Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coaching Search

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,897
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

According to Mike Martin of husky maven looks like we struck out on a potential big hire

that guy's a bag of hot air
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

According to Mike Martin of husky maven looks like we struck out on a potential big hire

I trust @sonics1993 or @AcropolisJr more than everyone else. If Sonics is willing to post more in the wing man forum that alone is worth the price compared to dm etc
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

No way! Man you really have your finger in the pulse in 2021…
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    Swaye said:

I can respect that people feel like this coaching search has turned into a money grab. But, to be fair, I have always been clear for many years that I think pretty much everyone who uses the site regularly should contribute yearly. I've never hidden from that position, and while running the fund drive here for several years have always been very up front and direct in my assertion that freeloaders are fags. This isn't some new thing. I've mocked free beer drinkers for years. It's sort of my thing.

The Wigwam was created years ago as a brainchild of mine and Derek's when we were bullshitting on the phone one day and hit on it. I was drunk as fuck I think, but Derek was sober as a Judge so it was probably his idea. We never saw the Wigwam as "denying anything to anyone." We always saw it as just a small but fun way to say thanks to those who really helped keep the lights on. For years it was mostly just tits and guns and malarkey. A fun place for the board regulars to say even dumber shit than gets said out here. No real value beyond a "treehouse" of sorts for our most loyal degenerates.

A couple years ago Derek and I were thinking about how we could make it more of a "thank you" for our loyal folks who have supported the site for many many years. We hit on the idea of having some paid content (articles and such) that we would pay for from the site and post unabridged in the Wam. We figured it was a nice way for people to more easily justify 129 bucks a year here if they were getting a couple of paid subscriptions to other sites "free." Still, we weren't trying to keep things from all the people who come here, but rather do something special for those who contributed.

Then a booster came here. Again, not with the idea of screwing over non-donators, but more with the idea of actually making that $129 bucks worth something more than just tits and some free articles, we asked him if he could post his most juicy nuggets in the Wam. He still posts some interesting stuff out here on the free beer boreds, but as a small thank you to our loyal contributors he posts his most intriguing stuff in there. And, in some cases it's to protect him as much as provide that thank you. That's why I am so serious about the "what's said in the Wam stays in the Wam." Not much of it, but a small portion, is sometimes of a sensitive nature.

Also, when nothing significant is going on there may only be an "insiders news" post once every couple months. It's not like we have Deep Throat posting weekly all kinds of inside shit. It's sporadic. The Wam is still 90% tits and free articles, and 10% actual inside the program stuff. So that's that. If you want to support the site then we give you a private tree house to view tits and read some free articles you may or may not find interesting. We have a program booster who occasionally posts interesting news and tidbits, but as has been previously mentioned he may quit doing that tomorrow. We don't pay him. He is under no obligation to tell us anything and could quit at any time.

So if you want to contribute do it. If you don't, don't. But when cool shit is happening in there don't think of it like we are "keeping things from you," but instead realize we are trying to do something at least a little bit special for the people who have helped this site out for years and years in many cases.

That's all I have to say about this. I put up some great 1st Nation tits today in honor of White Devil Day. Get some. Fags.

First time I’ve actually heard an explanation of the Wam. And this is from someone who has donated $25 to this shit site with no response to my question of what the Wam sub actually gets you. Thanks @Swaye and fuck off @DerekJohnson.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Surprised we? haven't heard this guy's name mentioned yet:
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Watching the Iowa St game and found out their stadium plays a siren after touchdowns too. It's not over for Campbell!
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Watching the Iowa St game and found out their stadium plays a siren after touchdowns too. It's not over for Campbell!

They have that same annoying electronic banner running in their stadium too. I think I read somewhere that's where we? got the idea.
  • Options
    PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Vorel just gave this one the eyeball emoji that's it wrap it up folks.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    PatsDoog said:

Vorel just gave this one the eyeball emoji that's it wrap it up folks.
    Doogman is asking for a denial from Jen so they can break the exclusive later.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    Founders Club

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Swaye said:

Canadawg said:

Bonedog said:

This breno dude has been Good with info

If he's their main target why aren't they further along in the process? Feels like another program looking for a HC could beat them to it.
    It’s not like he doesn’t know what other jobs are open and hasn’t been contacted by them…maybe the interest is mutual?
    Because he has no agent to do the dirty work. Have to wait until the season is over to submit the over to his lawyer.
    What are you hearing on Campbell? Do we have a legit shot or is he just using us to leverage his USC offer?
    I posted it in the Swaye Wigman forum. I'm trying to keep most of the info there to help Derrick out.
    Lol, that’ll be $10.95 please.

What happens in chat stays in chat.
    Seriously. The irony hurts
    Hey, this place costs money to run. It is pretty ironic, but if you can't see the difference between a bunch of half brains trying to have a romper room run on donations, and Kim's bidness model, then I can't help you. Plus, I just posted tits. Kim doesn't give tits. He gives you a really fat sidekick. Apologies to @CFetters_Nacho_Lover
    It's a little cringey that everyone got their support bucks in then the coaching search comes along and you guys suddenly want everything kept in chat and are pushing for the deluxe car wash now. If the site costs money I legitimately think charging a small fee is less annoying than putting actual relevant football discussions behind a paywall randomly under the guise of a donation based site. Especially when the info is coming from someone who isn't being compensated.

To be clear, no problem with needing to pay the bills just not a fan of how you guys have handled it recently.
    The main source for the relevant info is who chose to post it there.
    Which is fine but I'm talking about the mods supporting and $10.95ing the hell out of it since then. If you want to be a pay to play site then be upfront about it and definitely don't be holding yourself to some higher standard than DM when there isn't even "professional" work being done by this site.
    Exactly. I abide by a principle not to pay for any kind of insider information or special access that has served me well in life.

Also a forum with this much traffic should make money not cost money. My daily browsing is donating to the site not sure why that hasn’t been monetized.
    You don't know how it works. I will take a moment to explain though I know that it probably won't matter. We had a former Google employee attempt to get us into AdWords. We got flagged like 100 times in 24 hours and had the account shut down. The amount of browsing that anyone does here does not unto itself bring in revenue. In the old days it actually used to cost me more, but I have had mostly fixed costs for a few years now.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Swaye said:

Canadawg said:

Bonedog said:

This breno dude has been Good with info

If he's their main target why aren't they further along in the process? Feels like another program looking for a HC could beat them to it.
    It’s not like he doesn’t know what other jobs are open and hasn’t been contacted by them…maybe the interest is mutual?
    Because he has no agent to do the dirty work. Have to wait until the season is over to submit the over to his lawyer.
    What are you hearing on Campbell? Do we have a legit shot or is he just using us to leverage his USC offer?
    I posted it in the Swaye Wigman forum. I'm trying to keep most of the info there to help Derrick out.
    Lol, that’ll be $10.95 please.

What happens in chat stays in chat.
    Seriously. The irony hurts
    Hey, this place costs money to run. It is pretty ironic, but if you can't see the difference between a bunch of half brains trying to have a romper room run on donations, and Kim's bidness model, then I can't help you. Plus, I just posted tits. Kim doesn't give tits. He gives you a really fat sidekick. Apologies to @CFetters_Nacho_Lover
    It's a little cringey that everyone got their support bucks in then the coaching search comes along and you guys suddenly want everything kept in chat and are pushing for the deluxe car wash now. If the site costs money I legitimately think charging a small fee is less annoying than putting actual relevant football discussions behind a paywall randomly under the guise of a donation based site. Especially when the info is coming from someone who isn't being compensated.

To be clear, no problem with needing to pay the bills just not a fan of how you guys have handled it recently.
    The main source for the relevant info is who chose to post it there.
    Which is fine but I'm talking about the mods supporting and $10.95ing the hell out of it since then. If you want to be a pay to play site then be upfront about it and definitely don't be holding yourself to some higher standard than DM when there isn't even "professional" work being done by this site.
    Exactly. I abide by a principle not to pay for any kind of insider information or special access that has served me well in life.

Also a forum with this much traffic should make money not cost money. My daily browsing is donating to the site not sure why that hasn’t been monetized.
    You don't know how it works. I will take a moment to explain though I know that it probably won't matter. We had a former Google employee attempt to get us into AdWords. We got flagged like 100 times in 24 hours and had the account shut down. The amount of browsing that anyone does here does not unto itself bring in revenue. In the old days it actually used to cost me more, but I have had mostly fixed costs for a few years now.
    LOL, thanks for confirming you are clueless.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    Founders Club
    edited November 2021
    This would get me feeling optimistic about UW I think. Even if it ended up failing, at least we're putting our best foot forward.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club

This would get me feeling optimistic about UW I think. Even if it ended up failing, at least we're putting our best foot forward.
    I agree. It’s just hard to accept we’re in a place where we still can’t attract a good P5 HC to come here.