Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dom Hampton and Carson Bruener change everything for this defense

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Getting two hitters who are also sure tacklers on the field made us an entirely different defense. Voi was huge too.

If there's another game this year where Hampton and Bruener don't start somebody needs to be shot.

Those two unlocked something tonight.

Comments

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Voi looked good too. If we can get decent coaching, the door hasn't completely shut on the talent. It's closing fast, though

Wait. If food closes, I’m fucked.
  • Options
    Jdawg1991Jdawg1991 Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    but what about elite Himouli, @backthepack ??????
  • Options

Hampton looks sort of Chancellor like. He's got the potential to be an enforcer. Something this defense sorely missed.

Michael Powell also made some great plays out there at corner.

I haven't been a Mishael fan but he looked good tonight.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Carson played the best game a UW LB has played since Peak Azeem. It wasn't just the number of tackles (or the sack/FF) but the way he tackled. He hit people, they went down immediately. He hurt people. We haven't seen that in ages. So pumped for his future.

I only watched the first half and now im out drinking. Was he actually hit sticking and hurting people?
  • Options

dnc said:

Carson played the best game a UW LB has played since Peak Azeem. It wasn't just the number of tackles (or the sack/FF) but the way he tackled. He hit people, they went down immediately. He hurt people. We haven't seen that in ages. So pumped for his future.

I only watched the first half and now im out drinking. Was he actually hit sticking and hurting people?
    I don't think he knocked anyone out of the game but he laid the wood (lol!) multiple times. Maybe it's just been so long since I saw an LB hit somebody but I thought he looked awesome. Had a sack of McKee where he caused a fumble too. Player of the game as much as I want to give it to Dom or McMillan.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,157
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Husky football script says we find an ILB in week 9 like in 2019 when we? found Eddie against Oregon
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Stanford is the softest team in the Pac. Let’s see how Voi and Carson play next week before crowning them

this. stanford is dogshit lets see what they do against my ducks
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,143
    Founders Club
    Cam Davis unlocked something on offense too, though we should keep in mind Stanford was #12 in rushing defense in the Pac12. Nevertheless, the running game was impressive.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Time to do the doog dance
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,971
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hampton looks sort of Chancellor like. He's got the potential to be an enforcer. Something this defense sorely missed.

Michael Powell also made some great plays out there at corner.

I liked Powell in the slot and bookie deep with dom. Bookie took some bad angles but this duo looked much better. Not sure if it was the opponent making them look good… just hate seeing the safety back pedaling 40 yards on 3rd and 7.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,914
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Cam Davis unlocked something on offense too, though we should keep in mind Stanford was #12 in rushing defense in the Pac12. Nevertheless, the running game was impressive.

It seemed more like the o line was finally able to push guys around. This was the first time they opened holes and Davis was able to run through them.