Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DeBoer HC/Tedford OC

Comments

• Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

digits said:

DoogDawg said:

@sonics1993 I don’t know even the ins and outs of the program like you do. It’s not even close. I know next to nothing about anything inside the program. I am fully aware how important recruiting is, but it’s not the end all be all like you believe.

Totally agree it's not everything, but I have seen how these Mountain West coaches operate when they get to the Pac-12, and they try to do the same thing they did in the mountain west, which is why most fail. I'm being an asshole and should LIPO. His staff hirings should tell me a lot, but I was hoping for a more proven coach to be hired. To me, this is just as big of a gamble as hiring Jimmy.
    We are doomed to fail if we try to beat Oregon at Oregon’s game. We aren’t going to consistently pull top 5 recruiting classes (and then fail to develop anyone).

Lots of ways to win - but we had a winning formula with pulling top-15 classes and then actually developing players. I’m a bit concerned about recruiting, but 90% of it is just effort, and that’s it. If the staff puts in the effort, they’ll be fine. Plus, recruiting is transactional now, and if we finally figured out NIL with Montlake Futures, we are good.
    One of my biggest concerns besides recruiting is he's never built a program. This job is a rebuild, as we all saw Friday night. He took over a successful team at the NAIA level and then took over a team with Tedford recruits and had one decent year (Yes, nine wins at the MW level is decent to me). That's a good resume for WSU or Arizona, but it shouldn't be good enough for Washington.
    The year before DeBoer was hired, Fresno St. went 4-8 in 2019, obviously, the same record we? have now. He didn't inherit a winning program.
    Three years before he took over as head coach, 10-4, 12-2, and then 4-8 where Jeff had health problems pop up. It was a winning program. He goes 3-3 his first year and then 9-3 his second year. I would like to see what his record is when he has to bring in his own recruits before giving him the job.
    You know who wasn’t there for the 4-8 season but was there the two successful years prior?

How is Indiana doing on offense without him?
    They actually did well in 2020 ranking fourth in the Big Ten in PPG but fell off this year. I'm not saying he's not a great coordinator but as a head coach, I was hoping for more of a proven commodity.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

We’re so fucked.

this
    Meanwhile USC hits a grand slam. Leave it to TheFatLesboSchool to continue their FatLesboSchool ways.

Good luck the rest of the way.
    They hate you because it’s true
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    SFGbob said:

We’re so fucked.

this
    Meanwhile USC hits a grand slam. Leave it to TheFatLesboSchool to continue their FatLesboSchool ways.

Good luck the rest of the way.
    They hate you because it’s true
    Nobody hates him or wanting a bigger name in the eyes of the media.

Shit is all a crap shoot. Pete was burned out before even accepting the UW job. Started at 8-6, finished at 8-5.

Go back to your finger paintings with the rest of the quooks.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    If DeBoer cant convince Haener to follow him to UW to be the starting QB zero chance he regularly wins recruiting battles against Riley, Oregons NIL program, or other academically prowessed programs.
  • Options
    BowDownDeathRowBowDownDeathRow Member Posts: 41
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Players seem to think it’s Campbell, if it’s DeBoer that’s going to be disappointing for them and probably not be good for the portal odds.
  • Options
    PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

Players seem to think it’s Campbell, if it’s DeBoer that’s going to be disappointing for them and probably not be good for the portal odds.

Source?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Which players? There's a thread on this on Dawgman too but I haven't seen anything on the Twittersphere.
  • Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 465
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Who else could we? have gotten? Campbell doesn’t seem light years ahead and if Florida hired Napier who are we kidding? I’m going with he’s better than Lake for now.
  • Options
    WedgwoodDawgWedgwoodDawg Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes

Which players? There's a thread on this on Dawgman too but I haven't seen anything on the Twittersphere.
    Players have told other students at UW that it is Campbell. Sounds like a game of telephone, but maybe some hope for Campbell.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

Players have told other students at UW that it is Campbell. Sounds like a game of telephone, but maybe some hope for Campbell.
    Academic Prowess right there.

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I have all the screen shots I need

Looks like you're outnumbered on this one

On only this one? Ha
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,350
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like how some of the experts in here who are pissed about the likes of Campbell and DeBoner were spooging recently over the prospects of fucking Kellen Moore.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pm to @swaye. What’s up with the deleted comment?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I didn't delete anything. Well a few hours ago I deleted one of mine because I realized it was stupid, but that's pretty standard for me. Did you have a comment get deleted? If so, it wasn't me. The very few times I have deleted a comment I always leave a note and a reason why.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I didn't delete anything. Well a few hours ago I deleted one of mine because I realized it was stupid, but that's pretty standard for me. Did you have a comment get deleted? If so, it wasn't me. The very few times I have deleted a comment I always leave a note and a reason why.
    You @‘d me in the apparent stupid comment.