Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon -7

13»

Comments

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,734
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Did anyone here think that UW wasn't going to lose the last two games? If its close Oregon is winning

As we? have discussed here there was a hope that Jimmy and his swagger would translate into not shitting the bed and instead win the game. Stanford was a tiny ray of hope. Yes, they suck but still

I'm still going to see what happens Saturday and I still have talked myself into a UW win and I'll still be here Sunday to eat the shit

Same as it ever was

I thought they'd beat Arizona because they are historically bad. On paper, Stanford was a good matchup for the Huskies - worst run offense and defense in the conference. Only thing that made me think UW had no shot of winning was those stats being similar in 2019 and 2020 and the Huskies being helpless on both ends.

Oregon reminds of the UCLA matchup. They run well and defend the run well, aren't good in pass defense and have a veteran QB who is an erratic passer but mobile.

Like UCLA, it's a winnable game in Seattle, but the Huskies don't have the QB and pass blocking to take advantage of Oregon's weakness, UW's shitty run defense will allow the QB to not have to throw down field, shorten the game, and convert third downs.

Only hope is that Oregon for some reason decides to pass more than they need to, Brown melts down, and the UW offense somehow finds a way to score some points and doesn't turn the ball over the way they did against UCLA.

Oregon will also be up for the game. Pure odds and football gods suggests they should finally not have a good game other than when they aren't super overmatched in this series but that won't happen.
    I meant the last two games with Oregon that we choked out
    Oh - I was sure they would lose both those games going in. 2018 I knew they were going to lose the second the schedule came out with the Huskies coming off a road game, no bye yet and Oregon at home coming off a bye. I'll bitch about this for the rest of my life and know the Pac-12 worked with Oregon to set this up. 2019 I was sure of a loss too. It was an even matchup so it was guaranteed it would be tight and Oregon would want it more.

The sad part is though that as soon as both those games started it was clear UW should have won both games
    I know for a fact Oregon and the Pac12 worked together on the schedule that year. I’ve been told by someone with first hand knowledge.

Not sure if you're being a dick or not.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I'm hearing that Jimmy gave Oregon motivation

Grim

I’m hearing it backfired and the University of Oregon’s president has given the Huskysies all the screen shots they need.
  • Options

Did anyone here think that UW wasn't going to lose the last two games? If its close Oregon is winning

As we? have discussed here there was a hope that Jimmy and his swagger would translate into not shitting the bed and instead win the game. Stanford was a tiny ray of hope. Yes, they suck but still

I'm still going to see what happens Saturday and I still have talked myself into a UW win and I'll still be here Sunday to eat the shit

Same as it ever was

I thought they'd beat Arizona because they are historically bad. On paper, Stanford was a good matchup for the Huskies - worst run offense and defense in the conference. Only thing that made me think UW had no shot of winning was those stats being similar in 2019 and 2020 and the Huskies being helpless on both ends.

Oregon reminds of the UCLA matchup. They run well and defend the run well, aren't good in pass defense and have a veteran QB who is an erratic passer but mobile.

Like UCLA, it's a winnable game in Seattle, but the Huskies don't have the QB and pass blocking to take advantage of Oregon's weakness, UW's shitty run defense will allow the QB to not have to throw down field, shorten the game, and convert third downs.

Only hope is that Oregon for some reason decides to pass more than they need to, Brown melts down, and the UW offense somehow finds a way to score some points and doesn't turn the ball over the way they did against UCLA.

Oregon will also be up for the game. Pure odds and football gods suggests they should finally not have a good game other than when they aren't super overmatched in this series but that won't happen.
    Oh - I was sure they would lose both those games going in. 2018 I knew they were going to lose the second the schedule came out with the Huskies coming off a road game, no bye yet and Oregon at home coming off a bye. I'll bitch about this for the rest of my life and know the Pac-12 worked with Oregon to set this up. 2019 I was sure of a loss too. It was an even matchup so it was guaranteed it would be tight and Oregon would want it more.

The sad part is though that as soon as both those games started it was clear UW should have won both games
    I know for a fact Oregon and the Pac12 worked together on the schedule that year. I’ve been told by someone with first hand knowledge.

You’re full of shit. But I believe you.
    I guess you can check my track record.

I’m no M4dux but I know a couple people by mistake.

The only thing people get wrong is the “worked with Oregon” part. They don’t need to work with Oregon to make the schedule.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,226
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Same as it ever was

@MikeSeaver 's silence speaks volumes
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Grim

I’m hearing it backfired and the University of Oregon’s president has given the Huskysies all the screen shots they need.

Huskies don't care. Oregon isn't a rival
  • Options

Same as it ever was

I already answered. Did you go to UO?
  • Options

Grim

Once you get into the University president’s head it just trickles down onto the field.

34-17 Dawgs.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Same as it ever was

I already answered. Did you go to UO?
    TESC
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,348
    Swaye's Wigwam

Grim

Once you get into the University president’s head it just trickles down onto the field.

34-17 Dawgs.
    It's the Reaganomics of shit talking, I'm hearing.
  • Options
    SanchoSancho Member Posts: 249
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Same as it ever was

I'm with you I'm doogin until I can't. I just don't see this 0regon team working a team with a pulse it's faint but UW has a pulse

The one thing this D is still effective at is making teams earn every yard . I've watched enough of AB to be be doubtful he runs efficient 12 play drives at a rate that nabs them more than 24 pts.

Orereeegone front 7 is legit but there back end is low key caca we got the WRs to exploit just need DBlows to be a tick better than dogshit

Lastly it's the Pac12 and the conference throwing up all overthemsleves when the lights are brightest is 100% our brand let's be the rancid can proceed meat that causes it.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    Sancho said:

Same as it ever was

I'm with you I'm doogin until I can't. I just don't see this 0regon team working a team with a pulse it's faint but UW has a pulse

The one thing this D is still effective at is making teams earn every yard . I've watched enough of AB to be be doubtful he runs efficient 12 play drives at a rate that nabs them more than 24 pts.

Orereeegone front 7 is legit but there back end is low key caca we got the WRs to exploit just need DBlows to be a tick better than dogshit

Lastly it's the Pac12 and the conference throwing up all overthemsleves when the lights are brightest is 100% our brand let's be the rancid can proceed meat that causes it.

• Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I’m going to laugh my ass off if UW comes out in a two deep safety look this week. It takes a special kind of stupid to roll out a stop the deep throw defense against a qb who can’t even through the deep ball. These are the three things that make this matchup difficult for Washington.

1) Oregon will be able to run on them

2) UW will allow Brown the underneath throws all game long

3) the UW offensive line can not block Oregon’s edge rushers.
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I’m going to laugh my ass off if UW comes out in a two deep safety look this week. It takes a special kind of stupid to roll out a stop the deep throw defense against a qb who can’t even through the deep ball. These are the three things that make this matchup difficult for Washington.

1) Oregon will be able to run on them

2) UW will allow Brown the underneath throws all game long

3) the UW offensive line can not block Oregon’s edge rushers.

where is the 5 reasons??
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Bonedog said:

UW 31 - UO 24

You’re going to score more points than tOSU and equal UCLA’s output?

It’s going to rain like crazy on Saturday.

It won’t be a repeat of the Stanford game.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,689
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I see UW making three trips into the red zone. If the hot streak keeps up that means maybe 13 points. I don't think that will beat the spread.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Will and safety are big questions for Oregon. Can Jon Don exploit them? I am guessing no.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Not fucking with the spread because it’ll be an autistic off by both offenses. Oregon ML is free money though.