Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Greetings Half Brains

It's been a while. Years ago I was like you. A long suffering uw fan who was alive during the Don James era and wondering if/when those "glory days" would return. I haunted the interweb forums under many aliases. JimmyMiddleFinger..... Haid D' Saalami...plus a few others. Poasting on the boreds and following the game threads every crisp autumn Saturday afternoon. Drinking myself numb after every disgraceful loss or embarrassing moral victory. Waiting year after year for the next coach who would be the guy. I survived Winlessham and Sark only to have Peterman yanked out from under my feet and replaced, like a cheap Chinese made water pump from AutoZone, by Lake. And so I reached a turning point in my life. I simply quit caring. I abandoned uw football and chose a new program, North Dakota State. Big cheese and sausage eating white guys, with names like Lars and Olaf...from places like Fish Lake....who play hard nosed football. This was not a random pick. My dad was a NoDak and my ex wife attended NDSU for a semester or 3. They win slot so it was an easy choice. I cannot begin to describe the peace and serenity that this simple change has brought. Gone are the crippling hangovers and the Sunday afternoons of spackling holes I had kicked in the walls the night previous. I haven't thrown a vodka bottle through the screen of a tv in several seasons now. I can finally enjoy this special time of year and the game I grew up loving.
My heart is heavy with sorrow for your plight. But I promise you, there is light on the other side of that darkness. I wish you all the best
GG

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    It's good to have you back, @Haid_D_Salaami / JMF.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I do remember a couple of those handles. I dont remember if you're a dick or good, or possibly a good dick, so fuck off in advance just in case.
  • Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 491
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club
    Hard to love a new woman when the old one still haunts your dreams. I have one college football team until the kids go to college. The same one since I was 13.

Sadly the boy looks like he will choose Mizzou so it will be double heartbreak. Hope the girl picks Stanford or Cal over the Ivy League.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

It's been a while. Years ago I was like you. A long suffering uw fan who was alive during the Don James era and wondering if/when those "glory days" would return. I haunted the interweb forums under many aliases. JimmyMiddleFinger..... Haid D' Saalami...plus a few others. Poasting on the boreds and following the game threads every crisp autumn Saturday afternoon. Drinking myself numb after every disgraceful loss or embarrassing moral victory. Waiting year after year for the next coach who would be the guy. I survived Winlessham and Sark only to have Peterman yanked out from under my feet and replaced, like a cheap Chinese made water pump from AutoZone, by Lake. And so I reached a turning point in my life. I simply quit caring. I abandoned uw football and chose a new program, North Dakota State. Big cheese and sausage eating white guys, with names like Lars and Olaf...from places like Fish Lake....who play hard nosed football. This was not a random pick. My dad was a NoDak and my ex wife attended NDSU for a semester or 3. They win slot so it was an easy choice. I cannot begin to describe the peace and serenity that this simple change has brought. Gone are the crippling hangovers and the Sunday afternoons of spackling holes I had kicked in the walls the night previous. I haven't thrown a vodka bottle through the screen of a tv in several seasons now. I can finally enjoy this special time of year and the game I grew up loving.
    My heart is heavy with sorrow for your plight. But I promise you, there is light on the other side of that darkness. I wish you all the best
    GG

so maybe we? should hire the NDSU coach?
  • Options
    GaearGrimsrudGaearGrimsrud Member Posts: 82
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

chuck said:

so fuck off in advance just in case.

This kinda shit is why I missed this place

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,590
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

GG

Wyoming already tried that. They hired Bohl, who won like 10 titles in Fargo. Wyoming still sucks. NDSU rolls on.
    It's about atmosphere and attitude. Husky stadium is surrounded by Thai joints and eateries that promote "an organic and sustainable future". Fargodome has Country Kitchen around the corner. The program is a reflection of it's fan base. Seattle boasts a pro sports venue called.... "Climate Pledge Arena"? Lmao yeah, no...it's dead. Abandon all hope. Just sayin.
    This is a good argument to not hire the NDSU coach. On the other hand, the Seattle fan base rabidly supports the Seahawks, who have been a winner until this season. Eugene, Oregon is every bit liberal that Seattle is, and they're doing fine too. So to compare Wyoming to Western Washington and posit that because Bohl sucked then every other coach coming from there would suck, is not a 100% supportable claim.
    Jury might still be out on Klieman. 8-5, 4-6, 4-3 at K State in his three years. He won even more that Bohl did. NDSU might just be Boise. Koetter, Nutt, Hawkins and if Harsin doesn't win against either Mississippi or ATM in the next two weeks he would probably be fired for his vaxx status. All those Boise guys outside Pete were/are middling power five coaches.
  • Options
    SluggoRouteDawgSluggoRouteDawg Member Posts: 145

GG

Wyoming already tried that. They hired Bohl, who won like 10 titles in Fargo. Wyoming still sucks. NDSU rolls on.
    It's about atmosphere and attitude. Husky stadium is surrounded by Thai joints and eateries that promote "an organic and sustainable future". Fargodome has Country Kitchen around the corner. The program is a reflection of it's fan base. Seattle boasts a pro sports venue called.... "Climate Pledge Arena"? Lmao yeah, no...it's dead. Abandon all hope. Just sayin.
    This is a good argument to not hire the NDSU coach. On the other hand, the Seattle fan base rabidly supports the Seahawks, who have been a winner until this season. Eugene, Oregon is every bit liberal that Seattle is, and they're doing fine too. So to compare Wyoming to Western Washington and posit that because Bohl sucked then every other coach coming from there would suck, is not a 100% supportable claim.
    Just win baby
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

GG

Bohl taking the Wyoming job was and remains a head scratcher. He definitely could’ve parlayed his NDSU tim into a better job at a power 5 school.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,997
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

so fuck off in advance just in case.

This kinda shit is why I missed this place

Go fuck yourself.
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,486
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2021
    upvoted for the Autozone waterpump reference

North Dakota has tough football teams. Central was playing them for a while before they went FCS
    https://wildcatsports.com/sports/football/opponent-history/university-of-north-dakota/65 I basically quit caring about Huskee football much around 2007
  • Options

GG

GG

Some valid points. Ok, maybe I'm generalizing and being overly stereotypical. But the culture in Seattle is a cancer. During the DJ era it was a working class town with Boeing and flannel at it's roots. Now it's a Marxist shit hole and that culture has seeped in the sports scene. Where it hasn't in Eugene....imo. There is no demand for accountability. Losing is accepted with smiles, excuses and catch phrases like "(insert year here) is gonna be special)"....and "he's losing but he's doing it the right way" etc etc. Any retard should get a medal for just showing up so his feelers aren't hurt. And it's been this way since Ty. From upper campus and the AD to the avg doog posting nonsense on Seattle Times stories, the whole structure is rotten. That isn't gonna change any time soon. Fargo is a cfb town. The atmosphere is all about Bison football. I would argue, to a point, Eugene is also. Seattle simply is not anymore.
    As far as the Bohl/Wyo situation, I didn't say Bohl sucked. Wyoming sucks. Why? Bohl has no resources and nothing to draw recruits. Ever been to Laramie? Think SE Portland but without trees and cowboy hats instead of Harley bandanas. And the wind blows nine fuckin zero there 24/7. Meth heads, bikers and the occasional odd homo who gets tied to a fence post. No kid with half a brain and an offer from Weber St or Chadron is gonna go to Laramie. It isn't all on Bohl there. You can't win with no resources and/or a shit fan base. UW is plagued with one of those. And UW is plagued with the other.
    Just my $0.02

• Options

GG

Bohl taking the Wyoming job was and remains a head scratcher. He definitely could’ve parlayed his NDSU tim into a better job at a power 5 school.
    He waits a year or two and he's HC at his alma mater, Nebraska. I never understood either why he jumped at that offer.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    @Haid_D_Salaami - are you Team @Yousef_#1UberDriver or Team @PurpleBaze ?

I need to keep my Islamic terrorist uber/lyft drivers straight so I don't step in some shiite.

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,846
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    @PurpleBaze

ANSWER THE QUESTION!!1!

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    Founders Club

GG

GG

Some valid points. Ok, maybe I'm generalizing and being overly stereotypical. But the culture in Seattle is a cancer. During the DJ era it was a working class town with Boeing and flannel at it's roots. Now it's a Marxist shit hole and that culture has seeped in the sports scene. Where it hasn't in Eugene....imo. There is no demand for accountability. Losing is accepted with smiles, excuses and catch phrases like "(insert year here) is gonna be special)"....and "he's losing but he's doing it the right way" etc etc. Any retard should get a medal for just showing up so his feelers aren't hurt. And it's been this way since Ty. From upper campus and the AD to the avg doog posting nonsense on Seattle Times stories, the whole structure is rotten. That isn't gonna change any time soon. Fargo is a cfb town. The atmosphere is all about Bison football. I would argue, to a point, Eugene is also. Seattle simply is not anymore.
    As far as the Bohl/Wyo situation, I didn't say Bohl sucked. Wyoming sucks. Why? Bohl has no resources and nothing to draw recruits. Ever been to Laramie? Think SE Portland but without trees and cowboy hats instead of Harley bandanas. And the wind blows nine fuckin zero there 24/7. Meth heads, bikers and the occasional odd homo who gets tied to a fence post. No kid with half a brain and an offer from Weber St or Chadron is gonna go to Laramie. It isn't all on Bohl there. You can't win with no resources and/or a shit fan base. UW is plagued with one of those. And UW is plagued with the other.
    Just my $0.02

I mostly agree with this
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

GG

GG

Just my $0.02

So what I'm gathering is that all Seattle needs is a little more meth and we can be BACK!?
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

GG

Eugene, Oregon is every bit liberal that Seattle is, and they're doing fine too.
    They dont give two shits about football off campus *in city*. Might disdain it worse than Seattleites.

One of four Eugene public high schools cancelled football (South Eugene) and it looks like a second will have to soon (not enough Fr and Soph at Churchill to sustain it once the Jrs and Srs are gone).

The Ducks fans are from the hinterland in Trump country or from metro Portland not Eugene proper.