Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fight on

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TXDawg said:

Where’s the guy who told me hiring a P5 coach is “rare”?

Me. It is, factually. You're unironically throwing out a singular data point argument. You are intelligent.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,582
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    He will live or die based off of who he hires as DC
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Brilliant move on Riley's part, and now the optics are Oklahoma is a harder sell to prospective coaches because of the impending move to the SEC. Riley could've gone to LSU too. Snubbing the SEC is always special.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited November 2021
    Gladstone said:

TXDawg said:

Me. It is, factually. You're unironically throwing out a singular data point argument. You are intelligent.
    It’s rare because only serious programs can pull it off. The big boys get it done. He ain’t gonna be the last P5 going somewhere else. OU ain’t hiring some G5 wannabe.

We’re about to learn if we want to run among the blue bloods of the sport or be in the also-ran circlejerk. Hold onto your crackers, boys.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,352
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TXDawg said:

Gladstone said:

TXDawg said:

It’s rare because only serious programs can pull it off. The big boys get it done. He ain’t gonna be the last P5 going somewhere else. OU ain’t hiring some G5 wannabe.

We’re about to learn if we want to run among the blue bloods of the sport or be in the also-ran circlejerk. Hold onto your crackers, boys.
    UW hasn’t been a member of the blue bloods in the sport since DJ quit.
  • Options
    JesseisabeastJesseisabeast Member Posts: 60
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Big game Bob Stoops told me it’s ridiculous that people would speculate Lincoln Riley leaving Oklahoma
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,514
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rather get to P12CG facing a legit SC than fucking Colorado or Utah.
  • Options
    2Z42Z4 Member Posts: 23
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    USC recruits itself, all Riley has to worry about is running a program. He'll get at least as much talent as he had at Oklahoma with a clearer path to a CFP.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Mad_Son said:

This brings instant legitimacy to West Coast football. This is second best to us hiring him.

Agree except the part where he is going in deep and dry on us with regularity.
    nttawwt
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    LawDawg1 said:

Alexis said:

Is SC really a better job than OU?

Or does he just really not want to compete in the SEC and figures he’ll coast at SC.

Seems like an interesting move for a winner.

I understand not taking LSU but why would you leave Oklahoma? He has won that conference EVERY year except this oneand it’s better than the Pac 12. Plus he’s been to the playoff 3 times? Which is more than the entire Pac 12 has been combined since it started.
    Disagree. Oklahoma is moving to the SEC. It won’t be the same as the Big 12. The Pac 12 and especially the pac 12 south is a joke. SC will have zero competition every single year for the Pac 12 championship game. And Oregon will be in the title game every year unless UW does something about it. Easy slate to conference championship and playoff every single year. Prove me wrong.
    Correct. You have to play D in the SEC West to even think about competing. Having said that, Oklahoma can put those types of teams together. But you gotta do it or get your ass cleaned. Whereas in the B12, you can fail to do it here and there and sneak in to the CFP and see what you can do. If you lose, you still had a great season. In the SEC West, you just didn't get it done.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Mad_Son said:

This brings instant legitimacy to West Coast football. This is second best to us hiring him.

@Swaye and @Mad_Son are in my top 10 poasters, easily, and alas, they suffer from this particular Husky malady as well.

The next time I piss someone off with my 'Nobody loves USC cockus like a Husky' line of humor, can we just stipulate that a link to this discussion will serve as my res ipsa loquitor and put any resistance to bed?

Imagine Oregon hiring this guy and anyone finding a silver lining. Gents, I love you both dearly, but remember this: just because you put it in your mouth doesn't mean it's not going to be shoved up your ass.

I see no way this benefits anybody but USC if it works ... just like the last time they got lucky with Carol.
    A) Welcome back

B) You couldn't be more right. Fain from KJR was on twitter crowing about how good this is for the Conference. No it's GOOD for USC. How much did the Pac-10 benefit when Pete Carroll ran train on the Conference in the early 2000's. Or Kelly at Oregon, Harbaugh at Stanford, hell even Pete 2016-2018?

Bigger Picture Saban at Bama, Riley/Stoops at OU, Meyer/Day at Ohio State, etc

Think the rest of the ACC went up to Dabo and thanked Clemson for helping all the rest of the football programs last 8 years?????

Hell no. College Football is a friggin ZERO SUM GAME. When one school rises/exceeds expectations/etc it comes at the direct expense of every other school in the conference taking a step back.

You say it best right here.

Imagine Oregon hiring this guy and anyone finding a silver lining. Gents, I love you both dearly, but remember this: just because you put it in your mouth doesn't mean it's not going to be shoved up your ass.

On OU's message boards they expect to lose 3 5 star (including a QB) and a 4 star WR to SC in 2022/2023 that were from Southern Cal to the Trojans. Tell me how that helps anyone else in the conference but USC?

JFC
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Big Dick hire but Riley was handed a well oiled machine and now he is going into a train wreck. It will be interesting.

He will certainly get the top SoCal QB’s and WR’s at USC. He will do well. Recruiting is important, but sometimes it’s like it’s the only important aspect of college football to many when that is so far from the truth.
    He'll recruit his ass off, but next season will test how well he can really coach and set a culture.

Jaxson Dart and the WRs are GOOD, but they'll be losing 4 starters on the OL and the majority of the good players on defense. The cupboard is pretty bare because of how atrocious USC's recruiting classes were in 2019 and 2020. I wouldn't be shocked if he has a Sark-like year 1 because of this.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Mad_Son said:

@Swaye and @Mad_Son are in my top 10 poasters, easily, and alas, they suffer from this particular Husky malady as well.

The next time I piss someone off with my 'Nobody loves USC cockus like a Husky' line of humor, can we just stipulate that a link to this discussion will serve as my res ipsa loquitor and put any resistance to bed?

I see no way this benefits anybody but USC if it works ... just like the last time they got lucky with Carol.
    That was kind of my point you swarthy Cubano! Yep, elevates the Pac-12 in the national discussion a bit but what does that matter when Lincoln is whooping us 54-3? I'd be super surprised if Lincoln doesn't own this conference for the next decade. That guy is a top tier coach. USC finally, after over a decade in the abyss, got their shit together. Hell they probably added two 5 stars yesterday just on the news. Meanwhile, we are letting Campbell turn us down for the 4th time today and keeping DeBoner on ice. lulz

Life as a Husky fan is pain.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Mad_Son said:

That was kind of my point you swarthy Cubano! Yep, elevates the Pac-12 in the national discussion a bit but what does that matter when Lincoln is whooping us 54-3? I'd be super surprised if Lincoln doesn't own this conference for the next decade. That guy is a top tier coach. USC finally, after over a decade in the abyss, got their shit together. Hell they probably added two 5 stars yesterday just on the news. Meanwhile, we are letting Campbell turn us down for the 4th time today and keeping DeBoner on ice. lulz

Life as a Husky fan is pain.
    Ok!!!!!!
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,999
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021

The rumor is he is bringing Grinch with him. Which is a mistake.

Yup. Anyone who was worried that Riley was just going to automatically kill it at SC should realize he has no ability to see who is a good DC and who is not.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    USC telling the world how important football is to a serious school.