Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The House that Jen Built - 2021

Football team loses opener at home to FCS Montana (UW was a 23 point favorite)

Basketball team loses opener to Northern Illinois (UW was a 20 point favorite)

Comments

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Total fucking clown show
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,602
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    What about rowing?
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Give em a break, they're new playing together they can't shoot that bad every game. Once they get through first half of conf play, expect the team to start to jell.

I mean you can't expect many wins with this many transfers hop was forced to go after.

QPon alone though should make us 5-6pts better than last year.

CBI this season would be huge for all the senior transfers we have send em out on a high note
  • Options
    ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Basketball season has begun as well...NIU was 3-16 last season.

Final: UW 64 NIU 71 https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401364992

So much for the cup cake OOC schedule. Poor shooting all the way around doomed the UW in this game:
    • UW FG 20-75 (26%)
    • UW 3FG 3-18 (16%)
    • UW FT 21-36 (58%)
    In comparison NIU shot:
    • NIU FG 21-48 (43%)
    • NIU 3FG 12-23 (52%)
    • NIU FT 17-25 (68%)
    UW outrebounded NIU 51-37 while they also had 12 steals, 12 turnovers, 6 blocks but only 4 assists total as a team.

I wonder how much time does Mike Hopkins spend on ft shooting in practices? Also, can Mike Hopkins identify good shooters (FG/FT/3FG) when recruiting players and/or develop them into shooters? Bey, Bajema and Roberts look pretty much the same the players- how well does Mike Hopkins develop players that stay 3-4 years in the program? Is Riley Sorn, who was on the bench in street clothes, injured? His size in the paint would have helped out a lot against a smallish NIU team.

The UW's next opponent, Northern Arizona, lost 81-52 to Arizona tonight. The UW should beat NAU on Thursday but I thought the same concerning tonight's opponent.

• Options
    ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Basketball season has begun as well...NIU was 3-16 last season. The MBB program has been falling a part the past two seasons but now with the football program falling a part more people will notice the totality of Jen's head coaching hires. The WBB program has a new head coach this season after Jen's hire of Jody Wynn fell flat as well. Anyone notice a pattern here? Is Jen up to the task? Greg Lewis for UW AD!!!

Final: UW 64 NIU 71 https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401364992

So much for the cup cake OOC schedule. Poor shooting all the way around doomed the UW in this game:
    • UW FG 20-75 (26%)
    • UW 3FG 3-18 (16%)
    • UW FT 21-36 (58%)
    In comparison NIU shot:
    • NIU FG 21-48 (43%)
    • NIU 3FG 12-23 (52%)
    • NIU FT 17-25 (68%)
    UW outrebounded NIU 51-37 while they also had 12 steals, 12 turnovers, 6 blocks but only 4 assists total as a team.

I wonder how much time does Mike Hopkins spend on ft shooting in practices? Also, can Mike Hopkins identify good shooters (FG/FT/3FG) when recruiting players and/or develop them into shooters? Bey, Bajema and Roberts look pretty much the same the players- how well does Mike Hopkins develop players that stay 3-4 years in the program? Is Riley Sorn, who was on the bench in street clothes, injured? His size in the paint would have helped out a lot against a smallish NIU team.

The UW's next opponent, Northern Arizona, lost 81-52 to Arizona tonight. The UW should beat NAU on Thursday but I thought the same concerning tonight's opponent.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Seat gets real warm for Jen as soon as she fires Lake
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

UW outscored Northern Illinois in the second half so mission accomplished there.

• Options

Tequilla said:

with pressure coming from whom?
    Seriously?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

with pressure coming from whom?
    Seriously?
    Yes, seriously.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Simply put, Jen’s completely failed as an AD in a number of ways that have been recycled here

I’ve made comments both here and on Twitter over the last few years highlighting where UW is from a revenue standpoint in Athletics … they are the strongest in the P12 (depends on the years when Uncle Phil drops huge money) and there are on the relatively short list (top 10-20) of richest ADs when you normalize out conference media rights

Coker also made a good tweet thread tonight on the direction of the AD and where Jen’s management is going to torpedo her

For starters, there are really 2 ways that the AD of the UW gets fired under the current administration:

1) The finances of the AD crater

2) The AD becomes a significant source of negative PR for the University

We know the latter is dominating the news cycle … then you add Hop laying another egg tonight and that’s just going to add to it

But bigger picture the low confidence that is in place with the AD and programs by the public is going to crater the revenues. As Coker noted, Jen runs the department on a financial mitigation strategy that makes what she considers small safe bets. In other words, she runs the department on the cheap relatively speaking. She’s also getting what she has paid for … and that’s an issue

So big picture, there are enough people out there that can point out that if you spend money at UW, not only can you get high results, but you’re also going to get buy in by fans/alumni/donors … contrast that with Jen’s cheap approach that doesn’t mind mediocrity (on a good day) and you get empty seats and the secondary market completely bottoming out (which will have substantial short term impact to future revenue patterns)

So yeah, the financials are going to head to shit for her almost assuredly this year and at worst next year (particularly if she goes cheap with the next hire)

So yeah, I’d be shocked if she is the AD when her as of now contract runs out in 2024

You think woke ass U is gonna fire both a black guy and a woman?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited November 2021
    Tequilla said:

Simply put, Jen’s completely failed as an AD in a number of ways that have been recycled here

I’ve made comments both here and on Twitter over the last few years highlighting where UW is from a revenue standpoint in Athletics … they are the strongest in the P12 (depends on the years when Uncle Phil drops huge money) and there are on the relatively short list (top 10-20) of richest ADs when you normalize out conference media rights

Coker also made a good tweet thread tonight on the direction of the AD and where Jen’s management is going to torpedo her

For starters, there are really 2 ways that the AD of the UW gets fired under the current administration:

We know the latter is dominating the news cycle … then you add Hop laying another egg tonight and that’s just going to add to it

But bigger picture the low confidence that is in place with the AD and programs by the public is going to crater the revenues. As Coker noted, Jen runs the department on a financial mitigation strategy that makes what she considers small safe bets. In other words, she runs the department on the cheap relatively speaking. She’s also getting what she has paid for … and that’s an issue

So big picture, there are enough people out there that can point out that if you spend money at UW, not only can you get high results, but you’re also going to get buy in by fans/alumni/donors … contrast that with Jen’s cheap approach that doesn’t mind mediocrity (on a good day) and you get empty seats and the secondary market completely bottoming out (which will have substantial short term impact to future revenue patterns)

So yeah, the financials are going to head to shit for her almost assuredly this year and at worst next year (particularly if she goes cheap with the next hire)

So yeah, I’d be shocked if she is the AD when her as of now contract runs out in 2024

I agree with all that and have said much the same. Maybe we're talking two different things though. You're speculating that she gets kicked to the curb in 2024, as the financials really start to look bad.

But I don't want to wait until we've completely cratered. I want her gone now. And I don't see how that is going to happen.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    Tequilla said:

He knows Jen sucks. We all do. We don’t need the reasons why she sucks.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

I agree with all that and have said much the same. Maybe we're talking two different things though. You're speculating that she gets kicked to the curb in 2024, as the financials really start to look bad.

But I don't want to wait until we've completely cratered. I want her gone now. And I don't see how that is going to happen.
    I’ve said many times that I don’t think Jen is around for the duration of her contract

I think she’s gone at the end of the academic year in June at the latest
  • Options

Tequilla said:

He knows Jen sucks. We all do. We don’t need the reasons why she sucks.
    Fuck off