Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Haener

Comments

• Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

RTD said:

Can he run? No matter who the next QB is they need to be able to run. Pro-style offense in college football is a joke unless you play for a P5 team with elite talent.

Watch the linked highlights above and you'll get the answer to your question.
    I was too kind in my initial assessment. WDWHMWWAHCFO. Last I checked he wasn’t good enough for the last Mountain West staff.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Alpo said:

For all this Haener talk, I'd rather make a run at Spencer Rattler. More mobile, got fucked at OU, might bring a stud WR with him. Doubt he is following Riley to USC after Riley benched him.

Get them all
  • Options
    FSDogs1FSDogs1 Member Posts: 33
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    RTD said:

Can he run? No matter who the next QB is they need to be able to run. Pro-style offense in college football is a joke unless you play for a P5 team with elite talent.

He's pretty quick, but was very hesitant to run this year. Pocket presence is an area he could improve. To be fair, he was injured this year and the OL play was inconsistent.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Gotta have a QB that is at the very least a threat to run vs can actual run and be used as a weapon. Rattler is a P5 level talent Haener is a G5 level talent. No comparison. If the Dawgs are portal diving.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    RTD said:

Gotta have a QB that is at the very least a threat to run vs can actual run and be used as a weapon. Rattler is a P5 level talent Haener is a G5 level talent. No comparison. If the Dawgs are portal diving.

I want Haener to come back just so he can lose the job to rattler or Sam.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    More pictures of haener’s mom and less haener qb talk
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    FSDogs1 said:

RTD said:

He's pretty quick, but was very hesitant to run this year. Pocket presence is an area he could improve. To be fair, he was injured this year and the OL play was inconsistent.
    @FSDogs1 what happened in the Boise game?
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

FSDogs1 said:

RTD said:

Or Hawaii?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's not like we are contending next year, so why not start building with Sam? And worst case, what if Sam leaves?

Sam sucks. Sorry, but if he was any good at all he would have beat out Morris. If he leaves we get a QB that is actually good.
    Haener left rather than compete. Fuck him
    He did compete. I'll bet anything that he outperformed Eason in fall camp. And Pete still gave the job to Eason in the 11th hour. I don't blame Haener at all for leaving. And by the way, he competed his ass off this season to the tune of 3,810 yards and 32 TDs / 9 ints.
    If he beat him he'd win the job

I hate Petersen but not as much as many of you

I'm surprised
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

It's not like we are contending next year, so why not start building with Sam? And worst case, what if Sam leaves?

Sam sucks. Sorry, but if he was any good at all he would have beat out Morris. If he leaves we get a QB that is actually good.
    He did compete. I'll bet anything that he outperformed Eason in fall camp. And Pete still gave the job to Eason in the 11th hour. I don't blame Haener at all for leaving. And by the way, he competed his ass off this season to the tune of 3,810 yards and 32 TDs / 9 ints.

I'm surprised
    This feels like it's personal to you because he daggered the '18 Cal game with the pick 6. Come clean. That's all this is about. You'll feel better getting it off your chest. All the other rants about quitters etc are just window dressing to the fact that he ruined that game and you can't forgive him for whatever reason.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Alpo said:

For all this Haener talk, I'd rather make a run at Spencer Rattler. More mobile, got fucked at OU, might bring a stud WR with him. Doubt he is following Riley to USC after Riley benched him.

I'm all for it
  • Options
    EwaDawg said:

Gladstone said:

FSDogs1 said:

RTD said:

Or Hawaii?
    I'm on the East Coast, so I couldn't stay up for the Hawaii game. I think it started at 1 AM EST.

I did watch the Boise game.

The FS offense has the ability to get very hot and suddenly go completely cold. You could blame our OL, but I personally thought we didn't commit to establishing the run. Playcalling under Grubb was suspect. Also, turnovers. We rank 116th in turnovers per game at 1.9.
  • Options
    Derek Carr pretty much ran our offense in his last year because we had an all-time-awful OC from Utah (Dave Schramm).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

I'm surprised
    This feels like it's personal to you because he daggered the '18 Cal game with the pick 6. Come clean. That's all this is about. You'll feel better getting it off your chest. All the other rants about quitters etc are just window dressing to the fact that he ruined that game and you can't forgive him for whatever reason.
    No

Try reading
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

I'm surprised
    You have a much higher opinion of Pete than I do…

Pete was a guy who thought he was strong willed and built his brand and persona around it, he bent to political pressure to play the hometown hero come home, and then he had to confront that not only did he make the wrong football decision but that he wasn’t nearly as principled and strong willed as he thought.

He then did what all weak minded people do when faced with the reality that they are not what they thought they were.

Quit.
    I can go with this too

Let the hate flow