Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What I’m hearing

Comments

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    had a pretty good run when he was at fresno as well.

i really really wanted him but instead we? hired ty.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I'd take Wilcox as HC, Tedford as OC, Peter Sirmon and Tosh as Co-DCs.
  • Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Where is Tosh?
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Bonedog said:

Where is Tosh?

coachin with urban. if that doesnt scream 'urb goin back to college' then i dont know what does.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Given what we've had, I would be excited about Tedford.
  • Options
    2Z42Z4 Member Posts: 23
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Coaching searches are hard. You either have to find someone really good who's previously gone undiscovered, or you're recycling a guy who's (most of the time) looked bad somewhere else and you think your situation can be the right combo to make him good. Wilcox and Tedford have both looked like they can coach at times, Tedford over a longer timeline. But how about option 3 - none of the above?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    2Z4 said:

Coaching searches are hard. You either have to find someone really good who's previously gone undiscovered, or you're recycling a guy who's (most of the time) looked bad somewhere else and you think your situation can be the right combo to make him good. Wilcox and Tedford have both looked like they can coach at times, Tedford over a longer timeline. But how about option 3 - none of the above?

Tedford with UW's resources intrigues me.
  • Options
    YimmyFakeYimmyFake Member Posts: 19
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    If UW hires Wilcox, it’s pulling the cord. Jeebus, hiring an Oregon grad from Junction City lol. No mind that the fella has been an abject failure at foobaw coaching.
  • Options
    YimmyFakeYimmyFake Member Posts: 19
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited November 2021

2Z4 said:

2Z4 said:

If he wasn't 60 years old with a history of heart problems that caused him to stop coaching, I'd feel the same.

That's a fair rebuttal. But there are workarounds...

Is it me or every second glance I see a consuela pulling up her pants?
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405

2Z4 said:

Same here.

His peak is a Holiday Bowl win. (And two losses.)

I can’t believe this is happening.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wilcox is probably reaching out to schools for obvious reasons and hoping that his handful of wins over the top schools the last 2-3 seasons can convince someone. Plus because he was at Cal he kept bleeding his best assistants.

I think even UW knows they can't afford to take a risk on a guy whose best year equalled one of Pete's worst years in a 3 way tie for 2nd in the north.

I don't think he's a bad coach but I don't want a west coast offense. I guess he could put up points at times when Garbers was on.