Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fire Gregory

He contributes nothing positive.

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Bleach the program
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,499
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    4 unforced turnovers. Even the interception because McMillan doesn't fight for shit.
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Fire the whole staff.

Let the kids roll in to Apple Cup Lord of the Flies style
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,525
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Bleach the program

And my anus
    Paging @BleachedAnusDawg
    Best way to remove shit stains.
  • Options
    Firing Bob on the tarmac would be priceless.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

haie said:

4 unforced turnovers. Even the interception because McMillan doesn't fight for shit.

This is a pattern on him
    O’Brien could come in and throw 4 picks 6’s and I still wouldn’t be mad. Clean house, get Morris out. Bring in a dual threat to compete with Huard and go from there.
    Get Barriere from Eastern imo
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    We have no chance against Cuog
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

haie said:

This is a pattern on him
    I was the first to point this out

Like always
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yes we do. It’s two shitty teams.

If the Cuogs have McIntosh and Borghi 30 carries combined, we will get shredded.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited November 2021

Let the kids roll in to Apple Cup Lord of the Flies style

The ultimate Interim Head Coach game. I’ll take UW +14.5.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

If the Cuogs have McIntosh and Borghi 30 carries combined, we will get shredded.
    Mike Leach's obsession with the Air Raid ain't walking through that door anytime soon
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,499
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mike Leach's obsession with the Air Raid ain't walking through that door anytime soon
    DeLaura throws rainbows that our D can pick off similar to what they did to Garbers, and Borghi is overrated.

They're a better team but this is setting up like 2015 where it might not matter.
  • Options
    ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    SI https://www.si.com/college/washington/football/gregory-says-he-has-to-work-until-hes-90

Bob Gregory on His Future: 'Going to Have to Work Until I'm like 90'

The UW interim coach likely won't return, but he's not done coaching.

Bob Gregory is like your favorite uncle. Self-deprecating and funny, he's the kind of guy who shows up at your Little League game when your dad can't make it. He's a ready and welcome stand-in.

For three weeks now, the defensive coordinator has been the face of Husky football after it went sideways, stepping in for the suspended and then fired Jimmy Lake.

Gregory, 57, has been that reassuring figure at the University of Washington who tells everyone, from the players to the media, that things will be all right even as he faces the prospect of putting his house up for sale and moving away.

He was the one on the coaching staff who athletic director Jen Cohen felt most comfortable with in putting behind the steering wheel of the school's biggest sporting enterprise, at least temporarily.

While the Huskies have lost both games where Gregory was in charge, he's left a positive impression in the way he's conducted himself in an otherwise impossible situation.

Now in his 35th year of coaching after graduating from Washington State, his Apple Cup opponent on Friday, Gregory has never been more than a defensive coordinator at Boise State, California and the UW among his various stops. Being a head coach never crossed his mind.

"To be honest, I never thought about it," Gregory said. "I always enjoyed the role with where I'm at."

Once a difficult season ends, the Spokane native and eight UW coaches won't go out recruiting, won't be thinking about the Huskies' future, won't necessarily have a happy holidays.

They'll be waiting to hear who the school hires as Lake's replacement and a few might be considered for the new staff to keep some continuity in place.

Gregory most likely is moving on. Most new coaches tend to bring in their own hand-picked coordinators.

The Husky interim coach, however, won't be retiring. He'll be coaching somewhere next season, explaining why as only he can explain it.

"I have a freshman in college and a junior in high school," Gregory said. "I'm going to have to work until I'm like 90 probably, so I have a ways to go."