Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is Jimmy worse than Willingham?

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Jimmy is the worst
    I think it's tough to compare since Jimmy never even coached a full season. But I like to guess how this program would look after year four under Jimmy and would conclude it would mirror Ty. given the talent level Jimmy had to start with vs Ty, puts Jimmy over the top.
  • Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 992
    edited November 2021
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Jimmy is the worst

If Jimmy was given more tim, he might have surpassed Willingham.

But Willingham was worse because he was actively contemptuous of winning football and the people who gave a shit about the program. And he knew how to butter his bread with the administration to keep him around as long as possible. Just a conniving snake of a human who willfully tanked this program.

Jimmy is just a reckless dumbass. He has no tact, is hilariously inept at playing the politics that are needed in this profession, and made himself very disposable because of it. If only Willingham had made himself that disposable.

Jimmy is Helfrich without Mariota
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

James left it better than he found it.

Lambo left it worse.

Slick Rick ... flip a coin.

Gilby left it much worse.

Willingham, well it was the same pile of shit when he left.

Sark left it better

Petersen left it better.

Lake, left it (arguably?) worse than what Pete inherited fom Sark — in less than 2 years.

This is an odd way of looking at it because it basically makes Willingham neutral and Sark positive when the reality is any average coach would have done much better starting with what they started with.

It's not hard to go from bad to mediocre. Ty couldn't even do that. Sark managed it.

That's not success though.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    edited November 2021
    Jimmy is the worst

If Jimmy was given more tim, he might have surpassed Willingham.

But Willingham was worse because he was actively contemptuous of winning football and the people who gave a shit about the program. And he knew how to butter his bread with the administration to keep him around as long as possible. Just a conniving snake of a human who willfully tanked this program.

Jimmy is just a reckless dumbass. He has no tact, is hilariously inept at playing the politics that are needed in this profession, and made himself very disposable because of it. If only Willingham had made himself that disposable.

Jimmy is Helfrich without Mariota
    That's an insult to Helfrich. Even without Mariota I think he would've kept the machine going for a few years. Losing Aliotti and promoting Pellum was when the wheels started to fall off.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    Willingham is the worst
    As bad as Jimmy's trajectory was, I can't imagine him ever pulling off 0-12
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Jimmy is the worst
    Strictly from a Head Coach perspective it would be Jimmy. As others have mentioned he inherited a decent program with a good amount of talent. Yet he drove it straight off a cliff. It was even evident last year but we had a couple miracle wins that saved his ass. Jimmy did a lot of good here but he was a monumental failure as a HC.

Plus Ty gave us this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxUIczVCsnA
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Jimmy is the worst

Well the OP's question doesn't say anything about head coach. Jimmy recruited and developed several sensational DBs who went to the NFL. So Willingham was worse. In terms of damage to the program, Willingham and Gilby were neck-and-neck. As DNC said, if given another year or so, Jimmy might have entered the Ty/Gilby pantheon

Praise allah for the walk on that got him fired
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,308
    Willingham is the worst
    Jimmy had the decency to LEAVE after 13 games
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Jimmy is the worst

Dude was forced out, he has no decency. Dude is a POS
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    Willingham is the worst
    Willingham for sure. When he took over, there was literally nowhere for the program to go but up. But somehow, he found a way to make it worse.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,398 Founders Club
    Willingham is the worst

FireCohen said:

Dude was forced out, he has no decency. Dude is a POS
    He also didn’t call the NAACP and start crying when told he was being fired (that we know of).

Ty is worse and Jimmy gets a pass unless @DerekJohnson ends up writing a book about him at which time I’ll reconsider my vote.

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,926 Swaye's Wigwam
    Willingham is the worst
    Tough to say. Good arguments for both. Jimmy needed more time to get his owen in there. I'm reminded that it took Ty four years.