Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm loving the board tonight.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I'm old enough to remember when 6-5 wasn't acceptable in the late 80s. Now 4-8 is okay because he didn't have enough time. Imagine Don James losing to Bowling Green or Pacific.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @RaceBannon and I would have fired Don James in 1988
  • Options
    AlpoAlpo Member Posts: 98
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

Alpo said:

biak1 said:

I don’t feel excited at all because I know UW will fuck it up. It’s what they do every. Single. Time.

Can’t even get hyped for a new coach. At this point I just root for them all to fail.

C’mon man. Sark was a fuckup? Petersen was a fuckup? No way.

Lake was a fuckup.
    Tyrone was a fuckup.

Neheisel took us on an awesome ride and then fucked up so let’s call that one a wash.

I expect everyone will agree with this post.

Yes Sark was a fuck up. Wake up Rip Van Winkle.
    I guess if 7 wins is your definition of success. Alpo is a Loser.
    Coordinator takes over 0-12 team who immediately goes 5-7 and gets to 8-4 while leveling up recruiting. Hands off program to next coach who reaches CFP largely with previous coach’s recruits

In the history of fuckups, that one was pretty good. Unless you labor under the illusion that coaches were beating a path to take over after Willingham left a smoking ruin where a good program used to be.

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Alpo said:

Alpo said:

biak1 said:

I don’t feel excited at all because I know UW will fuck it up. It’s what they do every. Single. Time.

Can’t even get hyped for a new coach. At this point I just root for them all to fail.

Lake was a fuckup.
    Tyrone was a fuckup.

Neheisel took us on an awesome ride and then fucked up so let’s call that one a wash.

Coordinator takes over 0-12 team who immediately goes 5-7 and gets to 8-4 while leveling up recruiting. Hands off program to next coach who reaches CFP largely with previous coach’s recruits

In the history of fuckups, that one was pretty good. Unless you labor under the illusion that coaches were beating a path to take over after Willingham left a smoking ruin where a good program used to be.

FFS!
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Being a fan of this program is the equivalent to having meth addict parents and still hoping for a new Xbox on Christmas morning.

Wish I could chin this a hundred tims.
    twatted
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Alpo said:

Alpo said:

biak1 said:

Lake was a fuckup.
    Tyrone was a fuckup.

He wasn't a huge disaster, but he wasn't that good either. The 2009 team had about five win talent, and they went 5-7. Sark could recruit pretty well. I'll give him that. But those teams were soft, didn't play much defense, and got wrecked by the Arizona schools and LSU, Oregon, and anyone with some talent and coaching.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Being a fan of this program is the equivalent to having meth addict parents and still hoping for a new Xbox on Christmas morning.

twatted
    TYFYS
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

twatted
    TYFYS

Even @GrandpaSankey sees what he did there
  • Options
    Founders Club

twatted
    TYFYS

Keep hoping @Tchip80.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited November 2021
    Fishpo31 said:

Who are the dominant programs? All have one thing in common...the football department runs the athletic department. SC was teetering for a long while, but this hire shows football is back in charge on campus. All of the scandals / shit that has happened in college sports recently, Michigan, tOSU, LSU, ND, Quacks, Iowa, even Pedo State, they never lost leverage. You can bet shit happens at Bama, and it never sees the light of day, and never will unless Saban becomes senile and they want him out.

When the shit went down here, Gerberding (ftg) cracked the whip, and it was over. Babs cooked up the new plan, and "we" became a row boat / softball school. If you are a great coach with a strong AD in tow, a buy in from upper campus, keep the "money" happy, you can get away with a lot of shit that helps you win. For me, "great" coaches smell this out, and they want no part of it, because it is so hard to sustain big success playing it straight up. LSU, Florida, Oklahoma, USC, UW...which one doesn't fit? Not 30 years ago, but now. We wanted a Natty winning, tanned, rested and ready coach to come to our rescue. We got the guy from Fresno. They say "It just matters more" for a reason...

I rarely have inside shit and so unlike Kim I don't try and pretend to. That said, from a particular vantage point I had on campus when I was a student, there was all kinds of shit that went on that got "handled". A lot. You are correct - once the shit hit the fan, the tolerance for it changed dramatically.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

twatted
    TYFYS

Keep hoping @Tchip80.
    I wish I was sophisticated enough to get into the Twatter gaymes. I'd surely fuck it up and embarrass my kids, so creep likes to keep his social media to a minimum. Meaning, this forum and nothing else.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Oh to be PurpleJ with his 99 alts
    He's due for another fit and melt down
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Lather. Rinse. Repeat.