Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Apple Cup Post Mortem with Special Guest Doogles

Comments

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,150
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

@JoeEDangerously "USC will fuck this hire away guaranteed"

USC 3 hours later: We big dicked everyone and got Lincoln Riley

@JoeEDangerously live look

Talk about getting laid out by a haymaker you didn’t see coming. Again, not the first time
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

@JoeEDangerously "USC will fuck this hire away guaranteed"

USC 3 hours later: We big dicked everyone and got Lincoln Riley

@JoeEDangerously live look

Talk about getting laid out by a haymaker you didn’t see coming. Again, not the first time
    The Year of Living Dangerously
  • Options
    Founders Club

Derek’s explanation:

I dealt with Joey a lot when he was at Doogman. First thing to know is he is incredibly angry. He learned a lot at Doogman and fought some demons. He's a dumb, bitter, charming, engaging guy who is also competitive as hell. He's not yet appeared to put his demons behind him.

You're going to love and hate Joey. It will be interesting to see how Derek handles this ass clown. Knowing the competitive nature of Joey, I'm sure he negotiated a large beer fund. If he gets WoolleyDoog on staff, watch out. Woolley is a poor mans Jon Wilner. He is currently down and out in Hollywood.

He's an outstanding book reader and phenomenal working with Tinder. He trusts his Twitter guys and has an edge. Guys love tweeting at him.

Derek didn't hit a home run with Joey. He struck out looking on an Eephus pitch.

Almost got the chincredible vote for the first bold but the second bold should be Grindr so instead you get nothing.
    Damn you, I was going to crack a Grindr joke.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Derek’s explanation:

I dealt with Joey a lot when he was at Doogman. First thing to know is he is incredibly angry. He learned a lot at Doogman and fought some demons. He's a dumb, bitter, charming, engaging guy who is also competitive as hell. He's not yet appeared to put his demons behind him.

You're going to love and hate Joey. It will be interesting to see how Derek handles this ass clown. Knowing the competitive nature of Joey, I'm sure he negotiated a large beer fund. If he gets WoolleyDoog on staff, watch out. Woolley is a poor mans Jon Wilner. He is currently down and out in Hollywood.

He's an outstanding book reader and phenomenal working with Tinder. He trusts his Twitter guys and has an edge. Guys love tweeting at him.

Derek didn't hit a home run with Joey. He struck out looking on an Eephus pitch.

Almost got the chincredible vote for the first bold but the second bold should be Grindr so instead you get nothing.
    Damn you, I was going to crack a Grindr joke.
    YWFMS.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Medium tim listener, third time caller.

1.) Did Gregory really fucking say that after the game!? He really said they recycled the previous years' gameplan? Holy shit, I thought that was a whoosh!

2.) The Jack Lockner thing doesn't bother me all that much. Mostly because I give so few shits about the Husky Hall of Fame that I didn't even know it existed, but also because it's a team game, with over 100 players on the team and a couple dozen coaches and staff, so win/loss record is a strange metric by which to measure an individual achievement. Great player or not, you still see people showing up to games with his jersey on, and he was one of the two highest draft picks out of the school this century, so whatever. Fans like him, programs like pleasing fans. Hiring Miss Ramming and #ScoDucks #WarEagle pisses me off nine-billion times more than something with as little impact as an HoF selection.

3.) Stalin, Petersen's Jen Cohen comments seem to have riled you up more than even anybody else--even in this edgelord convention. If I'm looking to be charitable to Petersen, I'd just assume that he doesn't want to say anything publicly that might harm the chance of the program signing a desirable coach. It could just be that he still cares and is trying to help, even if in doing so he's being dishonest. Either way, I could really care less about any coachspeak on TV (Mike Leach rants aside, of course).

4.) "What demon do you most look forward to the program exorcising?" was an awesome question to end the show with. All good answers, too. Very similarly to what a couple of you hinted at, mine would be the feeling of sheer hopelessness when watching 3rd and long. "Twelve yards to go? Should they just punt on 3rd to catch them by surprise?" I've felt that way for four years at least. I just want to see a fucking open receiver. Is it too much to ask? WSU was able to scheme guys WIDE open against eight men in coverage. Can a coach at UW please just get a guy open from time to time? Even on obvious passing downs?

My favorite episode yet. You guys are getting better at just talking like a normal conversation instead of being so afraid of stepping over one another that there's a ton of awkward dead air.

In earlier episodes I got a lot of feedback from people saying it could be jarring when we were talking over each other. Might be due to a brief delay. So we've been aware of that and are doing our best to adapt.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    More doogles, less everything else. A lot less. In fact, you other fucks should just not pood anymore. Like, ever.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    TTJ said:

More doogles, less everything else. A lot less. In fact, you other fucks should just not pood anymore. Like, ever.

You complain over and over and yet you keep listening week after week. Just stop listening. Problem solved.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    break out the vaseline and the condoms
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,314
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

1.) Did Gregory really fucking say that after the game!? He really said they recycled the previous years' gameplan? Holy shit, I thought that was a whoosh!

Serious question. This actually happened?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Yes
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2021

Really? It's exactly what yimmy(kwat?) said last year or the year before and you all ate it the fuck up because it worked.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    TTJ said:

Take your mask off and breathe every once in a while
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,314
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

Really? It's exactly what yimmy(kwat?) said last year or the year before and you all ate it the fuck up because it worked.
    You mean when Leach was still coaching and doing the exact same thing every year so the exact same game plan was the smart choice? Is this an Inception style whoosh inside of a whoosh or did you actually just miss the point completely?
  • Options
    Founders Club

dtd said:

You mean when Leach was still coaching and doing the exact same thing every year so the exact same game plan was the smart choice? Is this an Inception style whoosh inside of a whoosh or did you actually just miss the point completely?
    He said they have run the scheme in past years that beat this team. Only problem is this team isn’t the previous years
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Program and Pod: Applies to Both
  • Options
    MontereyMonterey Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Have to agree with whoever on the podcast said some of the stuff was a bit sexist. So maybe less of that. Enjoyed hearing some of the other insights though