Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mario to Miami confirmed

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Its been 5 minutes and the Oregon bored meltdown is already fantastic

Screenshots please.
    Unfortunately the thread entitled "Mario is a Punk" has gone poof but essentially the same people who have been singing the praises of Mario as a "great man of conviction, as transparent as it gets, and a truly genuine guy who loves Eugene" are now choosing titles like "Taggart 2.0, a snake, and other less than complementary terms

There's also speculation that he was in house with a couple of theor top recruits yesterday and was possibly steering them towards Miami.
    They should hire a man with true character like Wilcox. He will never leave.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Its been 5 minutes and the Oregon bored meltdown is already fantastic

Screenshots please.
    Unfortunately the thread entitled "Mario is a Punk" has gone poof but essentially the same people who have been singing the praises of Mario as a "great man of conviction, as transparent as it gets, and a truly genuine guy who loves Eugene" are now choosing titles like "Taggart 2.0, a snake, and other less than complementary terms

There's also speculation that he was in house with a couple of theor top recruits yesterday and was possibly steering them towards Miami.
    Calling a Cuban man a snake? Oregon fans aren't even trying to veil their outrageous racism
    You prefer a cock-a-roach?

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

It will be special when they offer 10+ mil a year to a guy who just got done being ass raped by Utah for the 2nd time in 13 days.

There's also a Twitter rumor that Meat and Thibedeaux got into it during the game.

holy whoosh
    Huh?
    That tweet was clearly a joke
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2021

"Let's go fuck their women and pillage their recruiting class" - K. DeBoer

DeBoer told you that was Off the Record.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    Gladstone said:

The mass coping mechanism of Oregon fans going from guffawing about Cristobal's P12 success to suddenly hoping he leaves is far more entertaining to me than it should be.

It’s almost like they’re a bunch of Husky fans talking about Chris Patterson. Can’t stop laughing.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Leach owned Oregon for the core of his tenure at WSU, 4 straight wins from 2015-2018
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,819
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

EwaDawg said:

Swaye said:

Miami is one of the best, if not the best big city in America. It's the culture of New York with the beautiful people and money of LA mixed with killer weather and the party vide of Mardi Gras with a Latin flavor. In short, who wouldn't leave that shithole Eugene to go rule Miiami?

Eugene, a piss break on the way to a better place.

This is a very good and accurate post. Objectively speaking.

That said, we must remember it's not for everybody. Think about some of our brothers here who have to live in shit hole places like Sedro Woolley, Everett, Castle Rock, Battleground ... and Canada.

A lot of dudes lack the requisite confidence, and frankly the swarthy'ness, to compete in a town like Miami. If one is missing the superior Cuban DNA, one is already at a distinct disadvantage. It takes big @Ballz to make it in my hometown. It's not for everybody. It's LA, but with a NY temperament of aggression, and withering humidity that makes pussies from out west melt.

We have to remember there are coaches who, like our less confident brothers, prefer being out in the middle of butt fuck nowhere so that they have some semblance of a chance to compete for T&A and the other good things life has to offer.

We have to remember that. Eugene and Sedro and Everett and Marysville and Castlerock and Battleground and Vancoover and Rochester and Pulltab and Spookanne are all essentially the same fucking place, and there is a good % of people who want to be in those places and hide from the world.
    https://www.timeout.com/miami/news/miami-was-voted-the-third-most-overrated-city-in-the-worldouch-091421
    I've been to Miami, exactly once. It's great if you like grey sand beaches that remind you of Ocean shores. I seriously expected much much much more. I will say it has been many years. Maybe it's more cosmopolitan now. Don't really care to go back. Guess it depends what you are looking for. Obviously its1000 steps up from Eugene.
    I hate to threaten the hard-fought peace we worked so hard to achieve, but unless you are really drunk, this tells me you actually didn't go to Miami, but rather to Ocean Shores, and the football talk has caused a Mandella Effect.

There is NOTHING about the beaches there that would remind you of Ocean Shores. Take it from the unicorn that was born in one place and grew up next to the other.

Most US cities are now more cosmopolitan than they once were. I'd say on the whole Miami has always been more cosmopolitan than Seattle, but Seattle has caught up. People forget Seattle used to be a fucking nowhere backwater as recently as the 1980s.
    Miami had the cocaine and Seattle had the tech

Couple of boom towns
    Violent passionate Latinos who danced and partied til dawn, versus Jolt-Addicted pimply faced incels who loved StarTrek and turned us all into screen-tethered cunts.

I'll take the Cocaine with Bullets over hologram girlfriends every time.

As a Seattleite, I declare Miami the clear winner.
    Sure Miami has great cocaine, but they really can’t compete with our meth and heroin
    It takes a real classy city to glorify meth and heroin as Seattle and Portland have. But dare I say parts of Lacey and Tumwater outclass Seattle, and Gresham arguably tops Portland.

I don't know how Lynnwood has avoided it, but maybe being crotched between Bothell and Edmonds spares it.
    Lacey and Tumwater are too expensive for meth heads anymore. They all live the Jay Insleeville Homeless Camp off of Wheeler or the Jay Insleeville Homeless Camp along Deschutes Parkway.
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Winning at WSU isn’t that impressive with the current state of the pac 12
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,235
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021
    OreDawg said:

Justin Wilcox might be their best realistic option at this point.

Recruiting will take a step back to Chris Petersen at UW range but this is ultimately an upgrade imo.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    Will keep an eye out for tie colors and report back.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,575
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

OreDawg said:

Recruiting will take a step back to Chris Petersen at UW range but this is ultimately an upgrade imo.
    The defense at Oregon under Wilcox will be improved but until proven otherwise I think Wiclox has offense AIDS. He just spreads it to whomever coaches offense under him. Baldwin was on an upward arc until he met Wilcox. Musgrave was an uninspired choice but even he is under what he produced at Virginia. This was the main reason I was wary of the Wilcox superior culture coming to UW. I just can’t handle any more bad offense.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,235
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021

OreDawg said:

The defense at Oregon under Wilcox will be improved but until proven otherwise I think Wiclox has offense AIDS. He just spreads it to whomever coaches offense under him. Baldwin was on an upward arc until he met Wilcox. Musgrave was an uninspired choice but even he is under what he produced at Virginia. This was the main reason I was wary of the Wilcox superior culture coming to UW. I just can’t handle any more bad offense.
    I'm sure they will get a big-time OC but yeah, that's not necessarily a predictor of success. See: Joe Moorhead.

My fear is that Wilcox, as an alum, could end up the type who's there for 20 years. It might not be lightning in a bottle right away but he's going to bring stability and might be less about the glitzy glamorous Oregon hype machine. Oregon has a culture problem imo and Wilcox could very well be the type to fix it, or at least add a little substance to their charade. He will have the tools to do it. I could see him becoming Oregon's Whittingham. Not saying this will for sure happen by any means but I think it's a decent possibility that he's exactly what Oregon needs.