Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coaching Search

Comments

• Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You gotta get one of them thar badges under your name to find it.

Ah need to donate or post more?
    https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/91733/if-you-wish-to-support-the-site-and-join-swayes-wigwam#latest
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I also love from that Wilner piece that Donte Williams is telling the USC players that he has been hired as the permanent HC.

Nobody believes that … other than maybe Donte Williams

He ain’t helping himself getting hired elsewhere by doing that if true
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Fwiw, Fleenor is really pessimistic about our chances of landing Campbell and is pushing for Wilcox.

He's coming here.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bonedog said:

This breno dude has been Good with info

If he's their main target why aren't they further along in the process? Feels like another program looking for a HC could beat them to it.
    It’s not like he doesn’t know what other jobs are open and hasn’t been contacted by them…maybe the interest is mutual?
    Because he has no agent to do the dirty work. Have to wait until the season is over to submit the over to his lawyer.
    What are you hearing on Campbell? Do we have a legit shot or is he just using us to leverage his USC offer?
    I posted it in the Swaye Wigman forum. I'm trying to keep most of the info there to help Derrick out.
    Lol, that’ll be $10.95 please.

What happens in chat stays in chat.
    Seriously. The irony hurts
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I also love from that Wilner piece that Donte Williams is telling the USC players that he has been hired as the permanent HC.

Holy shit
    What’s next: Williams has told recruits that he’s getting the permanent job, according to a source immersed in the recruiting world. How he came to that conclusion, we cannot say. But it’s not happening. Yes, the Trojans would love to keep him, but not as the head coach.

Modern USC gotta do their messy ass thing
  • Options
    Wilner is like your limp-dick neighbor whose hapless wife you service while he's taking his son's Boy Scouts troop on a "camping" trip to Capitol Hill.

Wilner doesn't know jack shit about football, but he's become the the go-to expert on the Pac-12 because there literally is nobody else and so "sources" who can't help themselves tell him shit.

Basically, a taller, less annoying version of Ken Griswold.

• Options
    SeadawgSeadawg Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Keep an eye on Kellen Moore. I smell something going on there, or maybe its the turkey cooking.

No HC experience, but would be intriguing. Would be a great pickup for Huard, and has Chris Petersen ties.

Don't know about recruiting though, he'd probably come faily cheap compared to some of these other guys.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Seadawg said:

Keep an eye on Kellen Moore. I smell something going on there, or maybe its the turkey cooking.

No HC experience, but would be intriguing. Would be a great pickup for Huard, and has Chris Petersen ties.

Don't know about recruiting though, he'd probably come faily cheap compared to some of these other guys.

Ugh. Fuck that.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Seadawg said:

Based on what?
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Quite possibly the worst CFB article I’ve ever read. You all covered UW, AZ and SC.

If Cristobal leaves Oregon it will be because one of the Florida schools will be dumb enough to pay him 7-9 million a year to do there what he does at Oregon. Recruit like a motherfucker and then stink the place out with his football.

The the current “ceiling” at Oregon is his fault not the Programs. This guy should have won the North from Joe Moorhead’s hospital bed, blindfolded.

Losing to Utah was just like Oregon losing to ASU 2 years ago. They get highly ranked, the media is gargling their @Ballz, Christoballz is getting mentioned for high profile jobs and boom, they fall flat on their faces.
    The ridiculous Oregon hype machine is a double-edged sword.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 784
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Seadawg said:

Is this where we do a deep dive on Kellens lack of HC experience and questionable desire to recruit?

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RTD said:

Seadawg said:

Is this where we do a deep dive on Kellens lack of HC experience and questionable desire to recruit?

Not only that but he’s showing signs of poor playcalling, which is supposed to be his strength. Do we really want another OC who abandons the run in close, winnable games when the opponent has not shown it can consistently stop it?
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Canadawg said:

Bonedog said:

This breno dude has been Good with info

If he's their main target why aren't they further along in the process? Feels like another program looking for a HC could beat them to it.
    It’s not like he doesn’t know what other jobs are open and hasn’t been contacted by them…maybe the interest is mutual?
    Because he has no agent to do the dirty work. Have to wait until the season is over to submit the over to his lawyer.
    What are you hearing on Campbell? Do we have a legit shot or is he just using us to leverage his USC offer?
    I posted it in the Swaye Wigman forum. I'm trying to keep most of the info there to help Derrick out.
    Lol, that’ll be $10.95 please.

What happens in chat stays in chat.
    Seriously. The irony hurts
    Hey, this place costs money to run. It is pretty ironic, but if you can't see the difference between a bunch of half brains trying to have a romper room run on donations, and Kim's bidness model, then I can't help you. Plus, I just posted tits. Kim doesn't give tits. He gives you a really fat sidekick. Apologies to @CFetters_Nacho_Lover
    It's a little cringey that everyone got their support bucks in then the coaching search comes along and you guys suddenly want everything kept in chat and are pushing for the deluxe car wash now. If the site costs money I legitimately think charging a small fee is less annoying than putting actual relevant football discussions behind a paywall randomly under the guise of a donation based site. Especially when the info is coming from someone who isn't being compensated.

To be clear, no problem with needing to pay the bills just not a fan of how you guys have handled it recently.