Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

21 years ago today

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,658 Founders Club
Curtis Williams was paralyzed in a game at Stanford.

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,242
    Obligatory Curtis Williams was a shit human being post.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,188

Curtis Williams was paralyzed in a game at Stanford.

Unfortunately, I was there. Never, have I ever wanted to watch the DWAGS play less than I did the final minutes of that game. You could actually feel why the players gave up and let 'furd come back.

Of course, after the Tui led comeback I made plans to fly to Seattle to watch us play Arizona who still kind of had a football team then.

I haven't been to an actual Husky game, outside of Aloha stadium, since whatshisname fucked up the tv negotiations.

Now it looks like I might never attend another. Well, at least for the foreseeable future anyway.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,294 Swaye's Wigwam
    Was there talking shit to Stanford fans (all 3). Never had a doubt we’d win.

Of course, I was having a manic episode, which probably helped.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,672 Standard Supporter
    Drank an awful lot of beer at the hotel bar on Friday night, so much so that a much younger Alexis ended up having to deposit a large amount of his beer back at the table. I filled up my pint glass with puke, had to puke again so I poured the pint into one of the empty pitchers on the table, started to fill up the pint glass again and then realized that I could skip the middle man and puke directly into the pitcher.

I think you sat in front of me at Husky Stadium one game...
    Impressed the hell out of Mrs. Lebam
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,108 Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Drank an awful lot of beer at the hotel bar on Friday night, so much so that a much younger Alexis ended up having to deposit a large amount of his beer back at the table. I filled up my pint glass with puke, had to puke again so I poured the pint into one of the empty pitchers on the table, started to fill up the pint glass again and then realized that I could skip the middle man and puke directly into the pitcher.

I am quite impressive. But I've never actually threw up at a gayme though. That would be pretty lowbrow.
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,737
    I can't remember a single game for most years after about 2003 but I remember clearly each game in 2000
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,796 Founders Club
    Alexis said:

LebamDawg said:

I am quite impressive. But I've never actually threw up at a gayme though. That would be pretty lowbrow.
    I'm having flashbacks to the giphy of the big fat slob puking all over himself at a baseball game.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,867 Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

LebamDawg said:

Fudgie says “hurtful”.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Alexis said:

LebamDawg said:

Fudgie says “hurtful”.
    Beat me to it, well done.