Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Urban Meyer to Oregon? We're working the phones!

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,376 Founders Club
edited December 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
Mario Cristobal flees Oregon and a resurgent Washington to take the Miami job. Race Bannon trademarks the phrase "Grubb Hub" for UW's huddles under their new OC. And Urban Meyer to Oregon? Will a forlorn Phil Knight make it happen? All this and so much less on this week's edition of the podcast. Special shout-outs to @iDawg, @RaceBannon and Andrew Hudson.

https://anchor.fm/hardcorehusky/episodes/Urban-Meyer-to-Oregon--Were-working-the-phones-e1bbovc

Comments

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,496 Standard Supporter
    Upvote. This is how you troll, kiddos.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Good pod, pods
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,253 Swaye's Wigwam
    I called Phil Knight to ask him if he had talked to Urban or Fickell. For some reason I couldn't get through to him. This is still his number right? 1 (800) 806-6453
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,547 Founders Club
    edited December 2021

Barry McCockener!!

Derek got Mcock blocked!
  • SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 941
    Great listen, as always
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam
    The Frank Beamer talk was hurtful.

In 1954, when Beamer was seven years old, he used a push broom to help keep a pile of burning trash in place. When the job was done he returned the broom to the garage, not knowing that its bristles were still smoldering. A spark ignited a can of nearby gasoline, that exploded in front of him. His 11-year old brother, Barnett, saved him by rolling him around on the ground, but Frank was left with burns on the right side of his neck, chest and his shoulders. Over the next few years dozens of skin grafts left him with permanent scarring.

TheHB said:

In 1954, when Beamer was seven years old, he used a push broom to help keep a pile of burning trash in place. When the job was done he returned the broom to the garage, not knowing that its bristles were still smoldering. A spark ignited a can of nearby gasoline, that exploded in front of him. His 11-year old brother, Barnett, saved him by rolling him around on the ground, but Frank was left with burns on the right side of his neck, chest and his shoulders. Over the next few years dozens of skin grafts left him with permanent scarring.

I’m pleading ignorance
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,253 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

We were communicating our thoughts on Beamer's situation, just a family member's thoughts and terms.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

TheHB said:

Just the kind of story that someone with a goiter would invent.
    potd
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,109

Barry McCockener!!

I had surprisingly never heard that one before and I laughed out loud.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,376 Founders Club

Barry McCockener!!

I had surprisingly never heard that one before and I laughed out loud.
    #MeToo
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,196 Swaye's Wigwam
    It’s radio silence out there.

…hello?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,376 Founders Club
    doogville said:

It’s radio silence out there.

…hello?

We seem to have one of those per episode lately
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter
    TheHB said:

Calling a scar a goiter is and always will be funny.

I'm sure Frank got teased about it his entire life, overcame it, and didn't let him hold it back.

To Goiters!

Seinfeld reference obligation superiority guy