Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Petersen likes Campbell and Aranda for the Huskies

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mad_Son said:

"He added that Cal’s Justin Wilcox and Oregon State’s Jonathan Smith would also be targets."

FYFMFE

Pete is helping Wilcox and Smith squeeze their bosses for raises.

Just like agents telling these media dipshits that UW is in the hunt for Aranda and Campbell.

UW's place in line gonna be determined by how much money Cohen brings to the table

• Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021
    haie said:

LawDawg1 said:

So we are now accepting Babushka? WTF. Will Babushka beat Oregon, Utah, and SC year in or year out or just once is a while. Is that what we want/need? If so, the dumbing down of expectations has won. Mission accomplished there.

With UW talent and finding another Jefferson and pounding the rock?

He would have to suck ass at recruiting not to have UW contending every year. Fired his DC at fucking Beavlet for losing a few games.

We're accepting a Fresneck coach who isn't exactly dominating the MW. 3 other teams have his conference record with, according to this board, mediocre coaches.
    Jonathan Smith ain’t coming. He’s had plenty of experience with UW’s entitled fanbase.

Dude would be a solid hire considering what he’s done at OSU in a short period of time.

Methinks he’s a Beaver to the core, though.

OSU has been a grave yard for head coaches over the past 50 years, exempting Mike Riley (part of his tenures) and Dennis Erickson.

Look what it did to Gary Anderson, after his success at Wisconsin and Utah State.

Babushka was the QB that put OSU back on the map.

Walk-on and 4 year starter at OSU.

Smart, smart guy IMHO.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,637
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Smith would be pretty good at UW. I don't doubt it for a moment. He'd win a big game here and there, beat on the bad teams, and drop 1-2 per year to teams he should beat. Solid results and may even touch the edge of greatness once in 20 years.

I think you have to shoot higher, even if that means more risk (like DeBoner).
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    trublue said:

haie said:

LawDawg1 said:

So we are now accepting Babushka? WTF. Will Babushka beat Oregon, Utah, and SC year in or year out or just once is a while. Is that what we want/need? If so, the dumbing down of expectations has won. Mission accomplished there.

He would have to suck ass at recruiting not to have UW contending every year. Fired his DC at fucking Beavlet for losing a few games.

We're accepting a Fresneck coach who isn't exactly dominating the MW. 3 other teams have his conference record with, according to this board, mediocre coaches.
    Jonathan Smith ain’t coming. He’s had plenty of experience with UW’s entitled fanbase.

Dude would be a solid hire considering what he’s done at OSU in a short period of time.

OSU has been a grave yard for head coaches over the past 50 years, exempting Mike Riley and Dennis Erickson.

Look what it did to Gary Anderson, after his success at Wisconsin and Utah State.

Babushka was the QB that put OSU back on the map.

Walk-on and 4 year starter at OSU.

Smart, smart guy.
    Agree he’s not coming. Agreed he probably hates our fanbase. Agreed he’s a beav.

Gary Anderson quit Wisconsin to fail at Oregon State and quit. Horrible example. And Riley and Dennis Erickson, for their tenures, isn’t half bad. Bad take.

• Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021
    MelloDawg said:

Smith and Wilcox are the same to me. Why do people like Smith? Because he’s offensively-minded and we have a shitcan offense?

Babushka has the “it” factor.

Some people are great position coaches; some are great coordinators; very few have the tools to be a successful head coach.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    My guesses right now:

LSU - Dave Aranda

USC - Lane Kiffin

UW - Kalen DeBoer or Dave Clawson (don't see UW paying the buyouts of other, less attractive coaches like Harsin, Hafley, or Wilcox).

Florida - Billy Napier

Luke Fickell and Matt Campbell stay where they are as Fickell wants for tOSU, ND, or Michigan job to open up and Matt Campbell also waits (may also consider Nebraska if Scott Frost gets the boot after 2022).
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,165
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

My guesses right now:

LSU - Dave Aranda

USC - Lane Kiffin

UW - Kalen DeBoer or Dave Clawson (don't see UW paying the buyouts of other, less attractive coaches like Harsin, Hafley, or Wilcox).

Florida - Billy Napier

Luke Fickell and Matt Campbell stay where they are as Fickell wants for tOSU, ND, or Michigan job to open up and Matt Campbell also waits (may also consider Nebraska if Scott Frost gets the boot after 2022).

I think Washington has a better shot at Kiffin than USC and I think they have zero shot
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,548
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

haie said:

LawDawg1 said:

This is the dumbest shit I've ever read.

JFC Oregon people are myopic. Sure dude he's right about to get on his yacht with fancy coffee and 10x easier recruiting, but then hears the Beavlet fight song and changes his mind and goes back to begging players off the transfer portal or taking skill guys UW dropped and eating reser potato salad.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Didn’t Petersen likes Lake for Huskies?
  • Options
    trublue said:

MelloDawg said:

Smith and Wilcox are the same to me. Why do people like Smith? Because he’s offensively-minded and we have a shitcan offense?

Babushka has the “it” factor.

LOLOLOLOL. Holy shit! Mrs Smith, time to log off.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

My guesses right now:

LSU - Dave Aranda

USC - Lane Kiffin

Florida - Billy Napier

USC already fired Kiffen on the tarmac. What do they need to do this time?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,883
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    lame kitten? lol
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mad_Son said:

"He added that Cal’s Justin Wilcox and Oregon State’s Jonathan Smith would also be targets."

FYFMFE

Just like agents telling these media dipshits that UW is in the hunt for Aranda and Campbell.

UW's place in line gonna be determined by how much money Cohen brings to the table

Let's say that's what he's doing. Does Jen know that's what he's doing? Because I could see her hiring Wilcocks thinking it's an endorsement.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,367
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mad_Son said:

FYFMFE

Let's say that's what he's doing. Does Jen know that's what he's doing? Because I could see her hiring Wilcocks thinking it's an endorsement.
    Based on the body of evidence presented thus far, I would have to say Jen is oblivious.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Smith is perfect for OSU. He would be a disaster at Washington.