Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Message from a soon-to-be former Hardcore Poster.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Grundles poasts scare me because I never know what is going on. He’s a message board genius my autistic brain just can’t handle.

Since you are offering I have always wondered where your name originates from. I am also new to all this lingo and have figured out at least 81% of it myself just lurking but still haven't figured out your name yet.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

Do you want to remove the gloves from the @GrundleStiltzkin ? Do you want to get rid of the pee game? let's do it. bring it on.

I am tired of your hatred, indifference and throwing people under the bus.

In the real game, I am so happy that I can't. I am very happy that I have not lived a life of indifference and sadness under all circumstances. You need to find something to smile. Last check, it is summer time. The weather in Seattle looks good now-why not check it out.

you're not wrong. You may think that at the moment you express your opinion, you have heard enough voices to show that you are right. It won't get you right.

He said 12-47 so it happened in the blue sky. I never hinted that the collapse of the plan had already begun before Emmert arrived.

Are you looking for the facts? Want the truth? This is your truth.

Emmet arrived at the University of Washington before Gilby's 1-10 season. The previous year (2003) Gilby managed to get us 6-6, but this included the California riots, where we sacrificed 700 yards (or there). This is a carefree group with a high level. We have lost 5 of the past 8 times, including the California bombing, the UCLA bombing, and our home in Nevada. Yes, the system is moving in the right direction.

The 2002 season coached by Slick is another example of the most memorable season in the Northwest Championship. that's awesome. But it hides that the "Northwest Championship" is a 4-5 football team, and it is interesting to score 1-4 in the meeting. In 2002 and 2003, we ended the season with a 4-4 meeting record.

These are not good football teams. Practice failed.

Emmet boarded the ship and was immediately arrested by Gilby with a score of 1-10.

Before Emmert boarded the ship, the Babu family boarded the ship after a decade of misconduct, which included allowing the stadium to begin the erosion process.

Throughout 2003, we were faced with Slick's departure and the following cases, Drs. felt good, and confusion with Teresa Wilson's softball plan.

Now remember the following: All this happened before EMERT left any president of the University of Washington.

Things are not going well. I think almost everyone knows this.

A search committee was formed to replace Babs. BOR, the colonel, and the main sponsor of the school were all sick because an egg came out of their face. They are angry with the country team that Babs is pursuing and the way he handles the door—especially considering what happened to Slick. They are looking for a good, decent and trustworthy person who will not tarnish the image of the university. Install Tod Turner.

Now, this brings you to the point of hiring Emmert. Does he have to sign Turner's employment contract? most likely. But it doesn't matter.

At this time, Emmert is not responsible for working on the football field. There are coaches in place. It is not Emmert’s job to supervise football projects or any other projects in the athletics department. This work belongs to Todd Turner. Emmet’s job is to oversee the work of Todd Turner.

So 1-10 happened. Gilby was put (appropriately) in a jar by Turner. Yes, the procedure was carried out 1-10. But the actions of those entrusted to monitor the plan were correct. Turner fired his coach for poor performance. When I was in Emmert's position, I couldn't complain.

Training search is possible, Turner has a heart dedicated to Tyrone Willingham. Turner hired. This is not Emmet’s recruitment. Of course, Emmet must sign a lease. OK. He wanted to accuse her of not having preconceived notions of rejecting employment. OK. But recruitment is not Emmet’s responsibility. This is Turner's job. Emmert is responsible for holding Turner accountable for his work (he did it 3 years later, and it was clear that Tyrone was not the answer at the time).

Therefore, Tyrone leads 2-9 in the first year after 1-10 years. not good. Warning signs began to appear, especially when the game was shut down for poor performance. But the state in the first year is hard to criticize too much.

The plan runs 5-7 in the second year and has 2 important events. The first major event was the loss of QB due to injury. I think many people will argue that if we don't lose Isaiah that year, we will lead 6-6. The second most important event is the "big sudden" day and the mysterious disappearance of Stanford University and the most emotional football team you have ever seen

Look if this team was 6-0 I'm sure this forum would be praising the team, talking X's and O's and genuinely fired up for this ASU game. That's the great thing about the Rose Bowl chase is that every single game is HUGE. I remember in 2000 every week I was so fired up I couldn't wait until Saturday came.

While this year despite the 4-0 start it felt like 2011 all over again where they are feasting on a front loaded schedule. I mean we are in year five in October and already eliminated from the Rose Bowl picture. At least Lambo waited until November before getting eliminated.

As for the jokes? Honestly that's why I post on here. Talking about a program that doesn't care about football or it's REAL fans(yea I went there Doogs fuck off) can get old really quick.

We all use sports as a way to get away form life. It's supposed to be a healthy distraction. The football product for a decade plus now hasn't provided me with that. At least this forums actually has posts on here where I literally laugh out loud.

If you don't like the jokes it's a free country just skip the threads. We had plenty of football discussions last week. I also noticed in my time on football message boards that those who always demand more football talk never provide any football talk. Sure they think they do but they provide basic shit that anyone with half a brain knows.

No offense Passion but you never did seem like you fit in here. You take things way too seriously and get offended too easily. When you or anyone else ask questions like where can I watch the game at? You'll get some shit. When you say NO EXCUSES! Then immediately make up EXCUSES you'll get shit on. When you claim a conference is terrible and has 8 teams ranked in the top 25 you'll get shit on.

I like the fact that on here if someone you disagree with you can tell them that. Unlike Doogman if you get in a disagreement even if you are right with certain posters your posts will be deleted and you'll just be gone. No warning.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943

Grundles poasts scare me because I never know what is going on. He’s a message board genius my autistic brain just can’t handle.

Since you are offering I have always wondered where your name originates from. I am also new to all this lingo and have figured out at least 81% of it myself just lurking but still haven't figured out your name yet.
    There was no thought behind it at the time, it means nothing. Dropped the ball not having a better poaster handle. Sad.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    i only support TASTEFUL name calling and light hearted trolling.

However if im supposed to sensor my disdain for the washington huskies then i cant go along with that.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

However if im supposed to sensor my disdain for the washington huskies then i cant go along with that.

Sensor?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    phineas said:

Can't wait for the next poast about this bored's circle jerk.
  • Options
    AlpoAlpo Member Posts: 98
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2021

Alpo said:

Alpo said:

Honestly was the primary reason I'd never joined in before. Very low signal:noise ratio. I get that it's fun for those participating, and this is all about entertainment, and live and let live and all that, but it is definitely a deterrent to being involved here.

Not telling anyone wh

Well thoought out poast. I would like to add I think one of the biggest problems is people really do take the internet too seriously. If someone tells your to DIAF on a message board do you really give a shit? Why? It is something that is so stupid to say I don't understand why someone would take offense to it. If anything the person saying it looks stupid and thats the joke.

As far as football discussion goes I find it hard to generate a bunch of it since we still have the same brand of mediocre football we did 3 years ago after the first 7-6. We beat up scrubs, lose to elite programs, pinch out one surprise victory every year, shit the bed against a team we should have killed, suck on the road, and end up 7-6.

Sark hasn't done anything to show us things really are looking up to where talking X's and O's is fun again. If the Huskies were really a top 10 team this year I would think this place would be much more active with overall football discussion. However, there are only so many times you can say Bishop Sankey is elite, Keith Price is undervalued, and our defense is better than it use to be but still just ok.

tl;dr kick off your shoes, relax, and try and have some fun poasting. If you can't stand what someone posts then ignore them. The internet can be a lot of fun if you learn how to seperate it from real life.
    LOL at my downvote above -- fuck off Pasadena.

For some reason my sentence cut off at the end -- what I was saying is that I'm *not* telling anyone what to do or how to post or what to say; I think quite a few people prefer it this way as somewhat of an insulated community where you gotta pay some dues, learn the jokes, and generally fit in. For someone looking for a straight football conversation (which gets really old, as you point out) this ain't the place. /shrug
    This site is fantastic, the lack of moderation a breath of fresh air after seeing Dawgman drown and die in it.

That being said, the site is way too circle jerkish/inside jokeish to ever get mainstream IMO. I still don't know what 80% of the references mean. Nor care.

I'm just grateful there are still lots of Husky fans out there who aren't completely off the deep end, so thank allah for this site.
    I dumped Dawgman years ago after one too many times being put in the penalty box. Kim and Chris a re a couple of sanctimonious cunts that spend lots of time sitting in a small room sniffing each other’s farts and telling the other how wonderful they smell.

I’ve been on UWDawgpound for a while (mmeggs) and enjoy it but, I dunno, I’m an anarchist at heart. This place is anarchy. It’s great. I don’t want my previous posts to be considered criticisms and that’s why I’m writing this one. I’ve been in the message board game a long time - I remember when Roof was telling us all that Dominic Robinson was coming to UW. (2002?) Later she fucking called my house and accused me of trying to take down her site with a virus or something - that was a fun one to explain to my wife.

This might never be my “main” site but I’m glad that it exists. I love and appreciate the passion all of you, even the total assholes, have for the program. You wouldn’t be so bitchy if you didn’t care and want great things. (Most of you; some people just want any reason to be negative cunt and revel in failure - have fun with that.)

TL;DR This place isn’t for everyone and it shouldn’t try to be. Like all unhappy families it is unhappy in its own special way. May we some day soon be united in our worship of DeBoer as the third leg of the holy coaching trinity at UW and all of this navel-gazing bullshit seems even more pointless than usual.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Good shit , pod
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Just received this message from a guy (who shall remain anonymous) that I've interacted with over the years on DM and HH: "Just a quick personal note to say thanks for your perspectives on UW football over the years. I haven't always agreed with you, but I've appreciated your passion for the program. I had hoped this site would be a place to have fun discussing football, but even the few promising threads ultimately devolve into insults and name calling. While I certainly don't always agree with Kim, after hanging out here for a while, he has a point: some of the shtick gets old after a while. The older I get, the more I judge activities by whether I enjoy them, and I simply don't enjoy having my intelligence questioned by a bunch of internet idiots. Perhaps I will catch you in the future at another site somewhere between DM and HH. Anyway, carry on the good fight and feel free to drop an email if you want to discuss Dawgs."

The guy that sent me this note is NO fan of kim or any of the other jerks over at DM.

Look, I'm not going to advocate for people to be censored (like the d-bags that ruined DM), nor am I going to lecture anybody. I will only say that this website has the opportunity to become a REAL and UNFILTERED alternative to DM. The problem is that a few folks on here insist on turning threads into name-calling and 8th-grade-level cursing contests, or just an opportunity to 'zing' other people.

I'll be the first to say that at times I've been guilty of that BS as well.

I guess my only suggestion is that some folks should decide if they want this to become the website that ALL OF US have described at one time or another - a place of INTELLIGENT analysis where INTENSE criticism and UNSCRIPTED opinion is welcome - or do we want HH to be just a place of one-liners, biting insults, and contests to tear down others. I realize that it's often both, but I tend to agree with this guy that it tilts a little too much toward the latter.

Just a thought. Peace. Now fire away.

great thoughts here. One one hand, I think this site is hilarious. I think the podcast is fucking hilarious. And I love how the passionate Husky fans can vent their spleens and not worry about being cancelled by 'superfans.' I love making critical commentary without being blasted by idiots. I wish there was more of that content here. I was excited to join the boards and quickly found the sharp elbows - tough audience. But that's fine. I tried to post a straight up football comment and got LEAVE as a one word reply. Not much different than WSB. Again, I could give a fuck, (and I will no doubt get several FO's and LEAVES here...whatever). I am a media consultant and we are working on a project that tries to thread the line of attitude and substance. It's not easy to be true to the audience and culture AND be taken seriously for subject matter content...say...by advertisers or even a broader audience. This site ain't for wimps. It's hilarious and yeah, sometimes you have to really look for meaty football discussions and tolerate a lot of bullshit along the way. But it is what it is. Go Dawgs.
    I am actually not going to bust your balls for replying to years old copypasta like a noob. I liked the cut of your jib in this poast so I will illuminate instead of fumigate - which is weird for me, but you may not understand why.

A LEAVE can be sort of a term of endearment or an actual call to kill yourself. The trick is being here long enough to figure out the difference. This place very intentionally tries to deny entry to wimps, morons and casuals. We always used to say we'd rather have 50 smart fans with standards than 50 thousands Doogman mouth breathers - and we actually mean that.

It's a tough love go fuck yourself culture that many people have spent the better part of two decades honing to a sharp point. To stab losers with. In the dick. Not kidding. Many of the long termers here go back to the late 90's and early 2000's on message boards, and we? have gypsied around the interwebs together, going from website to website, as we either got kicked out en masse or the websites failed or were overrun with Fox lawyers. At this point, we are a tribe of disaffected malcontents that have been kicked out of every bar in the county, except this one. So it's our bar. And we protect it like it's ours. With malice to all.

We are basically the biblical Jews of Husky fandom. @RaceBannon is our Moses, only older. Pharaoh keeps fucking with us but we manage to survive. Like cockroaches. We talk about the tits of underage coaches daughters, we make paraplegic jokes to actual paraplegics, and we will always ask for naked pics of wives and daughters of friends and enemies alike. To be fair, we have few friends. We like that too. Having few friends keeps us nimble and fast, and ready for anything Charlie wants to throw at us. Years of being on the run has made us sharp, and hard (lulz) like iron, with breath like kerosene. We smoke weed and talk shit and like it when people are offended. We named this place the Thunder Dome. For a reason. Ten men enter, one man leaves, or in this case makes it to be a part of our tribe.

It's been a three decade war with upper campus, the AD, and 81% of this no account fanbase that has no standards and just wants good clean games with no injuries. Guess what? We like injuries. Fuck the kids we always say.

So, we don't dislike all newcomers, we just don't trust them. Could be a spy for Pharaoh, or just a wimpy fag. You have to earn entry to this club. Nothing given. Always earned. That said, you can come to the movement later in life and still be taken into the fold, just axe @YellowSnow (he fucking has his own bored here for Christs sake). You just have to be able to pick things up quickly, knife fight in a phone booth a little bit, and not try to take stands on pedophilia when someone asks how old the new Coaches underage daughter is. People who do that and then triple down on it are huge fags and will be scorned with copypasta for an age.

We don't give a fuck about being relatable to the masses, or getting access, or anything else. We care about one thing as it relates to football. That's it. Just one thing. We are, after all, simple men with simple requests. Win, or else.
    Obviously I'm a noob. what are ya gonna do? I too speak my mind way too candidly on the FB Husky posts and get jumped on by fucking marshmallow super fans. So yeah, prick is pretty accurate for me I suppose - but now I'm with super pricks...so...I get it. Thanks for the charitable guided tour.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm gonna write something profound on this thread. I promise. But not now. Later.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If you're bored, offended or bothered by the quality control of these boreds, the door is always open. So why the whiny, passive-aggressive melodrama and "here's why I'm leaving" grandiose announcements? Sorry, butt Fuck Off.

If the comments are getting boring, repetitive or just smack talk, nobody is prevented from urging posters to up their game, return the the topic at hand, or stop being a pussy or an asshole. Smart people can self-regulate and there's plenty of smarts on these boreds. I wonder how often these loudly departing complainers actually took the risk of wrestling control of a topic rather than contributing dull, tone-deaf or pointless commentary from time to time.

These grandiose departures are so reminiscent of the 39 year old UW grad students who continue to fight the world instead of ever learning how to adapt to living in it, then become grey-haired helicopter parents, 20 years older than the other kids' parents, pontificating their expertise at life despite everyone seeing right through them and reading them like a book, all the while mistaking them as grandparents.

Pardon the sojourn, but HH is a respite, a bare-knocked brawl that is our Fight Club, and I take great offense at anyone who wants to change the rules of Fight Club to make it more earnest, which means soft. No.

If you don't like it anymore, LEAVE. Quietly. Because NOC and never did.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,350
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I laffed at this thread!!!