Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Current buzz - momentum building for Hafley

would be news met with mixed feelings on this board.

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    Pardon me while I snore. If this happens, and I pray it doesn't, he better bring in fucking Kellen Moore as OC.

What They Are Saying About Jeff Hafley

Ryan Day, Ohio State Head Coach: “I’ve spent a lot of time at Boston College and I do know that Jeff and his family are going to fit in incredibly well with, and enhance, the core values of the university. Jeff is an excellent coach. He is energetic, and he is an excellent recruiter. He is going to make Boston College proud.”

Joel Klatt, FOX Sports: “Coach Hafley is one of the best young coaches I have been around in my career. His love of the game is evident and his passion for his players and their development is always apparent. The job he and the defensive staff did at Ohio State this year was tremendous, and I expect coach Hafley to have a similar impact for Boston College.”

John Lynch, San Francisco 49ers General Manager: “Jeff Hafley is an excellent football mind and a tremendous leader. He has a special enthusiasm for teaching young men about football and through the process, life. I am thrilled for Jeff, his wife Gina and their family as they start an exciting chapter. BC got a great one.”

Richard Sherman, San Francisco 49ers: “His preparation is some of the best I’ve seen. I’ve had some great defensive back coaches, some great defensive coaches and defensive minds. He is right up there with his preparation and how he breaks down film … how easy and simple he makes the game plan sound and how easy he makes it for guys to understand. He paints a very vivid picture of what you are going to see and [then] it’s all about execution.”

Dave Wannstedt, FOX Sports (Former Head Coach at Pitt): “Jeff is the perfect coach to take BC to the top of the ACC. He understands the importance of relationships on all levels with players, university personnel and high school coaches in the community. Jeff has a sincere commitment to helping players reach their highest potential both on and off the field. That combination is what wins championships.”
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,601
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Stop with the Kellen Moore fantasy. Stoops is more likely to happen.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Why would Kellen Moore take a downward move? I don't know where people are getting this from.

You mean Kellen Moore, the guy who already turned down our OC job two years ago, and in the time since has emerged as one of the best young coordinators in the NFL, and is on the short list for a NFL head coaching job?

At this point he'd laugh in Jen's face if she offered him our HC spot.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why would Kellen Moore take a downward move? I don't know where people are getting this from.

It was an attempt at sarcasm. Or exaggeration. Or sarcastic exaggeration. Point being, if UW hires an essentially unproven head coach with defensive abundance, it better damn well hire an OC with Asperger's.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'd take Hafley over Wilcox or Sitake.

That limb you're on is girthy.
  • Options
    PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2021
    I don't hate it, but its not the home run hire that the AD needs. It's a solid double at best.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Infield fly rule hire

Sacrifice bunt

Double steal
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021

Infield fly rule hire

Sacrifice bunt

Double steal

I don’t do baseball. Are you trying to say this is the same as a HB dive into an 8 man box? Or a QB sneak on 4th and 3?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm thinking empty net goal with two minutes to play in a game that has no bearing on the standings.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

Infield fly rule hire

Sacrifice bunt

Double steal

I don’t do baseball. Are you trying to say this is the same as a HB dive into an 8 man box? Or a QB sneak on 4th and 3?
    More like a free kick after a fair catch
  • Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Who da fuq is Hafely? He poast here?
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    He has really improved BC's recruiting but why is BC doing worse this year, in Hafley's 2nd season, than BC did last year?

I'm concerned Cohen (or people advising her) are focusing on coaches coming from good academic schools like Boston College and Wake Forest rather than hiring the best fit for the job. Petersen came from Boise State and Don James came from Kent State so who cares if Campbell comes from Iowa State, DeBoer from Fresno State, and Aranda from Baylor?

For instance, one of the draws of HWSNBN is that he coached at Stanford and Notre Dame but he was a total disaster.

In short, JUST WIN BABY.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

He has really improved BC's recruiting but why is BC doing worse this year, in Hafley's 2nd season, than BC did last year?

I'm concerned Cohen (or people advising her) are focusing on coaches coming from good academic schools like Boston College and Wake Forest rather than hiring the best fit for the job. Petersen came from Boise State and Don James came from Kent State so who cares if Campbell comes from Iowa State, DeBoer from Fresno State, and Aranda from Baylor?

For instance, one of the draws of HWSNBN is that he coached at Stanford and Notre Dame but he was a total disaster.

In short, JUST WIN BABY.

I wondered the same thing. Found out His starting qb was injured most of the year which has likely cost them a couple of games. Still no rule against developing a backup which they didn’t do.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,601
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

HFNY said:

In short, JUST WIN BABY.

I wondered the same thing. Found out His starting qb was injured most of the year which has likely cost them a couple of games. Still no rule against developing a backup which they didn’t do.
    He just needs more time to get his guys in there.