Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Speculating About the Rest of The Season

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Standard Supporter
With 3 out of the last 4 games at home, let's say UW goes 2-2 the rest of the way and they go to the Poulsbo RV Bowel to eek out a 17-13 win.

Do people here see Lake firing Donovan and who could he hire who is not only a good OC but a good recruiter too? Apparently Lincoln Riley still calls the plays at Oklahoma yet Oklahoma has two Co-Coordinators in Bill Bedenbaugh and Cale Gundy so it could make sense to try to hire one of them at $1.2 to $1.5 million per.

Besides the dark, I'm afraid of Lake keeping Donovan and then Huard transferring so help me!

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2021
    Houhusky said:

If Huard is already seriously thinking about transferring out then he isn't going to be the guy regardless of whatever janitor Lake hires.

Huard hasn't shown anything other than Ronnie Rainbow type shit. The ordainment and anxiety of him being the magical savior is fucking retarded. No one has seen enough to get worked up about him and the team has 69 more important issues than QB.

"the most popular guy on a losing team is always the backup QB" - @RaceBannon ~79AD

A really good QB would raise the level of play for the whole team. I’m not huge on Huard either but haven’t seen enough to really know. The signs aren’t great that he’s a baller tho.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    They aren’t firing Donovan
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Houhusky said:

If Huard is already seriously thinking about transferring out then he isn't going to be the guy regardless of whatever janitor Lake hires.

Huard hasn't shown anything other than Ronnie Rainbow type shit. The ordainment and anxiety of him being the magical savior is fucking retarded. No one has seen enough to get worked up about him and the team has 69 more important issues than QB.

"the most popular guy on a losing team is always the backup QB" - @RaceBannon ~79AD

A really good QB would raise the level of play for the whole team. I’m not huge on Huard either but haven’t seen enough to really know. The signs aren’t great that he’s a baller tho.
    The blacking schemes are terrible. Even a good qb will somewhat struggle in this scheme.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,959
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

My guess... Jen sits down with Jimmy in December and says, "We have to make some changes to make it look like we're addressing issues. Letting Coach Donovan go is really the least problematic move to make. The media will be on our side."

It's obvious thats where things are headed.

If he fires Donovan only then my attitude will be the same as it is now. If he makes changes to the defense as well, basically the entire staff on that side, then I'll probably doog it up and declare an offseason moral victory. People forget that the defense is really problematic too, and the worst of the recruiting woes are on that side.
    Off-season natty?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

My guess... Jen sits down with Jimmy in December and says, "We have to make some changes to make it look like we're addressing issues. Letting Coach Donovan go is really the least problematic move to make. The media will be on our side."

It's obvious thats where things are headed.

If he fires Donovan only then my attitude will be the same as it is now. If he makes changes to the defense as well, basically the entire staff on that side, then I'll probably doog it up and declare an offseason moral victory. People forget that the defense is really problematic too, and the worst of the recruiting woes are on that side.
    Off-season natty?
    Nah that'd be a stretch.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did we not do this thread the previous 7 games?
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,028
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    i think the scariest thing about firing jondon is you have to fire jondon. if (and really 'when') that goes down, here's what happens:

- jimmy has to convince some other OC worth a shit to jump onto a sinking ship (the jondon hire was so uninspiring/terrible that either nobody wanted the job (i.e. saw through jimmys shit) or jimmy was dumb enough to hire jondon or why_not_both.gif)
    - jimmy then hires a new OC (see above for MY concerns)

we? have to nuke this whole thing from orbit, just to be sure. to do that, we? have to keep jondon on so that the 2022 season will not be special.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,531
    Swaye's Wigwam

i think the scariest thing about firing jondon is you have to fire jondon. if (and really 'when') that goes down, here's what happens:

- jimmy has to convince some other OC worth a shit to jump onto a sinking ship (the jondon hire was so uninspiring/terrible that either nobody wanted the job (i.e. saw through jimmys shit) or jimmy was dumb enough to hire jondon or why_not_both.gif)

we? have to nuke this whole thing from orbit, just to be sure. to do that, we? have to keep jondon on so that the 2022 season will not be special.

They aren't firing Lake and he gets to start over with new coordinators plus some merc position coaches that are know for recruiting.

He makes 9/12 conference money. That buys you a lot unless you really fuck up, which if you look at the games, the two embarrassing ones were both non con.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

lawsandl said:

Houhusky said:

The blacking schemes are terrible. Even a good qb will somewhat struggle in this scheme.
    I specifically said no racist crap.
    Lol. Blocking came out blacking.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,959
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Houhusky said:

I specifically said no racist crap.
    Lol. Blocking came out blacking.
    Typical racist duck fan. I thought Oregonians were more woke than this.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,606
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If this staff beats Oregon which is possible after seeing that shit Stanford team go limp last night. That Shaw team is shit. How did they beat Oregon?
    A win next week would keep the staff intact even though it needed to go after Montana.

An Oregon win is what Jen and Jimmy need. It won’t happen though.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think most would rather have Jimmy fired, but just because we can’t get a top name OC doesn’t mean the new guy will suck.

A two year contract at double their current salary would get a lot of guys wanting the job.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    I’m keeping Malloe and Junior. Everyone else can go.