Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What UW can do to fix the game day experience at Husky Stadium

13»

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Cohen meets with these national “gameday experience consultation” firms and they tell her what sells in today’s PAC-12.

YBE.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HuskyJW said:

LOWER THE FUCKING PRICES

tickets are $6 how badly are you struggling
    Like I hear what you're saying, but you don't attract swaths of people on the resale market. People largely want to plan, not spend Saturday dumpster diving for Husky tickets. At that point they've already found something different.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    College football is different than the NFL. These 'tards who tweet about their black Friday experience need to get that. It's the band *hot* cheerleaders (not sixes), tradition, loud, drunk people in the stands, and a minimum of corporate logos. Ditch all the faggy shit. Some of these nimrods weren't even alive in the early 90s and have no clue.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Once upon a time a TV game was a rarity and when it was going to be on TV we hated it because the crisp flow of the game on a crisp fall afternoon was going to be ruined. If you never watched a game live with no TV timeouts or replay you probably aren't as old as dirt. The band was the star during the radio timeouts and at halftime.

I don't see that ever coming back. I can't even watch a game live on TV they are so disjointed now with fly specking every spot of the ball at midfield and "need to take a look at that" bullshit on every third play. I have to invent game flow with a DVR and a bottle of win

I attended some live games during the epic three year run of Petersen greatness. It just isn't something I would do anymore regardless. If they are great then its great to watch on TV.

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021

HuskyJW said:

LOWER THE FUCKING PRICES

You sound poor
    Very
  • Options
    kanehallkanehall Member Posts: 38
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    godawgst said:

Alpo said:

To UW AD credit they have essentially tried to copy what they saw back at Michigan (Wolverines should send us a invoice for visual consulting services they provided) but it's going to take several seasons and alot more fan friendly pricing in both ticket prices and parking, merch, concessions along with Winning to get UW back to having a full stadium and a ticket that is desired amongst the general public.

For fucks sake, it is 2021 and we have to go to another stadium to figure out how this is done? The athletic department has no fucking clue and that starts from the top. Jen Cowhen's #1 priority is her ego being stroked from fans and boosters-- and all the rest coming out of her and the athletic department's mouthpiece is just something they read on how to 'improve gameday experience' which they don't know from their asshole. A lot of high paid associate athletic directors in tubby graves and no clue what the fuck they are doing while sipping their cocktails from their suites in the greatest setting. The experience at Husky Stadium before the rebuild and when we were tough football was as good as anything, 'Tequila' from the band and the cheerleaders, the siren and helmut car and Beno Bryant up the middle for a 8 yd gain. I'll choose to live in the past. Thank you. Fuck off.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,821
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A friend of mine suggests UW bring in some C.O.W.s (cellular on wheels) for game days to boost cell service.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I haven't been to Husky Stadium since the 2019 Cal debacle but that fucking light band of ad banners around the stadium is the worst fucking thing ever. Getting rid of that piece of shit is a good start.

Winning helps. Having a good team that plays good football helps get better kickoff times. One of the things UW can't change is the time zone. TV deals aren't going away but if they're winning, the networks want to show them so that helps eliminate the 7:30pst kickoffs. We'd still deal with the 4:30pm or 5:00pm start times but that's fuck ton better than starting after 7:00.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

A friend of mine suggests UW bring in some C.O.W.s (cellular on wheels) for game days to boost cell service.

I don't think those were the cows @IrishDawg22 was talking about...