Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Donte Williams on Twitter

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021

If Deboner got Donte that would take care of concern #1 with the hire. Give him a fake title with a bunch of money and make him recruiting coordinator. Just don't make him DC and don't have him be the only DB coach.

Seriously, though. He was recruiting the entire defense at both Oregon and USC. I'm pretty sure he was responsible for both Thibedeaux and Foreman. He's Tosh-level, maybe a step up

Fucking this
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,412
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Dude was apparently telling players he was going to be USC’s next head coach and we? think we? can get him as a co-DB coach?

Just make up titles. Co-DC, Associate HC, and DB coach. Just get him here. Money talks. Wife graduated from UW.

• Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Time to bake a cake

Oh?

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HuskyJW said:

His last twelve or so people hes following includes...

Lars Hanson
    UW Athletics
    Faatui Tuitele
    Tracy Ford
    UW Mens Basketball
    Terell Bynum
    Bookie
    Trent McDuffie

When did he start following all these people? Recently? This seems to suggest something may be afoot.

I had thought I read somewhere that part of Lincoln Riley's deal was keeping Donte on staff
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HuskyJW said:

Lars Hanson
    UW Athletics
    Faatui Tuitele
    Tracy Ford
    UW Mens Basketball
    Terell Bynum
    Bookie
    Trent McDuffie

When did he start following all these people? Recently? This seems to suggest something may be afoot.

I had thought I read somewhere that part of Lincoln Riley's deal was keeping Donte on staff
    Kimmy G said that, so…
  • Options
    ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Williams’ wife, Dr. Jayna, got her undergrad at UW where she was a cheerleader. My friend’s wife was friends or frenemies or something like that with her.

Y’all would be fools to not hire Donte if Town Car isn’t retaining him. If you give a fuck about his coaching DBs or CBs or whatever you’re stupid. He’s not even a bad DB coach, but even if he was it doesn’t matter - because he’ll recruit a nun to a brothel.

Trojans Wire https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/29/social-media-activity-raises-possibility-of-donte-williams-to-washington/

Donte's USC Bio https://usctrojans.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/donte-williams/5260 says that he has a son and is single.
    • BIRTHDAY: Sept. 1, 1982
    • FAMILY: Single; Son, King.
    • HIGH SCHOOL: Culver City (Calif.) HS
    • EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree, communication, Idaho State, 2006
    So, maybe he and his wife are not together anymore?

Other than that, Donte Williams, who has more than a dozen years of experience coaching defensive backs and is regarded as one of the nation’s top recruiters, was named USC’s cornerbacks coach and defensive pass game coordinator in February of 2020. In December of 2020, he added the title of associate head coach.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

HuskyJW said:

Lars Hanson
    UW Athletics
    Faatui Tuitele
    Tracy Ford
    UW Mens Basketball
    Terell Bynum
    Bookie
    Trent McDuffie

The only people in his recent follows are Softy and Lars. His recent follows are all USC people
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

HuskyJW said:

Lars Hanson
    UW Athletics
    Faatui Tuitele
    Tracy Ford
    UW Mens Basketball
    Terell Bynum
    Bookie
    Trent McDuffie

The only people in his recent follows are Softy and Lars. His recent follows are all USC people
    Twitter doesn't do the recent follow things anymore.
  • Options

HuskyJW said:

Lars Hanson
    UW Athletics
    Faatui Tuitele
    Tracy Ford
    UW Mens Basketball
    Terell Bynum
    Bookie
    Trent McDuffie

PC twitter does

his first follows, in 2011 presumably

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,097

HuskyJW said:

Lars Hanson
    UW Athletics
    Faatui Tuitele
    Tracy Ford
    UW Mens Basketball
    Terell Bynum
    Bookie
    Trent McDuffie

PC twitter does

His latest follows would be preferable.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

If Deboner got Donte that would take care of concern #1 with the hire. Give him a fake title with a bunch of money and make him recruiting coordinator. Just don't make him DC and don't have him be the only DB coach.

Seriously, though. He was recruiting the entire defense at both Oregon and USC. I'm pretty sure he was responsible for both Thibedeaux and Foreman. He's Tosh-level, maybe a step up

Mario, Franklin, and Keith Heyward recruited Thibodeaux. But he did get Flowe, Dontae Manning, Mykael Wright, etc. He can beat tOSU and Clemson head to head for a recruit. I’d bet if he stayed at Oregon, it wasn’t a one sided decision, then Korey Foreman, Raesjon Davis, and Ceyair Wright are there.

The biggest downside is he’s full of shit and will cut corners. Not for the risk averse, but who doesn’t mind an occasional attempted murder here and there? It’s attempted, not like an actual murder.
  • Options

HuskyJW said:

Lars Hanson
    UW Athletics
    Faatui Tuitele
    Tracy Ford
    UW Mens Basketball
    Terell Bynum
    Bookie
    Trent McDuffie

PC twitter does

His latest follows would be preferable.
    I posted because OP said he just followed UW, here's where he followed Softy

• Options

Mario, Franklin, and Keith Heyward recruited Thibodeaux. But he did get Flowe, Dontae Manning, Mykael Wright, etc. He can beat tOSU and Clemson head to head for a recruit. I’d bet if he stayed at Oregon, it wasn’t a one sided decision, then Korey Foreman, Raesjon Davis, and Ceyair Wright are there.

The biggest downside is he’s full of shit and will cut corners. Not for the risk averse, but who doesn’t mind an occasional attempted murder here and there? It’s attempted, not like an actual murder.
    Who was McKinley's primary recruiter? Dude's a baller.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    digits said:

The 247 things aren’t always super accurate since head coaches can’t be listed as the primary recruiter, so it says Arroyo. Texas was his supposed area of expertise. It was mostly Willie. Jevon Holland, McKinley, and the average Steve Stephens aren’t a bad safety haul for one recruiting class.

"Coach Taggart is a real nice guy and he definitely has a vision," McKinley said. "It's definitely a family atmosphere up there with all of the coaches, the facilities are great and they have a plan academically to make sure all student-athletes are set up for success."

• Options

digits said:

The 247 things aren’t always super accurate since head coaches can’t be listed as the primary recruiter, so it says Arroyo. Texas was his supposed area of expertise. It was mostly Willie. Jevon Holland, McKinley, and the average Steve Stephens aren’t a bad safety haul for one recruiting class.

"Coach Taggart is a real nice guy and he definitely has a vision," McKinley said. "It's definitely a family atmosphere up there with all of the coaches, the facilities are great and they have a plan academically to make sure all student-athletes are set up for success."

TYFYS.
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Make Donte say no.. give him Glenns job too if he wants it
  • Options
    MobeyB4AssholesMobeyB4Assholes Member Posts: 878
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Jesus stalker alert.