Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Paging Pete fix this mess

Comments

• Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,645
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2021
    what about Pete as AD?

Obviously with the caveat that you have to start over coaching wise in football and basketball.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,657
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

I would take Pete. Recycling would be kind of a UW thing, but we have maybe a 5% chance of hiring a better coach. Pete needs to be the CEO of the program and stay the fuck outta the offense tho. I’m not sure he would be able to do that because he’s a control freak.

Jettison the whole staff if needed. Hope that Wilcox gets fired and he’s available to be DC. In the likely case that isn’t possible, get top notch coordinators, a couple recruiters, and get to work.

I'm in the camp that Wilcox's problem is more Cal than him. Maybe it's only because I watch him against the top schools though.

He has beaten SC, UW twice, Oregon almost twice, and Stanford. He does have a cuoglet problem though.

But he probably hates UW for passing him over back in 2013.
    Pete as a CEO could hire Wilcox as his defensive coordinator and Head Coach in waiting.
    I will never, ever, want Pete back nor think that he was great for UW and not the other way around. Pete coaching tree hires fail for a reason. Conservative, no balls football isn't elite.

All other candidates for his services in 2013 weren't going to give him the same control, and look what that got us.

A fucking overpaid staff that he bailed on so he go could on Fox sports and dick around.
    The Saban guys are mostly unsuccessful head coaches. Same with Meyer, same with Carroll. It’s not a valid reason to judge a coach.

8-5 is. The shitty offenses are another reason. Pete’s a top 10 coach tho. We aren’t hiring someone better. If he came in motivated to spend 5-6 years as head coach and turn this thing around, we would be much better off. I would take him over whoever we are going to hire.
    And most likely a top 3 CEO which is what UW needs from him. He obviously is upset at how things are falling to shit. Get the right assistants in place. Let friendships and loyalties go… bye Lake go run that shit defense at Bama and see how long you last in the SEC
    How do you know he's upset? He fucking bailed on UW in the first place.

Admitted he wasn't fired up to bring home the first 🌹in twenty fucking years.

He wants to come out and say "I'm recharged, ready to recruit for Washington and right the ship and shut the 'lunatic fringe' the fuck up" and starts winning big bowls? Great. I'd be first in line to blow.

But he was an 8 win coach in the mountain west when we hired him. Honestly poaching whittingham or smith is a more intelligent move. They're probably tired of coaching in povertyville.
    I listen and pay attention instead of trolling a message boarding thinking I’m someone.
    Okay.

I don't think Pete was a good coach. I watched all 6 of his years. Imagine choking running Peters (top UW corner in history) off and going 8 and fucking 6. That shit matters to me. We stopped Oregon and Stanford and then melted. 8 win coaching.

I'm just a humble alum who has spent tens of thousands of dollars on the football team, like a lot of people here. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
    Which would suggest you are worthless as evaluation of coaching talent and go against most of the experts . And anytime you want to come over to twitter discussions and crawl out of your moms basement and be a man and discuss things without being a troll I’ll be waiting
    :D

Twitter is for retards who want to eat Pete's ass so he can come back and win 8 games a season.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

I would take Pete. Recycling would be kind of a UW thing, but we have maybe a 5% chance of hiring a better coach. Pete needs to be the CEO of the program and stay the fuck outta the offense tho. I’m not sure he would be able to do that because he’s a control freak.

Jettison the whole staff if needed. Hope that Wilcox gets fired and he’s available to be DC. In the likely case that isn’t possible, get top notch coordinators, a couple recruiters, and get to work.

I'm in the camp that Wilcox's problem is more Cal than him. Maybe it's only because I watch him against the top schools though.

He has beaten SC, UW twice, Oregon almost twice, and Stanford. He does have a cuoglet problem though.

Pete as a CEO could hire Wilcox as his defensive coordinator and Head Coach in waiting.
    I will never, ever, want Pete back nor think that he was great for UW and not the other way around. Pete coaching tree hires fail for a reason. Conservative, no balls football isn't elite.

All other candidates for his services in 2013 weren't going to give him the same control, and look what that got us.

A fucking overpaid staff that he bailed on so he go could on Fox sports and dick around.
    The Saban guys are mostly unsuccessful head coaches. Same with Meyer, same with Carroll. It’s not a valid reason to judge a coach.

8-5 is. The shitty offenses are another reason. Pete’s a top 10 coach tho. We aren’t hiring someone better. If he came in motivated to spend 5-6 years as head coach and turn this thing around, we would be much better off. I would take him over whoever we are going to hire.
    And most likely a top 3 CEO which is what UW needs from him. He obviously is upset at how things are falling to shit. Get the right assistants in place. Let friendships and loyalties go… bye Lake go run that shit defense at Bama and see how long you last in the SEC

He wants to come out and say "I'm recharged, ready to recruit for Washington and right the ship and shut the 'lunatic fringe' the fuck up" and starts winning big bowls? Great. I'd be first in line to blow.

But he was an 8 win coach in the mountain west when we hired him. Honestly poaching whittingham or smith is a more intelligent move. They're probably tired of coaching in povertyville.
    I listen and pay attention instead of trolling a message boarding thinking I’m someone.
    Okay.

I don't think Pete was a good coach. I watched all 6 of his years. Imagine choking running Peters (top UW corner in history) off and going 8 and fucking 6. That shit matters to me. We stopped Oregon and Stanford and then melted. 8 win coaching.

I'm just a humble alum who has spent tens of thousands of dollars on the football team, like a lot of people here. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
    Which would suggest you are worthless as evaluation of coaching talent and go against most of the experts . And anytime you want to come over to twitter discussions and crawl out of your moms basement and be a man and discuss things without being a troll I’ll be waiting

Twitter is for retards who want to eat Pete's ass so he can come back and win 8 games a season.
    Keep hiding behind your keyboard in your mothers basement
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    gmo said:

what about Pete as AD?

Obviously with the caveat that you have to start over coaching wise in football and basketball.

My only concern here is that he's the one that basically hired Lake...
  • Options
    Canadawg said:

gmo said:

what about Pete as AD?

My only concern here is that he's the one that basically hired Lake...
    Lake sold his bullshit on a lot of people including Damon Huard
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Okay.

Pretty sure my opinion's out there on Twitter.

And my mother died from collateral damage at a hit of a famed Seattle gangster. At a Capital Hill cupcake shop. She left the basement to my step dad who was a Seahawks/Cuoglet fan. Thanks for bringing up the memories asshole.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Okay.

Pretty sure my opinion's out there on Twitter.

And my mother died from collateral damage at a hit of a famed Seattle gangster. At a Capital Hill cupcake shop. She left the basement to my step dad who was a Seahawks/Cuoglet fan. Thanks for bringing up the memories asshole.
    T&P’s
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Okay.

Bro, he has records to show he’s a good coach. Even winning 2 PAC 12 titles is big. We had won one since 92 before Pete got here.
    Bro, 3/6 he fucking sucked. I'm not saying he's horrible (he knew how to play the numbers), I'm saying he wasn't a UW Savior. Because he wasn't.

ESPN just came out with an article where anonymous coaches said UW was a great place to be. That shows that people think our current staff underachieves, just like Harbaugh exclaimed in 2010.

2016 and 2018 were fun. Not taking that away from Pete. But he can go fuck himself, he didn't make us. Fuck that.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Okay.

Bro, he has records to show he’s a good coach. Even winning 2 PAC 12 titles is big. We had won one since 92 before Pete got here.
    If you have to misrepresent the facts in order to keep hammering on a point, it's probably not a valid point. He averaged 9 wins at UW, including a 12 and two 10 win seasons and is a career 80% winner.

He isn't the answer I'm hoping for but to argue that he wasn't better and wouldn't be better again, or that he wasn't an improvement his first time around, is just stupid beyond words.

Yeah, an eight win coach. He won less than 10 once in eight seasons at Boise.

• Options
    soforksofork Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Pete won’t come back. Rains too much in Seattle.
  • Options
    2girls1applecup2girls1applecup Member Posts: 80
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I only post on here when I'm drunk, but fuck. Really?...... Pete's done with us. I am on the team that says he did great things for us. Didn't get the big win but fuck, 10 a year is pretty good. Get over it you fucking pussies. He's not the only coach in cfb. We need to move on from this entire staff and the Boise connect. Its college football id rather lose 35-38 than 17-23 with safeties i never saw on my TV. Game changes, philosophies change, we react instead of attack but fuck. Get off your knees with Pete you look like Jen.
  • Options
    GhostofMosster47GhostofMosster47 Member Posts: 68
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Peterman isn't going back to a situation where he has to recruit against a guy like Cristobal.

If he ever does go back to cfb it will be to resurrect his love child that Andy Avalos has set on fire.
  • Options
    edited November 2021

Pretty much kills the anti NIL argument from most around here about Pete
    Also Pete was quick to fire assistants, not all the ones we wanted but he did fire them when they didn’t meet expectations.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021

Peterman isn't going back to a situation where he has to recruit against a guy like Cristobal.

If he ever does go back to cfb it will be to resurrect his love child that Andy Avalos has set on fire.

He recruited just fine against Meat, but still.

Btw where are guys at now, 19 losses in a row? Think Fisch gets another 2-3 years?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,056
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Given the state of, well, everything - I’d take him back in a heartbeat no questions asked. In fact I’d be delighted.

In my drug melted brain I’d like to imagine that Jen thought about firing lil Jimmie and having peterman reluctantly finish the season. She may have even had the conversation and peterman told her to fuck off.

Then I’m reminded that Jen has never showed us her tits and she’s also as dumb as TOF so such ideas are not generated in her brain.
  • Options
    Introducing your interim possibly permanent head coach and new athletic director…. Pete… paging Wilcox and Moore
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,419
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If he truly believes in all the OKG shit, he'll make this right, whatever way that may be.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Introducing your interim possibly permanent head coach and new athletic director…. Pete… paging Wilcox and Moore

With his involvement in the NIL company, if any "big name" thing is true it's going to be that he convinced Stoops that it's awesome to boat to work everyday in Seattle while going 8-5.