he sticks at corner
    There is nobody on the team who missed fewer tackles per attempt than McDuff. That guy came in as a true freshman as the most sound tackler on the team. There is zero weakness in his game. His size might move him into a nickel role at the next level, and he'd be Budda levels of good at it.

I dont know about "per attempt" but Gordon was a beast. McDuffie absolutely missed tackles this year. Not many but he wasn't perfect.

2 Ints for Gordon as well
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,049 Standard Supporter
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Did anyone else think Gordan was an overall better CB this year? I'm a big fan of duffman but KG was all over the place making plays. I feel like he will have a very good NFL career

The first team that actually threw at McDuffie--in his career, really--was the Cougs. Hard to put a body of work on film when everyone's afraid to throw the ball your way.

Boy did that Coug receiver abuse him, though. That was the most shocking aspect of that game for me.
    As a lock down corner for sure. KG seemed to make alot of plays around the line though. Will be interesting to see if he sticks at corner
    There is nobody on the team who missed fewer tackles per attempt than McDuff. That guy came in as a true freshman as the most sound tackler on the team. There is zero weakness in his game. His size might move him into a nickel role at the next level, and he'd be Budda levels of good at it.

I dont know about "per attempt" but Gordon was a beast. McDuffie absolutely missed tackles this year. Not many but he wasn't perfect.

Turner got way more run on defense than Hampton and he had less tackles. Not surprised but I swear on my life if he is in the two deeps next year I am going to have to take drastic measures.

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Turner got way more run on defense than Hampton and he had less tackles. Not surprised but I swear on my life if he is in the two deeps next year I am going to have to take drastic measures.
    Yeah Dom should start with Cook next year. They're both thumpers
  • PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    Cook is overrated IMO. the whole defense was soft. he was part of the problem.

He doesn’t avoid contact.Williams can’t tackle. Asa refuses. Cook is a jag but he is not soft.

So you decided to go with the bad troll shtick eh?

He doesn’t avoid contact.Williams can’t tackle. Asa refuses. Cook is a jag but he is not soft.
    no trolling. he's better than asa turner. but he's not as good as some people make him out to be.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,949 Swaye's Wigwam

Agree Cook isn't all that good but he doesn't play like a pussy and that's something. I haven't figured out one thing about Turner as yet that justifies his existence.

Hampton has a ways to go in some aspects, but everyone he touches goes down. He needs to be developed and kept on the field.

no trolling. he's better than asa turner. but he's not as good as some people make him out to be.
    You called him soft which is a pointed criticism. He’s not perfect or even good. He ain’t soft though.

You called him soft which is a pointed criticism. He’s not perfect or even good. He ain’t soft though.
    ok sure. but calling him a thumper is a stretch. he seems decent when compared to asa turner who is one of the softest safeties i've ever seen play at any level. dude is so bad it is unreal. I'd rather see covington and hampton at safety.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

I think the outside CB is an overrated position. It’s very important but if a guy in the secondary is your best football player, move him around. Don’t make it easy to avoid him. The smartest thing the Rams did was move Jalen Ramsey around.

Ya think bob/jimmy are that smart to make that kind of change?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,006

Verone McKinley and Kayvon Thib named 1st team AP All American. Seems like a reach to me.

Shocking take.