Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coaching Search

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,895
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Swaye said:

Canadawg said:

Bonedog said:

This breno dude has been Good with info

If he's their main target why aren't they further along in the process? Feels like another program looking for a HC could beat them to it.
    It’s not like he doesn’t know what other jobs are open and hasn’t been contacted by them…maybe the interest is mutual?
    Because he has no agent to do the dirty work. Have to wait until the season is over to submit the over to his lawyer.
    What are you hearing on Campbell? Do we have a legit shot or is he just using us to leverage his USC offer?
    I posted it in the Swaye Wigman forum. I'm trying to keep most of the info there to help Derrick out.
    Lol, that’ll be $10.95 please.

What happens in chat stays in chat.
    Seriously. The irony hurts
    Hey, this place costs money to run. It is pretty ironic, but if you can't see the difference between a bunch of half brains trying to have a romper room run on donations, and Kim's bidness model, then I can't help you. Plus, I just posted tits. Kim doesn't give tits. He gives you a really fat sidekick. Apologies to @CFetters_Nacho_Lover
    It's a little cringey that everyone got their support bucks in then the coaching search comes along and you guys suddenly want everything kept in chat and are pushing for the deluxe car wash now. If the site costs money I legitimately think charging a small fee is less annoying than putting actual relevant football discussions behind a paywall randomly under the guise of a donation based site. Especially when the info is coming from someone who isn't being compensated.

To be clear, no problem with needing to pay the bills just not a fan of how you guys have handled it recently.
    The main source for the relevant info is who chose to post it there.
  • Options
    SeadawgSeadawg Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    RTD said:

Seadawg said:

Keep an eye on Kellen Moore. I smell something going on there, or maybe its the turkey cooking.

No HC experience, but would be intriguing. Would be a great pickup for Huard, and has Chris Petersen ties.

Don't know about recruiting though, he'd probably come faily cheap compared to some of these other guys.

Is this where we do a deep dive on Kellens lack of HC experience and questionable desire to recruit?

Is this risky? Absolutely, but you are getting a Washington native. If he's successful probably isn't going to leave. Probably wont be getting paid big money like some of these guys right off the bat. Hes a Petersen guy, he's young and could be here for decades if he works out. As with any coach a lot will depend on whats around him as far as staff.

Its not a slam dunk hire, but it could be a very good hire. Pretty good hire for Sam Huard and future skill players.

I get the concerns, believe me I do, but looking at the coaching landscape and our options. Gotta at least consider it.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Swaye said:

Canadawg said:

Bonedog said:

If he's their main target why aren't they further along in the process? Feels like another program looking for a HC could beat them to it.
    It’s not like he doesn’t know what other jobs are open and hasn’t been contacted by them…maybe the interest is mutual?
    Because he has no agent to do the dirty work. Have to wait until the season is over to submit the over to his lawyer.
    What are you hearing on Campbell? Do we have a legit shot or is he just using us to leverage his USC offer?
    I posted it in the Swaye Wigman forum. I'm trying to keep most of the info there to help Derrick out.

Hey, this place costs money to run. It is pretty ironic, but if you can't see the difference between a bunch of half brains trying to have a romper room run on donations, and Kim's bidness model, then I can't help you. Plus, I just posted tits. Kim doesn't give tits. He gives you a really fat sidekick. Apologies to @CFetters_Nacho_Lover
    It's a little cringey that everyone got their support bucks in then the coaching search comes along and you guys suddenly want everything kept in chat and are pushing for the deluxe car wash now. If the site costs money I legitimately think charging a small fee is less annoying than putting actual relevant football discussions behind a paywall randomly under the guise of a donation based site. Especially when the info is coming from someone who isn't being compensated.

To be clear, no problem with needing to pay the bills just not a fan of how you guys have handled it recently.
    Which is fine but I'm talking about the mods supporting and $10.95ing the hell out of it since then. If you want to be a pay to play site then be upfront about it and definitely don't be holding yourself to some higher standard than DM when there isn't even "professional" work being done by this site.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Let's circle back to it not being about the money because that means its about the money
  • Options
    SeadawgSeadawg Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Seadawg said:

RTD said:

Seadawg said:

Keep an eye on Kellen Moore. I smell something going on there, or maybe its the turkey cooking.

No HC experience, but would be intriguing. Would be a great pickup for Huard, and has Chris Petersen ties.

Don't know about recruiting though, he'd probably come faily cheap compared to some of these other guys.

Is this where we do a deep dive on Kellens lack of HC experience and questionable desire to recruit?

Is this risky? Absolutely, but you are getting a Washington native. If he's successful probably isn't going to leave. Probably wont be getting paid big money like some of these guys right off the bat. Hes a Petersen guy, he's young and could be here for decades if he works out. As with any coach a lot will depend on whats around him as far as staff.

Its not a slam dunk hire, but it could be a very good hire. Pretty good hire for Sam Huard and future skill players.

I get the concerns, believe me I do, but looking at the coaching landscape and our options. Gotta at least consider it.
    Moore is one of the hottest up and coming coaches in the NFL and will probably get HC consideration after this season. Why the fuck would he go coach a middle college team he had no ties to? If he's coaching in Seattle next year it'll be at Lumen Field.
    He was reportedly torn last year about coming to UW AS THE OC. Why wouldnt he consider the HC job?
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    doogville said:

You gotta get one of them thar badges under your name to find it.

Ah need to donate or post more?
    https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/91733/if-you-wish-to-support-the-site-and-join-swayes-wigwam#latest
    Is the 129 donation yearly for this wigman thing or a one time deal? And how often will @sonics1993 post there? I can see it being a good deal for me.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

doogville said:

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/91733/if-you-wish-to-support-the-site-and-join-swayes-wigwam#latest
    Is the 129 donation yearly for this wigman thing or a one time deal? And how often will @sonics1993 post there? I can see it being a good deal for me.
    Yearly.
    No guarantee. He's not affiliated with this site.
    Enjoy.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 784
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

doogville said:

Yearly.
    Enjoy.
    @sonics1995 true?

No point in steering now.

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Swaye said:

Canadawg said:

Bonedog said:

Which is fine but I'm talking about the mods supporting and $10.95ing the hell out of it since then. If you want to be a pay to play site then be upfront about it and definitely don't be holding yourself to some higher standard than DM when there isn't even "professional" work being done by this site.
    Exactly. I abide by a principle not to pay for any kind of insider information or special access that has served me well in life.

Also a forum with this much traffic should make money not cost money. My daily browsing is donating to the site not sure why that hasn’t been monetized.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Seadawg said:

Seadawg said:

RTD said:

Seadawg said:

Moore is one of the hottest up and coming coaches in the NFL and will probably get HC consideration after this season. Why the fuck would he go coach a middle college team he had no ties to? If he's coaching in Seattle next year it'll be at Lumen Field.
    He was reportedly torn last year about coming to UW AS THE OC. Why wouldnt he consider the HC job?
    That was because Jason Garrett got fired and Moore's future with the Cowboys was up in the air. Jerry made McCarthy keep Moore on as OC and the rest is history. If he wanted to coach college he would've taken the Boise job last year.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Mad_Son said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Swaye said:

Canadawg said:

Bonedog said:

Exactly. I abide by a principle not to pay for any kind of insider information or special access that has served me well in life.

Also a forum with this much traffic should make money not cost money. My daily browsing is donating to the site not sure why that hasn’t been monetized.
    Repo repo repo!
    Always keep you’re back to the wall & face to the door.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,112
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Canadawg said:

doogville said:

Yearly.
    Enjoy.
    You want dick pics? Fine!

Dick pics in the wam!!

• Options
    PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Bonedog said:

Not sure how our AD thinks we have a realistic shot at Campbell when he's turned down bigger college and nfl jobs previously. Then again im a poor with no sources so ill defer to the wam folk for this.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    PatsDoog said:

Bonedog said:

Not sure how our AD thinks we have a realistic shot at Campbell when he's turned down bigger college and nfl jobs previously. Then again im a poor with no sources so ill defer to the wam folk for this.
    It's a longshot for sure and I think we'll ultimately end up with DeBoer but I do think UW has some attractive factors

-Generational QB on the roster with 4 years of eligibility left
    -Talented roster that is built to win now
    -Less media and booster pressure than USC and LSU
    -Hall of Fame coach involved with the AD who could serve as a mentor
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

doogville said:

Yearly.
    Enjoy.
    Sounds like you care.

• Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 465
    Pay of you want don’t pay if you don’t I’m paying for my cool achievement badge