Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"I Saw Factors"

Bull shit Jen. This was external pressure and you know it, and we know it, and you know that we know that you know it.

She does not fire him but for the external pressure that came from hitting the kid in the face mask. I've seen the clip again, and honestly, there is no denying he struck him in the face, probably with the palm of his hand. Woody Hayes isn't walking through that door any tim soon. The days of being able to grab a kid by the face mask, shake his head around and scream "are you fucking stupid?!?!?!," which the Bobcat coaches did frequently, are over.

From what I've been hearing, twist if you want, the "we want to win" crowd isn't the crowd that leaned on her. It was the "he's embarrassing the university" crowd. Maybe they are one in the same at the end of the day, albeit for different reasons. I know one thing: nobody would GAF about it if he were winning. But there is a crowd out there that would. Either way, he was done last week.

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Sounds like Pete advised her
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,100
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

In retrospect, Jimmy was done the second the Oregon president felt inclined to respond to his academic prowess smack. That's the kind of shit that embarrasses an otherwise apathetic upper campus.

Yeah I think that comment hasn't gotten enough credit in this whole thing. Obviously the Ruperake thing was all the PWOOF UW needed to move on but I think the academically prowess garbage had upper campus on edge and made it much easier to move quickly when he started getting violent.

I love @dtd's post about us caring but I really think Jimmy completed a perfect storm of self destruction that did the needful for us.

If this was just about on the field stuff we're still screaming he needs to go for another three years.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

In retrospect, Jimmy was done the second the Oregon president felt inclined to respond to his academic prowess smack. That's the kind of shit that embarrasses an otherwise apathetic upper campus.

Yeah I think that comment hasn't gotten enough credit in this whole thing. Obviously the Ruperake thing was all the PWOOF UW needed to move on but I think the academically prowess garbage had upper campus on edge and made it much easier to move quickly when he started getting violent.

I love @dtd's post about us caring but I really think Jimmy completed a perfect storm of self destruction that did the needful for us.

If this was just about on the field stuff we're still screaming he needs to go for another three years.
    I think the Donovan stuff was enough he was going to get fired next year unless he hired a top shelf OC the second time around which feels really unlikely.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,100
    Founders Club
    edited November 2021
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I think the Donovan stuff was enough he was going to get fired next year unless he hired a top shelf OC the second time around which feels really unlikely.
    Yes, but my little quip wouldn't have been quite as drole had I written one or two more years.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

100% this

Stay in your lane