Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The House that Jen Built - 2021

2»

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I did Race … the pressure comes from boosters/fans (lower revenues) and upper campus (bad PR, negative financial outlook)
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,852 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

I did Race … the pressure comes from boosters/fans (lower revenues) and upper campus (bad PR, negative financial outlook)

Ok thanks

It hasn't worked yet but you never know
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Ok thanks

It hasn't worked yet but you never know
    It’s also never been close to this bad
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,606 Founders Club
    It's okay. Soccer, volleyball, table tennis, and Dr. Feelgood rug munch softball are top 20!!!
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,052 Founders Club
    I was expecting a @RaceBannon masterpiece photo shop
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,643 Founders Club

It was a masterpiece soliloquy
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,052 Founders Club

It was a masterpiece soliloquy
    Those are some big words and dare I say, technically gifted writing?
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,294 Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Seat gets real warm for Jen as soon as she fires Lake

with pressure coming from whom?
    Tequilla said:

Simply put, Jen’s completely failed as an AD in a number of ways that have been recycled here

I’ve made comments both here and on Twitter over the last few years highlighting where UW is from a revenue standpoint in Athletics … they are the strongest in the P12 (depends on the years when Uncle Phil drops huge money) and there are on the relatively short list (top 10-20) of richest ADs when you normalize out conference media rights

Coker also made a good tweet thread tonight on the direction of the AD and where Jen’s management is going to torpedo her

For starters, there are really 2 ways that the AD of the UW gets fired under the current administration:

1) The finances of the AD crater

2) The AD becomes a significant source of negative PR for the University

We know the latter is dominating the news cycle … then you add Hop laying another egg tonight and that’s just going to add to it

But bigger picture the low confidence that is in place with the AD and programs by the public is going to crater the revenues. As Coker noted, Jen runs the department on a financial mitigation strategy that makes what she considers small safe bets. In other words, she runs the department on the cheap relatively speaking. She’s also getting what she has paid for … and that’s an issue

So big picture, there are enough people out there that can point out that if you spend money at UW, not only can you get high results, but you’re also going to get buy in by fans/alumni/donors … contrast that with Jen’s cheap approach that doesn’t mind mediocrity (on a good day) and you get empty seats and the secondary market completely bottoming out (which will have substantial short term impact to future revenue patterns)

So yeah, the financials are going to head to shit for her almost assuredly this year and at worst next year (particularly if she goes cheap with the next hire)

So yeah, I’d be shocked if she is the AD when her as of now contract runs out in 2024

Instruct the witness to ANSWER THE QUESTION

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,852 Founders Club
  • ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
    What does Jen Cohen have to do in order to get fired...besides her coaching hiring failures in FB, MBB, WBB she has helped to cover up two sexual assault incidents (UW Rowing/UW MBB). Just asking for a friend.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021

What does Jen Cohen have to do in order to get fired...besides her coaching hiring failures in FB, MBB, WBB she has helped to cover up two sexual assault incidents (UW Rowing/UW MBB). Just asking for a friend.

I don't think she has as much job security as many here think.

Shit tier football + bball hire === hands will be forced.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,461 Founders Club
    dannarc said:

To me everything else has been this bad. And as guys like me die off we are left with a generation that accepts less and less

I am probably half your age and still care, I have buddies and acquaintances that are under 40 and love the Dwags and going to a game on a crisp fall day. I think we at HH underestimate our fan base, the empty seats are there for a reason because this coaching regime is a joke, if We field a competent staff and win the conference, beat Oregon, and win an occasional big out of conference game, the fan base is there and will rally. Our fan base isn't accepting this and the media jumped on bored, it's a big reason why Jimmy is toast.

Tim will tell, and another shitty hire and we may become Rutgers West

Until then....

Stadium Attendance from 2016-2019 would like a word with you.......

Race/Derek/Rest of us dinosaurs have seen this go in a generation from sell outs and people showing up along with waiting lists for season tickets to UW giving free tickets out for shitty non-con games and secondary market tickets for less than $10 each as many as you want and with all that the actual fans in stands has averaged 45,000 people this year. Next year's home schedule makes this years look like Nebraska, Notre Dame and Ohio State came here attendance wise.

You are starting a 2nd generation of people in the PNW who grew up not giving a shit about Husky Football and in the last 25 years have seen 1 Rose Bowl win and a 3 year stretch of top 10 football. That sounds identical to the hometown baseball team, and you can 100000% see the Marinerization of Husky Football happening.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,867
    How dare you fire the only female ad in the pac