Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon -7

Comments

• lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    ntxduck said:

Oregon covered the spread against anyone other than tOSU this year?

UCLA was favored by kickoff
    Oregon beat the spread against Ohio State, Stony Brook and UCLA. We didn’t cover Fresno State, Arizona, Stanford, Cal and CU.

In hindsight, Fresno State was good. CU basically backdoored the spread with the bench emptied. We could’ve named the score in that game.

Oregon looked like dogshit against for a run there for sure. We should’ve put Stony Brook away early, had no business being in a tight game against Arizona, Stanford, and Cal.

UCLA and CU seem to indicate better performance.

• GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,323

I don’t think UW will win, Oregon is better but their QB play is bad and they tend to play to the level of their opponents quite a bit. It wouldn’t completely shock me. Especially since we have a little momentum.

Fuck just realized my little cold dead Doog heart is starting to beat. That only leads to disappointment.

Time to rip it back out with prowess
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Oregon covered the spread against anyone other than tOSU this year?

UCLA barely. I think that’s it
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    LebamDawg said:

Mario will want to revenge the Taggart ass beating 2017 but the Oregon defense can't stop anyone. On the other hand, the UW offense is good for 16.7 points and can't score against anyone.

81% chance of it being 34 -17 rather easily.

Who needs touchdowns when you have the most deceptive #1 scoring defense in Pac12 history? #runthedamnball #prostyleattackingoffense #offenseplayerswillloveplayingin #2to3playsfrombeingundefeated #only1gamenotplayingwellinatleast1phaseoutof3 #decommitsfromudubonlymeanimmaturekids #illupdateyallonjpolkshealth2daysafterhisreturnifhedoesatall #2020pac12northchampions #weonlyreallyrecruitagainstmoreprestigiousacademicinstitutions #wherethefuckismikeleachandwhydoteamshavetoruntheballsomuchimtryingtomakesurewedontgetbeatoverthetopandsofar8gamesitsworkedexactlyasplanned #50kfansforspringgame #ineedmoretimejenoncekellensaidnoidontknowanyoneelsesohadtocallfranklinandraheembecausewereallblacklikethatandimgulliblesoibelievedjohnwhenhesaidhelaidthegrounworkformoreheadtousehisoffenseandgetallthecreditbutineveraskedwhy4yearswithterriblefranchisehewaslanguishingasassistantrunningbackscoachtrustmenexttimeillreadthewholeresumeistilldontknowanycoachesbutthatdoesntmatterbecausemyboyraheemwillhookmeupwithaguyheknowsthatcoachesoffenseandneedsagigb4hespushedoutthedoorandletsbehonestyouandyourdykebossdonthaveitinyoutofireablackmaninthiscitywhereprojectingtoleranceismorepopularthanwinning
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    Goduckies said:

I don’t think UW will win, Oregon is better but their QB play is bad and they tend to play to the level of their opponents quite a bit. It wouldn’t completely shock me. Especially since we have a little momentum.

Fuck just realized my little cold dead Doog heart is starting to beat. That only leads to disappointment.

Time to rip it back out with prowess
    Probably
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    Oregon is alpha and the doggies are pissing their pants. The truth hurts.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,592 Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Oregon is alpha and the doggies are pissing their pants. The truth hurts.

The intimidation factor is the only thing Oregon has.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,346 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021

Did anyone here think that UW wasn't going to lose the last two games? If its close Oregon is winning

As we? have discussed here there was a hope that Jimmy and his swagger would translate into not shitting the bed and instead win the game. Stanford was a tiny ray of hope. Yes, they suck but still

I'm still going to see what happens Saturday and I still have talked myself into a UW win and I'll still be here Sunday to eat the shit

Same as it ever was

I thought they'd beat Arizona because they are historically bad. On paper, Stanford was a good matchup for the Huskies - worst run offense and defense in the conference. Only thing that made me think UW had no shot of winning was those stats being similar in 2019 and 2020 and the Huskies being helpless on both ends.

Oregon reminds of the UCLA matchup. They run well and defend the run well, aren't good in pass defense and have a veteran QB who is an erratic passer but mobile.

Like UCLA, it's a winnable game in Seattle, but the Huskies don't have the QB and pass blocking to take advantage of Oregon's weakness, UW's shitty run defense will allow the QB to not have to throw down field, shorten the game, and convert third downs.

Only hope is that Oregon for some reason decides to pass more than they need to, Brown melts down, and the UW offense somehow finds a way to score some points and doesn't turn the ball over the way they did against UCLA.

Oregon will also be up for the game. Pure odds and football gods suggests they should finally not have a good game other than when they aren't super overmatched in this series but that won't happen.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,799
    we are gonna get optioned into oblivion imo
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,852 Founders Club

Did anyone here think that UW wasn't going to lose the last two games? If its close Oregon is winning

As we? have discussed here there was a hope that Jimmy and his swagger would translate into not shitting the bed and instead win the game. Stanford was a tiny ray of hope. Yes, they suck but still

I'm still going to see what happens Saturday and I still have talked myself into a UW win and I'll still be here Sunday to eat the shit

Same as it ever was

I thought they'd beat Arizona because they are historically bad. On paper, Stanford was a good matchup for the Huskies - worst run offense and defense in the conference. Only thing that made me think UW had no shot of winning was those stats being similar in 2019 and 2020 and the Huskies being helpless on both ends.

Oregon reminds of the UCLA matchup. They run well and defend the run well, aren't good in pass defense and have a veteran QB who is an erratic passer but mobile.

Like UCLA, it's a winnable game in Seattle, but the Huskies don't have the QB and pass blocking to take advantage of Oregon's weakness, UW's shitty run defense will allow the QB to not have to throw down field, shorten the game, and convert third downs.

Only hope is that Oregon for some reason decides to pass more than they need to, Brown melts down, and the UW offense somehow finds a way to score some points and doesn't turn the ball over the way they did against UCLA.

Oregon will also be up for the game. Pure odds and football gods suggests they should finally not have a good game other than when they aren't super overmatched in this series but that won't happen.
    I meant the last two games with Oregon that we choked out
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,682

Same as it ever was

There’s a very good chance Oregon is feeling frisky with Brown right now, outthinks themselves, does the wrong thing and goes pass happy.

If they decide to do the right thing and get it to Dye in space as much as possible, they’ll win.

The fact that I have no idea what they’re about to do on Saturday is what makes me hate this staff so very, very much.

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam

Same as it ever was

Nostradamus
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,346 Swaye's Wigwam

Same as it ever was

Oh - I was sure they would lose both those games going in. 2018 I knew they were going to lose the second the schedule came out with the Huskies coming off a road game, no bye yet and Oregon at home coming off a bye. I'll bitch about this for the rest of my life and know the Pac-12 worked with Oregon to set this up. 2019 I was sure of a loss too. It was an even matchup so it was guaranteed it would be tight and Oregon would want it more.

The sad part is though that as soon as both those games started it was clear UW should have won both games
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,682

Same as it ever was

Oh - I was sure they would lose both those games going in. 2018 I knew they were going to lose the second the schedule came out with the Huskies coming off a road game, no bye yet and Oregon at home coming off a bye. I'll bitch about this for the rest of my life and know the Pac-12 worked with Oregon to set this up. 2019 I was sure of a loss too. It was an even matchup so it was guaranteed it would be tight and Oregon would want it more.

The sad part is though that as soon as both those games started it was clear UW should have won both games
    I know for a fact Oregon and the Pac12 worked together on the schedule that year. I’ve been told by someone with first hand knowledge.

• FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

ntxduck said:

Honestly don’t have an opinion yet. Got taken to the cleaners by UCLA +1 the other week so now I’m gunshy

If it slips to Oregon-6.5, take the Ducks and sleep soundly
    One, it has "slipped " to -6.5. Two...does that 1/2 point really make a fucking difference?
    The "7" is worth about 5%, so yeah.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    70% chance of rain Saturday so it's probably going to be a run heavy game for both squads. Advantage Oregon. AB showed he can push the ball downfield but we will see if that continues against a very good secondary. 50/50.

D. Williams has been putting up numbers the last 3 games. If he works one on one the jump ball is his. T. Franklin can do the same. I'd like to see a lot of both Saturday, weather permitting. The matchups on the outside will be key for both teams.

Watching UW the last two games, yes I watched the entire games, they seem to do enough to keep it close and then make the right play when it counts most. They do nothing that wows you, mostly just sold football.

Morris does just enough to not totally FU the game and then makes a play, TD last week to close out Furd. If he somehow gets his shit together Saturday he has the weapons at the WR spot to do some damage this weekend.

The D was solid against AZ and Furd, although both teams O's were minus key personnel. I don't think they'll get great pressure on AB and I like his ability to scramble out of trouble more often than not.

This will be a close game because that's the MO of both teams this year. I have Ducks by 4. 24-20.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

ntxduck said:

Honestly don’t have an opinion yet. Got taken to the cleaners by UCLA +1 the other week so now I’m gunshy

If it slips to Oregon-6.5, take the Ducks and sleep soundly
    One, it has "slipped " to -6.5. Two...does that 1/2 point really make a fucking difference?
    The "7" is worth about 5%, so yeah.
    I heard it’s back to seven and the money is coming in on Oregon. Big if true.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,592 Founders Club

Same as it ever was

I know for a fact Oregon and the Pac12 worked together on the schedule that year. I’ve been told by someone with first hand knowledge.

You’re full of shit. But I believe you.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,852 Founders Club
    I'm hearing that Jimmy gave Oregon motivation

Grim