Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some perspective on this hire and The Real Problem

Congratulations to Jen Cohen for hiring the best high school football coach west of Minneapolis. Reportedly Jen Pushed Hard For Chuck Tarbox of Juanita, Dee Hawkes from Bothell, Monte Kohler, O’Dea, Bill Beattie, Tumwater all quoted family concerns and a lack of commitment from upper campus in declining Jen’s overtures. Which included the complimentary B@&$ J@& from a fatty still wasn’t enough to close the deal.
I just finished watching painfully every snap from Indiana in 2019. Where the UW savior was the OC. ( I don’t give a fuck what Fresno State did) I wanted to see what calls he made with less talent than the other team vs power five. Not as bad as the dip shit Mr Lake but honestly Sark score more points and is a better OC.

The real problem is this. UW’s new coach is a good guy try hard that will soon be so far in over his head vs Riley and The Cuban from Washington’s Mexico that we will assume upper campus ultimate fantasy. 8-5 forever and the funding to just keep the other sports going . And Jen Cohen will keep her job because upper campus doesn’t give a shit boys. This dude shouldn’t last 3 years and should be an OC tops . With Jen at AD he will last 5-8 years. It’s a two team conference and we will never see anything other than the Autozone pedophile bowl . He will never win a recruiting battle vs USC, Oregon or UCLA. It is about the Jimmy and the Joe’s not the X’s and the 0’s. He can’t close.

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    When nothing else matters, I can usually say to myself, "Oh, well. At least it's over."

For some reason, I can't even muster those trite words to combat the doom and gloom I see coming in the dark clouds piling up offshore.

Perhaps, "Well, we could've done a lot worse" can suffice. FML.
  • Options
    ClevdawgClevdawg Member Posts: 118
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    My point exactly
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    So Jimmy Lake wasn't committed to helping the UW students be successful on the field, in the classroom and in their lives after graduation? Love the mask theater. Good thing your dog is vaccinated.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    They were #19 in espn offensive FPI efficiency rating when he was there.
  • Options
    picalogestabopicalogestabo Member Posts: 651
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Clevdawg said:

I just finished watching painfully every snap from Indiana in 2019.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,616
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

They were #19 in espn offensive FPI efficiency rating when he was there.

And look at the differences before and after.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ummmmm....hello. Some of us (me) have been saying the real root of the problem is WeAreAFatLesboSchool. Now more than ever
  • Options
    Swaye, you think Tarbox and Dee wouldn’t do as well as this guy? Ha.. Dude put down the Rose Colored glasses. Riley is going to own this conference along with Super Mario for the next 8 years. Jen didn’t open up the check book. USC finally said fuck it. That’s a problem. Curious as to why you think Riley won’t dominate.
  • Options
    Why would I watch every snap? I wanted see how he makes decisions. I did. Sark was better as an OC. The new coach is a nice guy that is going to get annihilated.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,509
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    Guy reminds me a lot of Tedford and wouldn’t be surprised if he has a similar career at UW as he did at Cal. Gradually become a 7-9 winner get a couple big years, upset USC maybe and play them close a couple times but never really fill out the trophy case. Only thing is can Deboer find and bring in some Marshawn and Desean’s and a Rodgers? Seems unlikely.

The focus should be on trying to own the North. USC probably takes off and you’re glad you now only play them twice every four years and hope you can sneak up on them in a title game.

Problem is Oregon is in the way. I don’t think at least getting competitive with them is impossible. They kind of remind me of UW in 2018 under Pete and lost to Stanford and Utah.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,416
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Clevdawg said:

Why would I watch every snap? I wanted see how he makes decisions. I did. Sark was better as an OC. The new coach is a nice guy that is going to get annihilated.

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,103
    Founders Club
    edited November 2021
    Clevdawg said:

Swaye, you think Tarbox and Dee wouldn’t do as well as this guy? Ha.. Dude put down the Rose Colored glasses. Riley is going to own this conference along with Super Mario for the next 8 years. Jen didn’t open up the check book. USC finally said fuck it. That’s a problem. Curious as to why you think Riley won’t dominate.

Here's 9 reasons why I don't think Riley is all he's cracked up to be. His offense scores points, woopdeefuck. His defenses are also utter shite and they played on the brink all season long. If Oklahoma wasn't dominant in the Big 12, I don't see why he's all of sudden going to be dominant in the PAC. He kept Alex Grinch as DC which brings into question his decision-making skills already. This is a sizzle hire because of his offenses. Do people forget that you also need a defense? USC just gave up 60+ points to UCLA. Good luck fixing that with Alex Grinch.

• Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,416
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    And USC's defense needs MAJOR work.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,509
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

digits said:

And USC's defense needs MAJOR work.

Indeed. That defense is a dumpster fire and there's nothing that indicates Riley and Grinch can fix it. Look at Oklahoma's D every year under Riley/Grinch. It's moldy rotten shit. I don't get it.
    Maybe he’s banking on the Pac-12 QB situation remaining the same as all the top rated ones leave the region other than who he brings to USC?