Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Justin Wilcox turned down the Oregon Ducks

Comments

• Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Gladstone said:

What in the world...

“This feeling comes not from wins and losses, but rather, the idea that in the attempt to chase a national championship, we are losing what made us great in the first place,” the players wrote in the letter. “This is not a Blue Blood program. Our success was built on the continuity and hard work of the players and coaches in the 30 years prior to 2016 and we, as players, feel we are dangerously close to losing our identity.”

Something is up under the hood down there. Weird as they've seemingly had their shit together for years.

Lol what? I am confused at what this identity is that they are talking about, besides never changing your coaches.

Oregon's identity this century has always been Nike money, flashy uniforms, and trying to win a natty at all costs. 2021 Oregon is no different.

Very weird
    Cal= superior culture
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2021

The fuck he did. What bullshit.

Wilcox must tongue Wilner’s butt with the same ferocity he did Erin Andrews’.

Allegedly.

Quoting other media reports does not constitute “multiple sources” journalistically

Lazy CNN/MSNBC shit

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Quoting other media reports does not constitute “multiple sources” journalistically

Lazy CNN/MSNBC shit

I stand with canzano on this. He is annoying sometimes but he is a pro.
  • Options
    MobeyB4AssholesMobeyB4Assholes Member Posts: 878
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Wonder who else turned them down?

Chip?

Urban?

Harsin?

I'm sure they all begged for the job but got rejected.

LOL

• Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Joey is as annoying as F when he’s invited on radio. I honestly can’t listen to him. I don’t know when 5 pick was elected as the voice of Duck football past, present and future but he needs to be told he isn’t.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    46XiJCAB said:

Joey is as annoying as F when he’s invited on radio. I honestly can’t listen to him. I don’t know when 5 pick was elected as the voice of Duck football past, present and future but he needs to be told he isn’t.

His brother was fun to party with though back
    In the day
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,077
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Phil Nike is a megalomaniac. Can't blame Wilcox for choosing not to go there.

Phil is 83 years old... plenty of time for Wilcox to go to Oregon after Phil is gone.

Yeah, I'm sure he would love to HC for his school. However, having to ultimately answer to a senile 80 year old man who sits in the coaches booth, wears a headset and pretends he's one of the coaches is a bridge too far for a guy like Wilcox.

Also, this has now been confirmed by 3 or 4 different sources. He really turned down the offer
    You don't really believe this shit do you?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

Gladstone said:

What in the world...

“This feeling comes not from wins and losses, but rather, the idea that in the attempt to chase a national championship, we are losing what made us great in the first place,” the players wrote in the letter. “This is not a Blue Blood program. Our success was built on the continuity and hard work of the players and coaches in the 30 years prior to 2016 and we, as players, feel we are dangerously close to losing our identity.”

Something is up under the hood down there. Weird as they've seemingly had their shit together for years.
    Nothing is up. Joey has always been a complete dork since washing out in the nfl. He was saying similar shit right before we fired helf, about how it wasn’t fair to him and was a betrayal of our values and some other shit. He spearheaded this entire thing because he’s a loser
    Dude should have been a cheerleader.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dtd said:

Phil is 83 years old... plenty of time for Wilcox to go to Oregon after Phil is gone.

Yeah, I'm sure he would love to HC for his school. However, having to ultimately answer to a senile 80 year old man who sits in the coaches booth, wears a headset and pretends he's one of the coaches is a bridge too far for a guy like Wilcox.

Also, this has now been confirmed by 3 or 4 different sources. He really turned down the offer
    The original source is all the same—wilcox’s agent
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

It just dawned on my why Wilcox said 'no' to Oregon.

It was to prove his faithfulness to Washington, which is his secret dream job.

He knows -- like any thinking person -- that Oregon's days are numbered. Once uncle Phil is gone nobody will be propping up their shitty cow town mushroom school in Eugene Oregon.

The future doesn't include Oregon after 83 year old Phil is gone, and Wilcox knows that Washington will be more likely to hire him in the future if he proves his loyalty to us by telling Oregon to fuck off. Which he did.

In conclusion, I was right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hiUuL5uTKc&ab_channel=MontellJordanVEVO
  • Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2021

ntxduck said:

dtd said:

You got turned down. Deal with it
    You? hired a guy who lost to Hawai'i.

Twice.

Deal with it.

Also, lol, holy fuck are you not an insider detty boy, if you believe that.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,292
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021
    dtd said:

ntxduck said:

dtd said:

Twice.

Deal with it.

Time for bed.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2021

dtd said:

ntxduck said:

dtd said:

Twice.

Deal with it.

Time for bed.
    Not before Derek.

Fake fucks gonna fake fuck, and then talk shit.

Should we take some bets on @autzen next year, or are we year away from being a year away?

Again.