Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Neuheisel on CBS

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck Rick you dumb tards. He was trending down at CO. Same at UW.

The ultimate sizzletard hire.

But he was trending down!!!! Fuck off. We went into a god damn waste land for fucking 15 years after he was canned. His trending down was sarks ceiling.

He won a rose bowl and popped off. It was fun. More fun that Mr I can’t get excited for the Rose Bowl and get embarrassed in every big game he was in.
    EMFA.

Rick was shit as fuck save for 1 season.

Only sizzletards love Ricky.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    Founders Club

My dad and I talked to Hugh for maybe five minutes outside of Rick's courtroom in 2005 or whenever it was. He was a nice guy and he went off about Rick lol

In hindsight, maybe UW overreacted too much, but the 2002 season was bullshit. We were 4-5 at one point and the team was inconsistent and the running game sucked. I don't think anyone on here, if they're being honest, saw that team going back to the Rose Bowl or a 10 win seasons with him in 2003 and 2004.

Only Dave Samek saw that.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rick had one mediocre, rebuild season after the Rose Bowl, then one complete bag of shit season after ending with an embarrassing loss in a shit bowl to a shit team where UW players talked shit then rolled over and pissed themselves. There were a couple of other embarrassing losses in high profile games too.

He started the downward trend in the general size and even speed of the roster. His recruiting and evaluation seemed to be kind of lazy to me. He seemed in love with a handful of guys and busted ass to get them, but the bottom end of his classes tended to be head scratching offers similar to Sark.

All said I still think he's better than Sarkisian by a wide margin. I think he's at least a smart guy and good motivator.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,996
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Wow there is some serious PTSD in this thread. Calm down old timers you fogey fucks.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

iDawg said:

Of course this wasn’t the argument back then. We were just proto-half brains then. Most thought Rick was a bad coach, but UW didn’t man-up and fire him after the season, so he earned one more.

Then the bullshit trumped-up gambling thing happened and UW used it as an excuse. The resultant Gilby/Willingham years were a direct consequence of this.

Millen gave cover the whole time for the AD. He didn’t cause 0-12, but was part of it. Thus he is a tool and always will be. Fucker.
    Rick deserved to be fired for being a shitty coach after going 7-5 again 2003. Plain and simple.

At least getting a sizzletard hire was cheap back in 1998.
    Yet Sark was a perennial 7-5 coach and parleyed that into a USC job and was credited for UW being “back”. Christ
    Fuck the fat Armenian, frat hamster. Who here credited that guy for having UW “back”?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    10-2
    10-2
    7-5
    8-4

7-5
    11-1
    8-4
    7-5

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    2 differences between fraternity-Rick and Fraternity-Sark? Rick showed up, put a little buzz on and went home with a different bitch everytime. Sark showed up, got slushy drunk and never touched the easy beaver.

Rick wsd coolest coach in any conference. Kids loved him, co-Ed's loved him. . Kids hid behind lockers when Sark showed up.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

2 differences between fraternity-Rick and Fraternity-Sark? Rick showed up, put a little buzz on and went home with a different bitch everytime. Sark showed up, got slushy drunk and never touched the easy beaver.

Rick wsd coolest coach in any conference. Kids loved him, co-Ed's loved him. . Kids hid behind lockers when Sark showed up.

Erin Andrews isn’t easy beaver?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2021
    Touché...Rick would have McGrath, ponder, Andrew's notched on headboard though
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,645
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001 Rose Bowl year was the most fun I've had as a Washington fan since Cindy Crawford was all the rage. Most since too.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021

10-2
    10-2
    7-5
    8-4

7-5
    11-1
    8-4
    7-5

I don’t know what the top numbers represent. You think I’m saying Neuheisal was great or even better than Petersen. I’m not. What I’m saying is people who bash Neuheisal but suck off Petersen don’t understand they aren’t polar opposites and in fact fairly close. Petersens lack of ability to pull off a big win in the national stage is a huge black mark. Rick Rose bowl season was more fun than all of petersens seasons combined which always ended in disappointment and boring shitty outlook. Petersens rose bowl was disgusting.
    Top is Neu at CO.

I don’t suck off Pete. I hate his guts for quitting and begatting Jimmy.

But I’m not sucking off Rick for 2000. Great year for a decent, but not great coach.

I think overall I still put Pete’s UW resume a bit ahead of Rick, but Pete was trending down too and ultimately underachieved.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

But he was trending down!!!! Fuck off. We went into a god damn waste land for fucking 15 years after he was canned. His trending down was sarks ceiling.

He won a rose bowl and popped off. It was fun. More fun that Mr I can’t get excited for the Rose Bowl and get embarrassed in every big game he was in.
    This

He actually won in January.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

10-2
    10-2
    7-5
    8-4

7-5
    11-1
    8-4
    7-5

I don’t know what the top numbers represent. You think I’m saying Neuheisal was great or even better than Petersen. I’m not. What I’m saying is people who bash Neuheisal but suck off Petersen don’t understand they aren’t polar opposites and in fact fairly close. Petersens lack of ability to pull off a big win in the national stage is a huge black mark. Rick Rose bowl season was more fun than all of petersens seasons combined which always ended in disappointment and boring shitty outlook. Petersens rose bowl was disgusting.
    Top is Neu at CO.

I don’t suck off Pete. I hate his guts for quitting and begatting Jimmy.

But I’m not sucking off Rick for 2000. Great year for a decent, but not great coach.

I think overall I still put Pete’s UW resume a bit ahead of Rick, but Pete was trending down too and ultimately underachieved.
    Petersen is probably a better coach overall. Neu changed his whole offense to accommodate the strength of his QB and reaped the rewards. They were a couple of plays at Oregon from a Natty. Petersen never sniffed that and I hate Petersen for shitting the bed 3 years in row on the biggest stage. And let’s not forget losing to Auburn and fucking up games that should have been won vs pac 12 teams. Rick was fun. Petersen felt suffocating.
    I don’t disagree with any of the above.

Pete was wasted coaching talent at UW.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

10-2
    10-2
    7-5
    8-4

7-5
    11-1
    8-4
    7-5

I’ll also add that coaches dealt with way less Taylor Rapp bullshit in 2000. That’s not on Pete.

College football has been going to shit for decades.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,184
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

Rick had one mediocre, rebuild season after the Rose Bowl, then one complete bag of shit season after ending with an embarrassing loss in a shit bowl to a shit team where UW players talked shit then rolled over and pissed themselves. There were a couple of other embarrassing losses in high profile games too.

He started the downward trend in the general size and even speed of the roster. His recruiting and evaluation seemed to be kind of lazy to me. He seemed in love with a handful of guys and busted ass to get them, but the bottom end of his classes tended to be head scratching offers similar to Sark.

All said I still think he's better than Sarkisian by a wide margin. I think he's at least a smart guy and good motivator.

Sounds like Peterson. No big wins. Embarrassing loses in hi profile games. Can’t win a the rose bowl and was “trending down”.

He won a rose bowl, popped off. There are people who are now drinking age who weren’t even born the last time that happened. It was fun. The last 20 years since have been a miserable embarrassing shit show.
    I was at “drinking age” much younger than 21.